UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member

Arrow Anyone here work in the Medical Field?

I finished my General Ed requirements last semester and am considering an occupation in the medical feild, probably either as a male nurse or a physical therapist, but if I like the pre-med classes I am signed up for I may go all the way through with Medical school and be a surgen or a Pediatrition(sp?). Anyone on this forum work in the medical feild? Any thoughts?

Sorken is offline Member
    Doc M knows some medical

cb25 is offline Banned
    Doc M is (obviously) a doc - i'd pm him if you have questions about med school...

i'm currently in dental school...so i've been through the pre-med requirements, etc...

physical therapist would be cool - was one of the things i considered. i always thought sports medicine would be really interesting to get into, but apparently there's very few good jobs available - most people recommended just going through med school instead...

DoctaBig is offline Member
    pharm school right now...1 year left, then possibly med school after a short sebatical......

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    i was on my way into medicine and then at the last minute i decided against it, now im working on my PhD in pharmacology. i still have to take most of the classes the med students take and personally i think it sucks. too much time, too much stress, too much politic, too many egos, etc. but if you are driven, want the main focus of your life to be your job, and you like to stick your ego out for everyone to see medicine is perfect.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    i was on my way into medicine and then at the last minute i decided against it, now im working on my PhD in pharmacology. i still have to take most of the classes the med students take and personally i think it sucks. too much time, too much stress, too much politic, too many egos, etc. but if you are driven, want the main focus of your life to be your job, and you like to stick your ego out for everyone to see medicine is perfect.
    there are other possibilities in the healthcare field that don't entail what you talked about - this was one of the major reasons i chose dentistry over medicine...

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    there are other possibilities in the healthcare field that don't entail what you talked about - this was one of the major reasons i chose dentistry over medicine...

i know, im really just in the mood to talk ****. im sitting here studying for a pharmacology exam, and it is ****ing ridiculous. it is seriously overwhelming to try and memorize this much information. im only 1/3 of the way through the information and i already have over 100 flash cards.

there are some very good careers in the medical field. some require degrees that only take a couple of years and pay pretty well. i think being a nurse would be a thankless job with ridiculous hours, but a lot of the imaging stuff (x-ray tech etc) would be pretty cool.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sin
    i know, im really just in the mood to talk ****. im sitting here studying for a pharmacology exam, and it is ****ing ridiculous. it is seriously overwhelming to try and memorize this much information. im only 1/3 of the way through the information and i already have over 100 flash cards.

there are some very good careers in the medical field. some require degrees that only take a couple of years and pay pretty well. i think being a nurse would be a thankless job with ridiculous hours, but a lot of the imaging stuff (x-ray tech etc) would be pretty cool.
    agreed...and i gotta say - i've heard pharm is a b-i-itch...

i have a couple friends in med school right now, and their pharm classes look tough as hell - and i'm sure they're nothing compared to what you're doing!

i'll be taking dental pharm I next year - should be interesting...

DoctaBig is offline Member
    P-Col Ph.d lol that sux man. I know how you feel though, i've taken many of p-col and med chem classes. its amazing how much they want you to know...good luck w/ your test

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by jurichar
    P-Col Ph.d lol that sux man. I know how you feel though, i've taken many of p-col and med chem classes. its amazing how much they want you to know...good luck w/ your test
    thanks, i still have a week to memorize. i know its not enough time, but hopefully i can still get a B. im glad there are some around that know my pain.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I am a POS medic.

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    I am a POS medic.
    at least being a medic would be interesting. hows the pay? around here it starts at about $10.00 an hour

Thread Information