Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

Did you know..... Part II.

Israel is the 100th smallest country in the world!.

Thanks to Dr. Sol Bloch from Sedona, Arizona for the following: "Israel: Diverse, Creative, and Free"

Israel, the 100th smallest country, with less than 1/1000th of the world's
    population, can lay claim to the following:

Israel has the highest ratio of university degrees to the population in the world.

Israel produces more scientific papers per capita than any other nation by
    a large margin - 109 per 10,000 people-as well as one of the highest per capita rates of patents filed.

In proportion to its population, Israel has the largest number of startup
    companies in the world. In absolute terms, Israel has the largest number of
    startup companies than any other country in the world, except the US (3,500
    companies mostly in hi-tech).

Israel is ranked #2 in the world for venture capital funds right behind the US.

Outside the United States and Canada, Israel has the largest number of
    NASDAQ listed companies.

Israel has the highest average living standards in the Middle East. The per
    capita income in 2000 was over $17,500, exceeding that of the UK.

With an aerial arsenal of over 250 F-16s, Israel has the largest fleet of
    the aircraft outside of the US.

Israel's $100 billion economy is larger than all of its immediate neighbors
    combined.

On a per capita basis, Israel has the largest number of biotech startups.

Twenty-four percent of Israel's workforce holds university degrees-
    ranking third in the industrialized world, after the United States and
    Holland - and 12 percent hold advanced degrees.

Israel is the only liberal democracy in the Middle East.

In 1984 and 1991, Israel airlifted a total of 22,000 Ethiopian Jews at risk in Ethiopia, to safety in Israel.

When Golda Meir was elected Prime Minister of Israel in 1969, she became
    the world's second elected female leader in modern times.

When the U. S. Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya was bombed in 1998, Israeli rescue
    teams were on the scene within a day-and saved three victims from the rubble.

Israel has the third highest rate of entrepreneurship-and the highest rate among women and among people over 55 - in the world.

Relative to its population, Israel is the largest immigrant-absorbing nation on earth. Immigrants come in search of democracy, religious freedom, and
    economic opportunity.

Israel was the first nation in the world to adopt the Kimberly process, an
    international standard that certifies diamonds as "conflict free."

According to industry officials, Israel designed the airline industry's most impenetrable flight security. U. S. officials now look to Israel for advice on how to handle airborne security threats.

In 1991, during the Gulf War, the Israel Philharmonic Orchestra played a
    concert wearing gas masks as scud missiles fired by Saddam Hussein fell on
    Tel Aviv.

Israel has the world's second highest per capita of new books.

Israel is the only country in the world that entered the 21st century with
    a net gain in its number of trees, made more remarkable because this was
    achieved in an area considered mainly desert.

Israel has more museums per capita than any other country.

Israel has two official languages: Hebrew and Arabic.

Medicine... Israeli scientists developed the first fully computerized, no-radiation, diagnostic instrumentation for breast cancer.

An Israeli company developed a computerized system for ensuring proper
    administration of medications, thus removing human error from medical
    treatment. Every year in U. S. hospitals 7,000 patients die from treatment
    mistakes.

Israel's Givun imaging developed the first ingestible video camera, so
    small it fits inside a pill. Used to view the small intestine from the inside,
    the camera helps doctors diagnose cancer and digestive disorders.

Researchers in Israel developed a new device that directly helps the heart
    pump blood, an innovation with the potential to save lives among those with
    heart failure. The new device is synchronized with the heart's mechanical
    operations through a sophisticated system of sensors.

Technology... With more than 3,000 high-tech companies and startups, Israel
    has the highest concentration of hi-tech companies in the world-apart
    from the Silicon Valley, US. In response to serious water shortages,
    Israeli engineers and agriculturalists developed a revolutionary drip
    irrigation system to minimize the amount of water used to grow crops.
    Israel has the highest percentage in the world of home computers per capita.

Israel leads the world in the number of scientists and technicians in the
    workforce, with 145 per 10,000, as opposed to 85 in the U. S., over 70 in
    Japan, and less than 60 in Germany. With over 25% of its work force
    employed in technical professions. Israel places first in this category as
    well.

The cell phone was developed in Israel by Motorola, which has its largest
    development center in Israel.

Most of the Windows NT operating system was developed by Microsoft-Israel.

The Pentium MMX Chip technology was designed in Israel at Intel.

Voice mail technology was developed in Israel.

Both Microsoft and Cisco built their only R&D facilities outside the US in Israel.

The technology for AOL Instant Messenger was developed in 1996 by four young Israelis.

