Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MilitiaGuy is offline Banned

Shaikh Yasin:a martyr

My meeting with Shaikh Yasin
    By Faisal Bodi

Monday 22 March 2004, 15:33 Makka Time, 12:33 GMT
    I had the professional privilege of meeting Shaikh Ahmad Yasin in October 2000, just weeks after the outbreak of the al-Aqsa Intifada.

To his enemies he was the epitome of evil, but the man I met was the embodiment of one of the most unequal struggles of our times.

Sitting hunched in a wheelchair in his breezeblock Gaza home, the frail shaikh symbolised the Palestinians' apparently hopeless resistance against the Middle East's military superpower, Israel.

Enfeebled by flu and straining to speak, the Hamas leader explained the second Palestinian uprising as a reaction to the failure of the Oslo peace accords in 1993 to change conditions in the Palestinian territories.

However, the trigger for the popular uprising, according to Yasin, was now Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's intrusion into Al-Aqsa, one of Islam's three holy mosques, and the killings of Palestinians in protests that followed.

Since those early days, the Hamas leader remained the inspiration behind the Intifada, refusing to accept what others felt was a road to collective suicide. Fighting from a much weaker position, the Palestinians must be prepared to accept much greater losses.

Tough choices

"The Palestinian people have two choices; either they surrender or they continue to resist", he told me.

In our interview, Yasin also strove to reverse popular Western misconceptions of the conflict by addressing its root causes.Yasin opposed Oslo since it did not include the right of return

"They [the West] consider the stand of the Palestinian people, who defend themselves with stones and all other means, to be unjustified violence against the Israelis," he said.

"This is an awful misunderstanding of the conflict. The West demands from us that we stop the resistance. Instead of asking the occupiers to leave our land, they ask us to surrender to the occupier."

Yasin opposed Oslo because it did not restore the right of return to the Palestinian diaspora nor guarantee Palestinians exclusive sovereignty over Al-Aqsa.

He saw it as an "oppressive settlement" that had been imposed on the Palestinians and saw its break-up and the return to arms by Fatah, the main arm of the Palestinian Liberation Organisation, as a vindication of his view.

No real peace

"The peace that reinforces occupation and settlement and the exiling of the Palestinian people, that is not really peace," he said.

The West demands from us that we stop the resistance. Instead of asking the occupiers to leave our land, they ask us to surrender to the occupier"

But this did not mean he rejected peace outright with his avowed enemy. That was possible so long as the Palestinians did not sign away their rights in perpetuity. Temporary truces could be negotiated with the Israeli leadership and could form the basis of bigger settlements in the future.

Nor did he rule out mutual coexistence between Jews and Palestinians in a future Islamic state, with full rights accorded to everyone as equal citizens.

When I bluntly asked him why his group failed to distinguish between civilians and combatants in resistance operations, Yasin remained unfazed by the implied criticism.

Israel's grey area Israel's militaristic society, he said, had blurred the line between civilians and soldiers.

"The peace that reinforces occupation and settlement and the exiling of the Palestinian people, that is not really peace"

"All the Israeli people are combatants in the field of battle," he said.

"Those who do not wear a military uniform, male or female, have all been trained for battle. They are soldiers on call who will be called up when the time comes", he said, referring to Israel's strict conscription policy.

Hamas did not target civilians, he insisted, except in direct retaliation for Israeli killings of Palestinian civilians, a tactic "necessary to show the Israelis they could not get away without a price for killing our people".

Our brief session ended with a call on Muslims worldwide to continue to help the Palestinians. Firm in his conviction that Israelis could not deliver a just peace he asked Muslims worldwide to "awaken inside themselves the intention for jihad and prepare for it in order to liberate al-Aqsa and Jerusalem when the time comes."

His death has deprived him of witnessing that pleasure, but his legacy of unflinching resistance will inspire thousands in years to come.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shaikh Yasin:a martyr-971d1f5ad200491581e38321c0b3574a.jpg   Shaikh Yasin:a martyr-fdf.jpg  
    Last edited by MilitiaGuy; 03-22-2004 at 01:54 PM.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    He's worm food now!

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Boss Hustla
    He's worm food now!
    Yep....good riddance...the guy wouldn't even consider the option of peace talks....what a leader...

Da Bull is offline Banned
    -----------dont want to see personal attacks-------------

but feel free to spit on Yassin all you want - CYC

jon rock is offline Associate Member
    I dont know anything about him or his cause. But, i am glad he is dead anyway
    sounds like another crackpot zealot who thinks its smart to blow people up.
    There will be a special place in hell for his stinky arse

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    I think im going to throw up! It makes me sick how u make this terrorist out to be a saint. Im not going to even waste my breath here. I just hope the MODs delete this post. Praising terrorist should NOT be aloud here!!!!!

OG

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    How do you say in Arabic;

"I don't give a flying fcuk"

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER

I think quoted in english, that is an international saying.

