LORDBLiTZ Guest

We have any Direct TV mod pro's here?

I'm trying to get my box up and running. I have a few questions

Thanks

151 is offline Associate Member
    What exactly do you need help with?

Are you trying to program your card? Or did you actually mod your receiver?

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    If i buy an emulator card, what do i need to get it going? This is the one i'm looking at.

http://www.modchipit.com/productPage.php?productID=2

I don't know much about the emulators. I've had a card programmer for about a year and a half now to keep my directv up and running. Never been without tv for more than an hour.

I just found this thread about emulators on a directv discussion board. Give it a read and see if it makes sense Some of the terminology may be a bit strange to you if this is your first time trying to hack directv.

http://www.satspies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15763

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Don't go with emulator if you can find an H card and a programmer. Way less hassle and you will never be without signal for more than 15-30 mins. You will need and application to program the card and a place to retrieve keys from. You want to get into the DirecTV thing understand you are getting into a new hobby.....it can end up taking up a decent amount of your time but its well worth it.

The HU card and a programmer is the way to go. I'm not too sure if I would invest a lot of money in it now, though, because it's just a matter of time until the HU stream is shut down. It might make it till next year, then again it could be gone in a couple of months.

Speaking of which. . .DirecTV hasn't been sending out much in the satellite stream to take out illegal cards in about 6 weeks or so. Might be the calm before the storm.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Don't go with emulator if you can find an H card and a programmer. Way less hassle and you will never be without signal for more than 15-30 mins. You will need and application to program the card and a place to retrieve keys from. You want to get into the DirecTV thing understand you are getting into a new hobby.....it can end up taking up a decent amount of your time but its well worth it.

So how should i go about this? Where do you get the software to program the cards?

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Just an FYi, be carefull when u order stuff from online. I did years back and the company i got my stuff from got busted. I got a nasty letter from Directv telling me their going to sue me. They wanted me to settle for $5000. I told them to stick up their arses. I had to get a lawyer and it cost me $2000. but i beat it.. Be carefull!!

OG

The software is freeware. Just do a search on yahoo and you should be able to come up with a lot of matches. That forum I posted earlier should have all the software available for download, too.

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Just an FYi, be carefull when u order stuff from online. I did years back and the company i got my stuff from got busted. I got a nasty letter from Directv telling me their going to sue me. They wanted me to settle for $5000. I told them to stick up their arses. I had to get a lawyer and it cost me $2000. but i beat it.. Be carefull!!
    OG
    That is something to be worried about. . . I bought mine about 18 months ago and haven't gotten a nasty letter, yet. Hopefully the company I got mine from didn't keep extensive customer records.

But it looks like LORDBLiTZ is in Canada, perhaps the laws about owning a smart card reader are different up there.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 151
    That is something to be worried about. . . I bought mine about 18 months ago and haven't gotten a nasty letter, yet. Hopefully the company I got mine from didn't keep extensive customer records.

But it looks like LORDBLiTZ is in Canada, perhaps the laws about owning a smart card reader are different up there.
    Br carefull bro. My lawyer specialized in directv law suits and said they are going after everyone. No questions asked.

I do believe the laws are different in Canada regarding the programmers. They are not as strict as the US is. I also know its illegal to sell a US dish in Canada and vise'a versa. Last time i was in Canada i tried to buy a bunch of HU cards for the US and they wouldnt/couldnt sell them. The guy said he could lose his licence and he wouldnt risk it. I dont blame him.

OG

Br carefull bro. My lawyer specialized in directv law suits and said they are going after everyone. No questions asked.
    I can't do anything about it now. Just sit and wait and see if any certified letters show up at my door.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    You can't buy DTV products or service in canada.

Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    You can't buy DTV products or service in canada.
    Hmmmmm, many people used to and I'm assuming they still do, especially in Ontario and Quebec close to the NY or VT border. Basically if you are in the footprint and willing to get an American PO box then you can set up a real DirecTV account.....but who wants that.......the hack is 1000x better.

No worries about ordering any equipment online there are many excellent sites, most Canadian ones are based in PQ. Much of my info is outdated but the best thing you can do is start out surfing a discussion board: http://www.sattech.ca/index.php
    These guys will have you up to speed and up and running in no time. The hardware ( the interface, cables and card ) is relatively inexpensive and the software is free ( someone will send it to you or point you to a download site ). The keys however, can cost you a little money but it's worth every cent. Basically if you pay for keys your downtime will be way less because when they switch up keys your 'key guy' will distribute one asap rather than having to wait for a public site to post one up.

And don't sweat putting up a DirecTV dish and decoding ......just DON'T rip off Bell Expressvue or Starchoice!! The authorities don't really care if you steal yankee tv but you better not be screwing Canadian service providers.

All of this is to my understanding of the situation....but for up to the minute info check out the board I posted above. These guys are up to speed and know the latest news, legal and technical changes. Happy travels and welcome to 1100 chanels and always something good on.....

The laws are different in Canada regarding 'stealing' ie decoding American signals. Its been in and out of court for years but its about as illegal here as jaywalking so long as you are an end user and not a distributor.

I do believe the laws are different in Canada regarding the programmers. They are not as strict as the US is. I also know its illegal to sell a US dish in Canada and vise'a versa. Last time i was in Canada i tried to buy a bunch of HU cards for the US and they wouldnt/couldnt sell them. The guy said he could lose his licence and he wouldnt risk it. I dont blame him.

OG

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Thanks guys! I guess i have a lot of reading to do huh chica?

Definitely, but it's like coming here......you are joining a underground community.

Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    Thanks guys! I guess i have a lot of reading to do huh chica?

Thread Information