Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lobsterman is offline Associate Member

Dodge Ram SRT-10 ????

Holy ****,I saw this at the car show last year in NYC they're all over ebay now 500 horses cause it's got a Viper engine that the gas mileage is the worst,my question though does any of you guys own one ? And what do you think of this machine ?

jon rock is offline Associate Member
    maybe when i win the powerball i can afford one. Muscle and fitness had an article, said
    it can do 150+ mph and o-60 in the five's Claimed it as the fastest production truck in the world.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobsterman
    Holy ****,I saw this at the car show last year in NYC they're all over ebay now 500 horses cause it's got a Viper engine that the gas mileage is the worst,my question though does any of you guys own one ? And what do you think of this machine ?
    Im going to the dealer. I plan on buying one of these very soon
    Comes with a 508watt subwoofer system!

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    new srt 10 is jsut slightly faster then 05 lightning, srt-10's 0-60 is 5.1 and ford lightning is 5.2, its definitely a fast truck but lightning is much much cheaper and just as fast....

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Just get the viper

Quote Originally Posted by Khull_Khuum
    new srt 10 is jsut slightly faster then 05 lightning, srt-10's 0-60 is 5.1 and ford lightning is 5.2, its definitely a fast truck but lightning is much much cheaper and just as fast....
    Yea but the lightning doesnt come with bragging rights like the V10 viper motor

LORDBLiTZ: I hear i look sexy in a truck... so why not have the best of both worlds lol

Yeah and the lightning is a ford so it will fall apart in two years

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Just get the viper
    Really off subject, but Lord, your avatar on MM is one of the best I've seen. Hilarious

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    Yea but the lightning doesnt come with bragging rights like the V10 viper motor
    There is nothing impressive about a dodge V-10, especially in a truck.. If you like to compare, a Lightning has 2 fewer cylinders, and is probally a 1/3 cheaper then the dodge.. I'm sure the Lighting is a quicker truck, because it is lighter, and makes decent power (weight/power ratio) If you wanted to you could make the Lightning anihilate a viper period, with a small and inexpensive upgrade (don't ask me why they don't come from the factory like that).. If Chrysler was thinking straight, they would put their 426 hemi into the truck, now that would be a bad ass ride..

decadbal is offline Banned
    ill just stick with my tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    There is nothing impressive about a dodge V-10, especially in a truck.. If you like to compare, a Lightning has 2 fewer cylinders, and is probally a 1/3 cheaper then the dodge.. I'm sure the Lighting is a quicker truck, because it is lighter, and makes decent power (weight/power ratio) If you wanted to you could make the Lightning anihilate a viper period, with a small and inexpensive upgrade (don't ask me why they don't come from the factory like that).. If Chrysler was thinking straight, they would put their 426 hemi into the truck, now that would be a bad ass ride..
    Err theres nothing impressive about a V8 supercharged (8.0 psi). The V10 is N/A. The times are close but as they get into higher speeds the dodge will rule. As for an upgrade... give the dodge a 8.0psi supercharger and say goodnight to any street car.

Err theres nothing impressive about a V8 supercharged (8.0 psi). The V10 is N/A. The times are close but as they get into higher speeds the dodge will rule. As for an upgrade... give the dodge a 8.0psi supercharger and say goodnight to any street car.
    Ugggggggh... Here let me clear something up for you, top end the lightning OWNS a V-10, thats how a supercharger works.. Thats fine, spend another 5,000 on your ram ontop of the price of the brand new truck (someone tell me how much that ram is?) haha... You get the point, It's a waste of 10liters.. If you want something that displaces more then 8 cylinders, go buy yourself a Ferrari.. If that truck made production, it won't be around long..

someday is offline Member
    dodge doesn't make the 426 hemi anymore.... the new ones a 318 i believe.

Ugggggggh... Here let me clear something up for you, top end the lightning OWNS a V-10, thats how a supercharger works.. Thats fine, spend another 5,000 on your ram ontop of the price of the brand new truck (someone tell me how much that ram is?) haha... You get the point, It's a waste of 10liters.. If you want something that displaces more then 8 cylinders, go buy yourself a Ferrari.. If that truck made production, it won't be around long..
    First off theres different types of chargers... Some that make power on demand and some that only make it at higher RPM's. Just because thats when the ford makes its power more doesnt mean its faster on top end. Weight doesnt play as big as role once your in top end (unlike off the line). Plus im willing to bet that the dodge has a higher top end that the ford could never reach. Due to gearing and lack of power. The price i was quoted was $48,580. So you better believe if im spending that on a new turck that 5k more is just a drop in the bucket. I grew up working at my dad's shop... i have an idea what im talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by someday
    dodge doesn't make the 426 hemi anymore.... the new ones a 318 i believe.
    Yea they do, I can't find the link.. They're $14,000 for a 426 crate motor, $16,000 for a 526 crate motor.. Yes go to your dealership, and ask the guy at the parts counter..

