Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member

how do you make a child eat better?

ok i have a 7 year old sister, she'll be 8 in april. she weighs 41 lbs and has lupus. my dad and step mom have the worst eating habits and my sister barely eats at all. tonight for dinner she had 2 wendy's chicken nuggets and a few fries and dairy queen. thats just a example but its pretty much her daily routine. she is soo thin it makes me sick to my stomach, but i dont know how to get her to eat better. on top of all of it my step mom is a fat f-ck who thinks you dont need to eat vegatables because she didnt eat when she was young and doesnt still now. i dont know what im gonna do but i cant take it anymore. i wanna see my sister get healthy and its not gonna happen with the way she eats. any input you guys can give me will be a great help

mfenske is offline Member
    Well as a seven year old I assume that she doesn't do most of the grocery shopping. If healthy foods are purchased healthy foods will be eaten. Simple. Mark

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    Children learn through observation and immitation. So, set an example for her, because she probably looks up to you, and hope that she learns.

Grilling your step-mom and father on its importance would also help IMO.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree with these guys....... Your parents need to change their eatting habits and then your sister will have to follow.

Have you talked to your parents and tell them your concerns with your sister and being under weight?

El Diablo is offline Banned
    Bro these are your parents....But if this continues and your sister gets worse....youll need to call child services...dont let your parents jeapordize your siblings health.

yes ive talked to my dad and step mom, they are a bunch of freaking idiots, i have a achoholic dad, and a stupid step mom that thinks she knows everything. i try to set a example but its kinda hard when the kitchen is filled with sh-t and the only thing healthy is the stuff i buy or make for myself. i try to make my sister eat good food but she just says no, cause she knows that no one is gonna back me up. i hate this house i need to get out. she is my sister but ive tried all i can, im tired of doing it and no one listening. i figure if im out of my house if something happens to my sister its not on my head its on theres

and when i say something about her weight, they say she is petite (sp?) but 7 years old, almost 8 and 41 lbs? thats not petite its malnurished

Thread Information