A new acne treatment developed in Israel, the ClearLight device, produces a
    high-intensity, ultraviolet-light-free, narrow-band blue light that causes acne bacteria to self-destruct-all without damaging surroundings skin or tissue.

An Israeli company was the first to develop and install a large-scale solar-powered and fully functional electricity generating plant, in southern California's Mojave desert.

.......... All the above while engaged in regular wars with an implacable
    enemy that seeks its destruction, and an economy continuously under strain
    by having to spend more per capita on its own protection than any other
    country on earth. This from a country just 55 years young having started
    off life on a very frontiers-like basis, whose population had mostly just
    emerged from the devastating World War II years.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Interesting, I had never heard much about Israel from an economic standpoint before. I'm impressed.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Good post my brotha! Positive stuff is what i like to see, but im sure there will be people on here ( Cyc, bdtr, M'guy and Tock ) who will try and put a negative spin on all this.

OG

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Good post my brotha! Positive stuff is what i like to see, but im sure there will be people on here ( Cyc, bdtr, M'guy and Tock ) who will try and put a negative spin on all this.

OG
    I think you have Cycleon completely wrong OG. What he says is that while it suits America's interests to side with Israel he'll go along with Israel. Its a logical point he makes too. I don't think Israel will ever betray America either so he's backing a winner.

As for bdtr, he has strong views and you have to respect him for that too. Even if their not in common with our support of Israel.

M'guy, reading between the lines I have no doubt he's probably a nice guy, most Lebanese are. But he's alittle misguided like most I know there too. I see he wants to travel to America, I love it when I see Arabs burning the American flag one minute then take your arm off for an American dollar the next!. He hasn't at any stage personally attacked anyone in the 300+ threads and replies on the situation in the middle east unlike some on the board and you have to respect him for that too, he's taken alot of flak from us all, I just hope that when he does see America and compares with it the regime he presently lives under he'll change his ways. Again most Lebanese I've known who went to America came back different people, better people.

Tock!, well, Sometimes in life you just HAVE to nail your colours to the mast and I think in the present situation regarding the war on terror its a time for all good men to stand firmly behind their country and its friends. I truely believe its the bleeding hearted liberals who make it easy for Islamic terrorists to attack the free world. So far Tock you've sat firmly on the fence, taking neither side, pretty gutless IMO.

As for the usual muppets who'll row in with "Nuke the middle East" and other sh*t like that, their handy for bumping the threads along if nothing else.

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Nuke the Middle East and other **** like that.

El Diablo is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mart651
    Nuke the Middle East and other **** like that.
    I like the custom title...What's a post whore? And whos the biggest of all time?

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo
    I like the custom title...What's a post whore? And whos the biggest of all time?
    Not to jack Bouncers thread but its punishment for my mouthieness.

On a serious note, great post B. I realy did not know any of that.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    I'll bump this , as it is a good read

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    DID YOU KNOW. 99% of this board, DON'T GIVE A FCUK.
    Yeah, What he said.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    a few other neat facts...

many if not most of israel's companies are incorporated in delaware and new jersey (due to access to america and low costs), with many nothing more than a PO box.

israeli scientists have developed a procedure that has given the ability to walk back to a paraplegic girl (who had been so for over 5 years), by injecting her own macrophages into her spinal column.

israeli scientists have developed a new fat removal device that uses ultrasound to cause the fat cells to undergo apoptis.

that being said you stated, " I think you have Cycleon completely wrong OG. What he says is that while it suits America's interests to side with Israel he'll go along with Israel. Its a logical point he makes too. I don't think Israel will ever betray America either so he's backing a winner. "

well, I agree with Cyc on this.. I think Israel is not "friend" to the U.S., but merely an ally of convenience. however, to those who think that israel won't stick it to the u.s. what about the USS liberty, now you may think that was an accident, but what about the spy from the 80's, Pollard, who many say was the most damaging spy in U.S. history giving military secrets to china and others. or that FOX news has reported within the past few years that over 60 israeilis were detained in teh U.S. during the patriot act roundup, and many were active israeli military performing espionage like activities (albeit on arabs), which is illegal. OUr own government suspects they may have had 9/11 info that they didnt share so as not to give themselves away.

These are not the actions of friends.

El Diablo is offline Banned
    The man is on the thread....Bump for CYCLEON.

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    if it wasn't for the ?11th century? and the interest charged, none of this would be possible.
    money, money, money, money.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_E
    Yeah, What he said.
    Thread carefully myfriend the next time you think about qouting me out of context.