The new hemi is either the 318 or 360 with the hemi heads.. garbage small blocks

First off theres different types of chargers... Some that make power on demand and some that only make it at higher RPM's. Just because thats when the ford makes its power more doesnt mean its faster on top end. Weight doesnt play as big as role once your in top end (unlike off the line). Plus im willing to bet that the dodge has a higher top end that the ford could never reach. Due to gearing and lack of power. The price i was quoted was $48,580. So you better believe if im spending that on a new turck that 5k more is just a drop in the bucket. I grew up working at my dad's shop... i have an idea what im talking about.
    Bro, If you would like to compare racing backgrounds thats fine with me.. You brush the surface with what you talk about, so i'll assume you know very little, and you didn't pay attention at your fathers shop

They havn't stop making the hemi, and somone who is going to drop 50,000 imaginary dollars would know that..
    Last edited by monster.; 03-19-2004 at 12:24 PM.

First off theres different types of chargers... Some that make power on demand and some that only make it at higher RPM's.
    Hopefully you were kidding when you said this... I got a good laugh out of this, you sure do sound like you know what your talking about.. Don't let swellin or shootdeep see this..

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

BTW when you compare the two trucks price... your not just paying for a motor. So keep that in mind. Ive had a new ford before and it had its share of problems (and thats a normal explorer). I cant wait to see this "A/C intercooler charge"... that uses the A/C to cool the air to give it a bit more power for like 15sec. They will be replacing those year round! My vr6 gave me a lot of problems but that had 70k miles on it. Unlike the new ford

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    FORD lightning hauls ass man, saw one smash a vette, easy to add a few extra horse to them too..

ft-

BTW when you compare the two trucks price... your not just paying for a motor. So keep that in mind. Ive had a new ford before and it had its share of problems (and thats a normal explorer). I cant wait to see this "A/C intercooler charge"... that uses the A/C to cool the air to give it a bit more power for like 15sec. They will be replacing those year round! My vr6 gave me a lot of problems but that had 70k miles on it. Unlike the new ford
    Listen.................. You couldn't pay me to hold a conversation with you about automobiles right now.. Keep looking at the pictures in motor trend and read the captions, you'll learn quite a bit like that!!!!! LOL

Sorry juicehoe, i'm not trying to dog you bro... You crack me up though!!!!!

LOLLLLLLLLLLL

and not too mention ford makes the toughest truck... no contest, u can beat the **** out of a ford and she keeps on ticking, not saying i dont like the chev, i drive a silverado 2500hd, duramax, allision tranny and shes been in twice for tranny work... shes mia right now... i twisted the frame up pulling down old grainery houses down on our land :LOL:

ft-

Hopefully you were kidding when you said this... I got a good laugh out of this, you sure do sound like you know what your talking about.. Don't let swellin or shootdeep see this..

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
    umm no i wasnt kidding theres different types of chargers you know Roots, centrifugal, screw. I know for a fact centrifugal makes it power at higher RPM's... thats what i have on my VR6. So dont laugh to hard

Listen.................. You couldn't pay me to hold a conversation with you about automobiles right now.. Keep looking at the pictures in motor trend and read the captions, you'll learn quite a bit like that!!!!! LOL

Sorry juicehoe, i'm not trying to dog you bro... You crack me up though!!!!!

LOLLLLLLLLLLL
    Thats ok... you dont seem able to hold a conversation. I dont read motor trend... but you can. Keep looking at 0-60 times and HP numbers.

I apoligize for the hijack Lobsterman..

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Lightenings are nice trucks. The new dodges look nice too.
    60k for a truck is a waste of money. 35 to 40k for a lightening is ok but they dont have a supercab. No room to put speakers or anything.
    Why not just buy a regular dodge hemi and with the extra 25k you save, just upgrade the fvck out of it. Install all your chips and regearing and turbos and crap.
    Dont ever pay 60k for a STOCK truck regardless of how fast it is. You can make it twice as fast with the same amount of money.

rujulus is offline Junior Member
    That is so true...A lightning would wack an srt 10 with not even 500 in mod's just for the fact that the srt is a heavy a** truck 5,000lbs i think.