I for one diffenetly don't give one.

I think its something like.....أنا دونت يعطي طيرانًا تبًّا

OG

I retouched your bro's pic for you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shaikh Yasin:a martyr-jerkoff.jpeg.jpg  

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    You forgot the double sided dong hanging out his ass and into his mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by jon rock

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!! OMG thats just great!

OG

Totenkopf is offline Associate Member
    the IDF did him a favor that part of the world is the biggest Sh!t hole ever.
    This just sores up that what goes around comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by jon rock
    HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA............that's great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    M'Guy,
    Kul kalb biji yomo.
    Nasralla next, Inshalla.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    M'Guy,
    Kul kalb biji yomo.
    Nasralla next, Inshalla.
    you said kol kulb but kulb is reserved for sharon this is like giving a value to a constant variable(fatal error)

Quote Originally Posted by MilitiaGuy
    you said kol kulb but kulb is reserved for sharon this is like giving a value to a constant variable(fatal error)

hey how bout mine M'guy? .....أنا دونت يعطي طيرانًا تبًّا did i spell it right?

OG

Totenkopf is offline Associate Member
    Im glad i got the chance to pull the trigger on many Fedayeen. Was at the syrian Border dropped the hammer a few times on idiots trying to run road blocks we set up.
    Goin to Afghan next Jan. Lookin forward to blasting some of those idiots as well.
    Sooner or later the Isrealis are gonna take the gloves off (The united States is the only one holding them in check) When they do its gonna be a site to see. The fools in lebenon should be kissing our A$$es for makin the Isrealis show so much restraint.

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion

You might have a point there. Kalb might be too nice of a word for Yassin.
    Still, Nasralla next. Inshalla.

And while we're on the subject (sort of), here's a nasty joke.

An Israeli "Zaka" volunteer (zaka are the guys who come to bombing scenes to collect the body parts and pieces of flesh in order to bring them to proper burial). Anyway, back to the joke. An Israeli Zaka volunteer and a Palestinian suicide bomber are both outside the gates of heaven. The bomber runs towards the gates, and the volunteer walks. As the bomber runs passed the volunteer, the volunteer asks him "what's the rush?" The bomber says "I have to hurry up!! 72 virgins are waiting for me in heaven!!". The volunteer shows the bomber the bag he's holding and says "But your d*ck is in my bag"

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Good touch up on the pic! Wasnt that old bearded bastard in Lord fo the Rings? or was he one of he midgets from snow white? I know I have seen that gimp somewhere before!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma
    Good touch up on the pic! Wasnt that old bearded bastard in Lord fo the Rings? or was he one of he midgets from snow white? I know I have seen that gimp somewhere before!

hahaha...ohboy did i get a good laugh out of that one. But ya ur right. He does look like Zaron (sp) the white wizard from Lord of the Rings.

OG

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Hell is a little more crowded today.

M PWR is offline Junior Member
    This is a personal attack and not allowed....Rickson

List of people to drop bombs on:

* Shaikh Yasin
    * Osama bin Laden
    * release Sadam Hussein (just to drop a bomb on him)
    * Abu bakar Bashir
    * .................................................. ........all the rest.

-Sean

Quote Originally Posted by BamaSlamma

Blahhhhhhaaaaaa!!!!!!

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    he was a terrorist, just like yasir arafat

palme is offline Rosie Member

I was thinking the same thing!

Calling that piece of sh!t a martyr, everytime a muslim dies he becomes a martyr, whats up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    -----------dont want to see personal attacks-------------

but feel free to spit on Yassin all you want - CYC
    I apologize CYC...this terrorist propaganda get me on edge at times.I'll refrain from any further comments on the topic.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    When I was in the middle east this past summer it was very interesting to see how the Isreali army and the Syrian/Lebanese armies were standing maybe 2 miles apart with their tanks and other weapons facing each other. It was weird to me but to the people living there it was normal. Also, regarding that Hamas leader...they are plain out terrorist. You really cant make a good arguement against that. No way should he be praised because he just caused more harm than good.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    My meeting with Shaikh Yasin
    By Faisal Bodi

Monday 22 March 2004, 15:33 Makka Time, 12:33 GMT
    I had the professional privilege of meeting Shaikh Ahmad Yasin in October 2000, just weeks after the outbreak of the al-Aqsa Intifada.

To his enemies he was the epitome of evil, but the man I met was the embodiment of one of the most unequal struggles of our times.

Sitting hunched in a wheelchair in his breezeblock Gaza home, the frail shaikh symbolised the Palestinians' apparently hopeless resistance against the Middle East's military superpower, Israel.

Enfeebled by flu and straining to speak, the Hamas leader explained the second Palestinian uprising as a reaction to the failure of the Oslo peace accords in 1993 to change conditions in the Palestinian territories.