Thread carefully myfriend the next time you think about qouting me out of context.
    http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...71&postcount=6

I quoted you from the original "Did you know" thread. Those are your words correct??? Your words apply to this thread as well. 99% of this board does not care and it's just propaganda from the other side.

You, Tock, and your two terrorist cohorts are not 99% of this board. And Qouting something like that from another thread is taking me out of context.
    Anyway I'm tired of this crap now anyway.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    There is little doubt that Israel as a country kicks ass disproportionally to its size - Japan has been a similar wonder but of course that is because the US pretty much established every thing for them and they were not having to fight "the infidels" every few years - very impressive, its a fact. Mostly because they wisely work together against everyone else to make things happen for them - they will gladly screw a goyim every time - the arabs around them however, mostly fight each other to see who can be the most corrupt and keep their people down so that they can continue in power - thus they are mostly a pac of whiney losers.

Again, Israel is a country that has many, many reasons to be proud - but its not MY country - same as Canada or other places - and if you live here in the US, I would expect that AMERICA gets first allegiance, then the origin country, same as I would expect people from China, Saudi arabia, etc. And while I can appreciate the fact that jews stick together, I dont want the US to be the goyim getting screwed - and in the end, jews care about jews as far as I can ever tell from their policies and persons. Thats not to say they are different from others in that, since most take care of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin

OG
    I am not anti-Israel or anti-jewish - but I am PRO-AMERICAN If you cant tell the difference then you are part of the problem of people who live in the US but whose first allegience is to some other country - I dont care where it is China, France, whereever - and yes, Israel's gov has screwed our Gov before, spying on it, engaging in shady practices, etc - same as most other governments have - but dont act like just because its Israel, they have a halo on their head when they deal with the US - both are in it for self interest, and that is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    I am not anti-Israel or anti-jewish - but I am PRO-AMERICAN If you cant tell the difference then you are part of the problem of people who live in the US but whose first allegience is to some other country - I dont care where it is China, France, whereever - and yes, Israel's gov has screwed our Gov before, spying on it, engaging in shady practices, etc - same as most other governments have - but dont act like just because its Israel, they have a halo on their head when they deal with the US - both are in it for self interest, and that is fine.

Last i checked i was born in the US, my parents where born in the US, and my parents parents were born in the US. Ok, one of my grandfathers was born in Russia. So in ur words i should be supporting Russia actually not Israel. I will say, I am first and for moth an American, but im also a Jewish American.

Anyway, Cyc, and u dont think the US doesnt spy on Israel, or "engage in shady practices, etc" on every other country out there ally or not? Ur kidding urself if u dont. Let me let u in on a little secret. We dooooooooo! And the US has been accused of the very same things that Israel has im sure.

OG

Of course we spy on Israel - I would be rather pissed if we did not - why else do we spend money on intelligence? I am not saying that we are not in it for our interests, certainly! The US doesnt necessarily have a halo either but it is my interests that they are looking after - And therein is my point - America first, everyone else is second - and people need to quit being Jewish Americans, Black Americans, Greek Americans, etc and start being simply Americans - who of course like everyone else here immigrated at some time.

Of course we spy on Israel - I would be rather pissed if we did not - why else do we spend money on intelligence? I am not saying that we are not in it for our interests, certainly! The US doesnt necessarily have a halo either but it is my interests that they are looking after - And therein is my point - America first, everyone else is second - and people need to quit being Jewish Americans, Black Americans, Greek Americans, etc and start being simply Americans - who of course like everyone else here immigrated at some time.

OK Cyc im glad we can agree. Im sure if we ever had a chance to sit down and have a beer we'd see our thoughts are pretty much the same. The one thing i wish u would have said different is..... We are not all Americans, we are part of one race. The human race. Sounds corny i know. But thats the way i like to look at it.

OG

I am not anti-Israel or anti-jewish - but I am PRO-AMERICAN If you cant tell the difference then you are part of the problem of people who live in the US but whose first allegience is to some other country

Here! Here!

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    interesting post bouncer... are you from israel?

Superhuman is offline Banned
    that's amazing, I never knew that much about Israel. I've always respected the country, but now more than before.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    You, Tock, and your two terrorist cohorts are not 99% of this board. And Qouting something like that from another thread is taking me out of context.
    So Carlos and Tock are cohorts to a terrorist group because they don't agree with your views? You posted that quote in "Did You Know, Part I", what makes you think that anyone wants you to sling YOUR propoganda? You did the EXACT same thing as MilitaGuy. How hypocritical is that?

And now you get upset because someone called you on it?