Humanimal is offline Junior Member
    The rams look like mini big rigs, and big rigs are big n ugly. I think that srt-10 looks horrible. Whats with that big handle bar on the back? It looks like they took the front end off a big rig and stuck it to a small pickup bed. The interior doesnt even compare to a regular '04 F150 (lariat). Yes, it may be fast because they dropped a viper engine under the hood, but it looks slow. And 50 grand? I mean, besides the engine, all it looks like it has to set it apart are some pep boy looking dress up items. I cant see why anyone would pay 50 grand for that truck unless they wanna look cool towing their viper or they're a die hard dodge fan. And this new ram design- I mean the big rig look to the rams were cool when it first came out, and now they look even MORE like a big rig. Wow!

ford is a lame ass company they dont even have any good sports cars , the mustang
    is a piece of junk rust bucket.
    . dodge has the viper,stealth,prowler,intrepid,300m,concorde etc etc.

fefespbeto is offline Associate Member
    go read about the new mustang 2005...
    Quote Originally Posted by jon rock
    ford is a lame ass company they dont even have any good sports cars , the mustang

jon rock have u ever heard of the gt-40? its marked to be re-released 2006...

ft-

Quote Originally Posted by jon rock
    I love it, lets talk about something we have no clue about!!! This is what makes the world go around..

Viper = JUNK, Poor attempt at an american super car, pick up a vette for 1/3 less, and turn just as many heads.

Stealth = Stopped making these and the Mitsubishi 3000 GT's, made them on the same platform.. Garbage, for the money, you have to understand if these cars had a positive impact they would still be around.. Ultimately this means they are junk.

Prowler = Don't make that anymore either, that's a piece of sh!t, total production numbers are somewhere around 20,000 give or take for how many years they made them - At $50,000+ dollars for a V6 (yes doesn't even come with a V8) they can't sell the if their life depended on them, thats why they are not around..

-These cars below are 'throw away cars', hence they NEVER HOLD THEIR VALUE:

Interpid = I can't believe you brought this P.O.S. up in this theard, i thought you were talking about high performance machines, not grocery getters..

300M = They produced these back in the 60's, brought them back in 98 or 99 to spark some sort of interest, that idea faded away quick.. The can't give these cars away anymore..

Concorde/LHS = This is what people in the industry call a 'poor mans caddy' they are good rental cars when the neons are all taken at the ENTERPRISE rent-a-car..

The most impressive thing Chrysler has going for it is their minivans, Lee Iachoca invented the caravan back in 84, If it wasn't for this idea, Chrysler would be in worst shape it is now.. Even after merging with Mercedes (Daihlmer) their sales still blow.. You can thank JEEP, because Jeep has such a solid reputation, that is what is keeping Chrysler competitive, thats the major reason it is even thought of as the BIG 3..

The mustang has been around since 1964 go figure.. The only reason why you see so much rust is cause you're way up north with the snow, and salt eats cars up.. If you want something that doesn't rust, go buy a Saturn they don't at all

Sorry for the hijack again
    Last edited by monster.; 03-20-2004 at 03:43 PM.

I love it, lets talk about something we have no clue about!!! This is what makes the world go around..
    Stealth = Stopped making these and the Mitsubishi 3000 GT's, made them on the same platform.. Garbage, for the money, you have to understand if these cars had a positive impact they would still be around.. Ultimately this means they are junk.

-These cars are 'throw away cars', hence they NEVER HOLD THEIR VALUE:

The mustang has been around since 1964 go figure.. The only reason why you see so much rust is cause you're way up north with the snow, and salt eats cars up.. If you want something that doesn't rust, go buy a Saturn they don't at all
    Sorry monster time to blast u... U say if its not around they dont hold their value and = a throw away car. wrong WRONG!
    What about the buick grand national? Thats right the fast production car of the 80's and it came with a V6turbo. Is it still around... no? Did it have an impact... Hell yea. Is it a collectors item. YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT.
    Think i only have one example WRONG:
    Acura NSX, Toyota supra, Mazda RX7, lotus Esprit (yes this is the last year it will be sold).
    Mustang was the first cheap sports car... and it has many packages. Thats why its still around. If it was only a sports car you better believe that Crap 265hp V8 would have killed the mustang. Mom's in there accord V6 have as much power . Ford is stuck in the past with there motor designs.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    monster, theres no way a corvette is gonna turn more heads then a viper, just for the fact that corvettes are way too common, (also corvette is GM). and mustangs, this is somewhat unrelated to the topic but for some reason just about everybody i know that has a mustang are arrogant assholes and confused thinking they have a ferrari or some **** which i cannot stand. that being said i would have to say the best company is GM..... there line of cars is always been on top of the industry IMO

TheGame826 is offline Member
    I agree with monster as well.

