Thread: ulcer?

rexkishi is offline New Member

ulcer?

has anybody ever had an ulcer? how do you know when you get one? there is something wrong with my stomach but it is nothing like i have ever had before so i thought it might be an ulcer.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Too many variables to tell . . .

I hate to give you the obvious answer, bro, but your best bet is to have it checked out by a doctor.

There are many conditions that can mimic an ulcer [such as gastritis and gastroesophageal reflex (which used to be called a hiatal hernia)], not to many mention types of peptic ulcers (the most common of which is duodenal). That doesn't even begin to get into causes, which can be anything from physiological in orientation to diet or stress. A doctor's visit can determine whether you need any diagnostic testing (such as lab work or endoscopy), and a run-down of your specific symptoms can tell your doctor what the best course of treatment would be.

It's not that we don't want to answer the question, but simply that there are way too many possible answers. An in-person visit to the doc will do you more good than anything on which we can speculate.

Thread Information