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    thats it exactly... Ive said this very thing before... nice to know that I am not alone in the world. of course two key differences between us spying on israel and them on us is that we give them billions of dollars a year in aid (which we should use as leverage) and that when we spy on them we figure out whats going on...when they spy on us, they give it to china or the russians (ie our enemies). how would israel react if we started taking our intelligence and funneled it to hamas or hezbollah (sp) in return for not attacking americans.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    So Carlos and Tock are cohorts to a terrorist group because they don't agree with your views? You posted that quote in "Did You Know, Part I", what makes you think that anyone wants you to sling YOUR propoganda? You did the EXACT same thing as MilitaGuy. How hypocritical is that?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.. Read the ending of part 1 if you dont know what im talking about..

Superhuman is offline Banned

why don't u and elliot just shut the **** up, your defending them makes you just as bad

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    You can't be serious. Duhhhh, sorry boss, from now on I promise not to look at anything objectively or consider differeent viewpoints. Post like Superhuman's little STFU tirade are what make many threads on this board go into the ****ter IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Suprhuman
    why don't u and elliot just shut the **** up, your defending them makes you just as bad

Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman

dude grow a ****en spine and stop bandwagoning..

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    That reminds me....We had a joke when I was in the IDF - we used to say that whenever you have something private you want to talk about, do it over the high security phone, because only the Americans can listen to you then.

Bump...

Still waiting for a response.
    Last edited by Carlos_E; 03-24-2004 at 05:07 PM.

Well Carlos, Rak_Ani refuted all of everything M'guy posted in his 'Did you know' thread whereas NO ONE has refuted a thing said here. As for you posting my ''Did you know....99%........", you took that out of another thread, I didn't say it here so you took it out of context.

Well Carlos, Rak_Ani refuted all of everything M'guy posted in his 'Did you know' thread whereas NO ONE has refuted a thing said here. As for you posting my ''Did you know....99%........", you took that out of another thread, I didn't say it here so you took it out of context.
    Just because no one refuted what you have to say, doesn't mean it's not propaganda. It just means you have more supporters on the board than he does.

You went so far as to even name this thread "PART II", an obvious rebuttal to his propaganda. So how again, is this thread NOT propaganda?

Just because no one refuted what you have to say, doesn't mean it's not propaganda. It just means you have more supporters on the board than he does.

You went so far as to even name this thread "PART II", an obvious rebuttal to his propaganda. So how again, is this thread NOT propaganda?
    This thread is not propaganda because each and every one of these facts can be proven.
    Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    This thread is not propaganda because each and every one of these facts can be proven.
    Simple as that.
    Ok, let me re-phrase it. These are cold facts that do not attempt to convince you of anything but rather supply information about a country's achievements. If you can explain what exactly in these facts you find to be propaganda, I might be able to explain to you better why you're understanding of it as such is wrong.

Propaganda is merely anything that influences a person to a certain side. I'm not going to go into semantics and etymology, but we all know propaganda is influence through attention.

Propaganda is merely anything that influences a person to a certain side. I'm not going to go into semantics and etymology, but we all know propaganda is influence through attention.
    In that case almost everything in life is propaganda. So I guess the question here is whether (sp) this propaganda is harmful or not. Do you see the difference between the information posted by M'Guy and the information posted by Bouncer?

Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    In that case almost everything in life is propaganda. So I guess the question here is whether (sp) this propaganda is harmful or not. Do you see the difference between the information posted by M'Guy and the information posted by Bouncer?
    Again, who is this propaganda harmful TO? Each person who is posting is affecting influence towards their own side. It is the exact same thing. I'm not saying either is right, just that it's hypocritical to make remarks about the non-relevance of something, and then turning around and posting almost the exact same thing.

Again, who is this propaganda harmful TO? Each person who is posting is affecting influence towards their own side. It is the exact same thing. I'm not saying either is right, just that it's hypocritical to make remarks about the non-relevance of something, and then turning around and posting almost the exact same thing.

preach on brotha rambo preach on.. but can i please have my cat back..?

I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree with you on that. On November 4th, 1995 Rabin, who was at the time the Israeli prime minister was murdered by a right wing Jewish extremist who thought he had the legitimacy to murder Rabin after longs months of right wing propaganda against Rabin. Would you say this propaganda was the same as the campaign that has been running for a long time about the dangers in smoking? I don't think so. The first was based on inaccurate information (like M'Guy's post which was full of inaccuracies and lies), and the second consists of fact intended to supply you with information that will enable you to make a decision based on better knowledge of the facts. I don't think these are the same and I don't think you can say Bouncer's post was the same as M'Guy's post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information