For the record I have years of car knowledge. I just wanted to comment on a few things brought up. For one a supercharger is belt driven. This means that when the crankshaft is turning then the supercharger is turning. It is not like a turbocharger where enough pressure has to build up to spin the turbine. So to say that not all superchargers are the same is a misconception because all superchargers work exactly the same. The only difference between them is the brand and the size and weight of its pulleys.

Second, I love Ford, I love Chevy, and I love Dodge. Id take a corvette over a viper any day. Id take a 03 cobra over a vette any day. And finally id take a Barracude with the hemi over an 03 cobra any day. Its simply depends on a persons car preference. So dont go around saying that Ford sucks and mustangs are rust buckets because it is simply an arrogant and immature statement. If those people who drive their vipers would actually put some miles on them im sure they would start to rust as well.

Oh and finally. The vipers V10 engine is truly remarkable. However the engine is commonly over estimated. For instance the v10 has a displacement of about 500 ci and is a duel fuel injected single over head cam engine. Which is cool dont get me wrong but lets look at ford's Cobra engine which is the same engine as the lightnings engine just with a different crank. The cobra engine is a 4.6 liter which is 281 ci and is fuel injected with duel over head cams. Now thats cool. The viper has 2 cams turning while the cobra has 4 that alone makes me like the cobra's engine more. Also look at the huge displacement difference between the two. The cobra engine makes a hell of alot more power per liter.

Sorry monster time to blast u... U say if its not around they dont hold their value and = a throw away car. wrong WRONG!
    What about the buick grand national? Thats right the fast production car of the 80's and it came with a V6turbo. Is it still around... no? Did it have an impact... Hell yea. Is it a collectors item. YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT.
    Think i only have one example WRONG:
    Acura NSX, Toyota supra, Mazda RX7, lotus Esprit (yes this is the last year it will be sold).
    Mustang was the first cheap sports car... and it has many packages. Thats why its still around. If it was only a sports car you better believe that Crap 265hp V8 would have killed the mustang. Mom's in there accord V6 have as much power . Ford is stuck in the past with there motor designs.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.... This guy again, juicyfruit.. What did you blast? I guess you misread my post.. I was refering to the cars listed after i said 'throw away cars' I tried to seperate the intrepid, LHS, and the other one...lol i can't even remember, these cars DO NOT hold their value, i'm not exactly sure how you mixed that up, oh well.. I'm also not sure why you are bringing up all sorts of different cars and comparing them.. The Grand National is a REGAL, special edition from 83-87 basicly, you're exactly right turbo 6, and if you forked over the big bucks you got the GNX.. The Regal is still in production, but now comes with an optional supercharged 6 banger.. Acura NSK, this isn't around anymore, it's just a mid-engine ride - I'm not too familar with jap crap.. Toyota Supra is a modded up Celica, nothing more nothing less, two turbos and a big wing.. Mazda RX7 is actually owned, and produced by Ford motor company, bet you didn't know that.. go look it up ford.com... That incorporates a 'rotary style engine'.. The engine concept is still in use, but they made several changes cosmetically and performance wise..

As far as moms accord, you can't compare a 4/2 door family car with a sports car (i'm sure after plenty of mods it will fall into the ball park).. For instance the escalade makes over 330hp does that mean, it will smoke a mustang too.. it makes alot of power, so its a sports car? You're reasoning is V E R Y shallow.. I am going to go out on a limb here and say you should choose a different hobby to play with, or start researching some of your ideas.. I wouldn't want you to waste your money in the least bit..

Finally, Ford switched V8 powertrain platforms in the early 90's there are no more pushrod engines available for at least mustangs, only 'modular motors'.. (this is a topic all itself, i'll let you have fun with it) By changing over, they actually are the furthest from their original engine designs..
    Last edited by monster.; 03-20-2004 at 06:37 PM.

monster, theres no way a corvette is gonna turn more heads then a viper, just for the fact that corvettes are way too common, (also corvette is GM). and mustangs, this is somewhat unrelated to the topic but for some reason just about everybody i know that has a mustang are arrogant assholes and confused thinking they have a ferrari or some **** which i cannot stand. that being said i would have to say the best company is GM..... there line of cars is always been on top of the industry IMO
    I agree in some points Khull.. The new Z06's are factory built race cars, with a warranty, and are in the 50,000 ballpark - basicly a viper KILLER.. Thats the idea i was comparing.. Vipers have a distinct look all their own, but to me are not impressive, appearance, and performance wise.. Mustangs are a dime a dozen, you as do i see them EVERYWHERE!!! Even Roushes, and Saleens are played out quite a bit, but they do not fall short of performance at all..