However, the trigger for the popular uprising, according to Yasin, was now Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's intrusion into Al-Aqsa, one of Islam's three holy mosques, and the killings of Palestinians in protests that followed.

Since those early days, the Hamas leader remained the inspiration behind the Intifada, refusing to accept what others felt was a road to collective suicide. Fighting from a much weaker position, the Palestinians must be prepared to accept much greater losses.

Tough choices

"The Palestinian people have two choices; either they surrender or they continue to resist", he told me.

In our interview, Yasin also strove to reverse popular Western misconceptions of the conflict by addressing its root causes.Yasin opposed Oslo since it did not include the right of return

"They [the West] consider the stand of the Palestinian people, who defend themselves with stones and all other means, to be unjustified violence against the Israelis," he said.

"This is an awful misunderstanding of the conflict. The West demands from us that we stop the resistance. Instead of asking the occupiers to leave our land, they ask us to surrender to the occupier."

Yasin opposed Oslo because it did not restore the right of return to the Palestinian diaspora nor guarantee Palestinians exclusive sovereignty over Al-Aqsa.

He saw it as an "oppressive settlement" that had been imposed on the Palestinians and saw its break-up and the return to arms by Fatah, the main arm of the Palestinian Liberation Organisation, as a vindication of his view.

No real peace

"The peace that reinforces occupation and settlement and the exiling of the Palestinian people, that is not really peace," he said.

The West demands from us that we stop the resistance. Instead of asking the occupiers to leave our land, they ask us to surrender to the occupier"

But this did not mean he rejected peace outright with his avowed enemy. That was possible so long as the Palestinians did not sign away their rights in perpetuity. Temporary truces could be negotiated with the Israeli leadership and could form the basis of bigger settlements in the future.

Nor did he rule out mutual coexistence between Jews and Palestinians in a future Islamic state, with full rights accorded to everyone as equal citizens.

When I bluntly asked him why his group failed to distinguish between civilians and combatants in resistance operations, Yasin remained unfazed by the implied criticism.

Israel's grey area Israel's militaristic society, he said, had blurred the line between civilians and soldiers.

"The peace that reinforces occupation and settlement and the exiling of the Palestinian people, that is not really peace"

"All the Israeli people are combatants in the field of battle," he said.

"Those who do not wear a military uniform, male or female, have all been trained for battle. They are soldiers on call who will be called up when the time comes", he said, referring to Israel's strict conscription policy.

Hamas did not target civilians, he insisted, except in direct retaliation for Israeli killings of Palestinian civilians, a tactic "necessary to show the Israelis they could not get away without a price for killing our people".

Our brief session ended with a call on Muslims worldwide to continue to help the Palestinians. Firm in his conviction that Israelis could not deliver a just peace he asked Muslims worldwide to "awaken inside themselves the intention for jihad and prepare for it in order to liberate al-Aqsa and Jerusalem when the time comes."

His death has deprived him of witnessing that pleasure, but his legacy of unflinching resistance will inspire thousands in years to come.

Good, rot in hell you piece of crap terrorist. I hope the bulldoze his families house too! BTW love it when the Isralies do that. I think its great! If your gonna blow yourself up, thats fine, but were gonna bulldoze your families house! Thats so great!

Quote Originally Posted by Ammar
    When I was in the middle east this past summer it was very interesting to see how the Isreali army and the Syrian/Lebanese armies were standing maybe 2 miles apart with their tanks and other weapons facing each other. It was weird to me but to the people living there it was normal. Also, regarding that Hamas leader...they are plain out terrorist. You really cant make a good arguement against that. No way should he be praised because he just caused more harm than good.
    i wonder how u didnt saw isreali rangers snipering a little kid it happen every day

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    ok, through defending this guy, my apologies, this is too far.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    now I have no love for any terrorist, but the sad fact is that yassin was considered a moderating force within hamas by not being totally opposed to peace with israel (only under the right circumstances). for instance, according to reports he believed that if israel completely withdrew from gaza (along with settlements) as sharon had been leaning towards then they should stop firing missles and mortars from gaza into israel.

however, the guy they replaced him with believes that hamas shouldnt stop until all of israel is destroyed. is one terrorist better than another... in this case I think so, they should have stayed with teh evil they knew, but now they have one that is greater! just my 2 cents is all

I think they should just shoot a few of their nukes over there, and level Palastine. That would put an end to the suicide bombers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    I think they should just shoot a few of their nukes over there, and level Palastine. That would put an end to the suicide bombers.
    Thats really using your head...

What the f*ck would happen to Israel if you nuked Palestina doofys?

El Diablo is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by palme

doh! he got cha there

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member

geography???

El Diablo is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    geography???

Coordinates.....BOOM!

Tatical nukes

Quote Originally Posted by Jdawg50
    Tatical nukes
    Give it a rest bro......please

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Becareful..the one of the mods will invesitgate you for war crimes!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information