When performance mattered back in the 60's and 70's you know who was owning everyone in Detroit was MOPAR (Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth) I always hear stories, you could be 20 years old, and buy a de-tuned 600hp 70' HEMI Cuda off the car lot brand new for under 10 grand.. Now a days, there are many laws and people that have to be made happy, and performance runs short, but some still stay ahead of the game...
    Last edited by monster.; 03-20-2004 at 03:41 PM.

lol monster sorry i dont feel like writing a book to explain everything to u hence i skip detail. Just trying to give you the jist so maybe you could put it together. But i see i have to spoon feed it to you.
    First the supra is not a "modded up Celica"... last time i checked they didnt sell turbo 6cyc celcia's. As the 'rotary style engine' AKA wankle motor... umm thats no secret ford produced it lol. And yes its still around in the new RX8. But just beause its a wankle motor doesnt mean its the same lol.

Next you say you cant compare a accord to a mustang, but then you bring up an escalade truck. Well ummm trucks are geared to pull not race. A big rig has more power then you will ever see yet a geo is faster. so that statement was just retarded

Umm as far as ford motors... the current lighting is a Triton V8 single overhead camshafts, and two valves per cyc. Yea that head is old school. Its not pushrods... but its still in the past.
    I think you should stick to BSing it with the boys in front of Discount Auto stores talking about how you have 350hp to the wheels on your mustang with flow masters
    Last edited by juicehoe; 03-20-2004 at 07:13 PM.

lol monster sorry i dont feel like writing a book to explain everything to u hence i skip detail. Just trying to give you the jist so maybe you could put it together. But i see i have to spoon feed it to you.
    First the supra is not a "modded up Celica"... last time i checked they didnt sell turbo 6cyc celcia's. As the 'rotary style engine' AKA wankle motor... umm thats no secret ford produced it lol. And yes its still around in the new RX8. But just beause its a wankle motor doesnt mean its the same lol.
    The only thing you could possibly write is a fairy tale to me.. The 'jist' haha, is for amateurs sweety, this is a poor excuse cause you have nothing left to say.. The Supra is a based on the Celica platform, and has been since 79'..

The origin of the Celica began in 1970, when it first premiered in the Japanese auto market. The days of spartan Japanese design were over. Sporty driving excitement had arrived. By 1979 the Celica Supra was introduced and the world would never be the same. Supra means "to surpass" or "go beyond," and boy, did it ever..

Need i say anything other then... bring your brain, next time..

Next you say you cant compare a accord to a mustang, but then you bring up an escalade truck. Well ummm trucks are geared to pull not race. A big rig has more power then you will ever see yet a geo is faster. so that statement was just retarded..
    I was actually pointing out your own judgement, and making a sarcastic remark by mentioning the Escalade, all you did here was repeat yourself again to me..LOLLLLLLLL

Umm as far as ford motors... the current lighting is a Triton V8 single overhead camshafts, and two valves per cyc. Yea that head is old school. Its not pushrods... but its still in the past
    I think you should stick to BSing it with the boys in front of Discount Auto stores talking about how you have 350hp to the wheels on your mustang with flow masters
    I don't even want to imagine an explanation about, 'its not pushrods, but it's still in the past' this statement makes me chuckle.. I don't BS period, and I take your replys as joke, I never hung out at a parts store, If you want you can find me in Dowtown Detroit on French Rd. drag racing though.. Feel free to bring your nuts, your check book and the title to your 'supercharged VR6'.. Then we can talk..

As the 'rotary style engine' AKA wankle motor... umm thats no secret ford produced it lol. And yes its still around in the new RX8. But just beause its a wankle motor doesnt mean its the same lol.
    I feel like i should give you the insight on this, since i left this out.. I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but a 'wankle' motor, is a 'wankle' motor any way you look at it.. (i'll use your vocab so you can understand) The concept is identical, no pistons one firing chamber, rotating internals..

But the concept is the same

I guess monster has never had a chance to drive a "never keep their value"
    car like the intrepid. Well i have driven a 99 intrepid at speeds of 220kmh i
    think thats pretty **** sporty plus its a nice looking car. you spend so much time bragging about how much you know and how little we all know its a wonder you have a chance to drive at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information