usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

Anyone else having a hard time finding a career job?

I have been on numerous interviews in the past several months and haven't had an ounce of luck yet. The typical response is my qualifications don't fit what they're looking for. Is it me? Or is the current job market taking a toll on a lot of people?

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Nope it blows, it's hit or miss.. I accepted an offer back in November, and they ended up closing the entire facility, and laying off the whole entire team.. I just accepted an offer for a position, requires travel though.. We'll see what happens.. No its not you, the job market blows..

mass junkie is offline banned
    Hell I wouldnt hire you dam n drug abusers either

Danielle is offline Female Member
    nope...........its not you........my friend has a master's degree and still cant find a job......my Uncle was a Vice President of J.P. Morgan last year........making almost half a mill. and he cant even find a job now.................i thought this was the Land of Oppotunity?!?!...........something has got to change
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    better get your burger flippin technique down packed.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    It depends what type of business you're in. The IT market has been in a lull the past few years but lately things are looking up. Salaries are increasing and I see more and more job openings.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Exactly... It really depends on what you do. Accounting jobs are very easy to find... finding the right company is hard. Finding a job in IT is tough...

What line of work are you in...

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    Yep the economy sucks right now, Nobody wants a guy with a biotech degree. Oh well at least i can make my own umm uhh supplements hehe..

Long&Strong is offline Associate Member
    Sorry, but it's my decision who gets hired and who gets fired where I work. It is however a very volitile market right now, and very hard to find an employer to expand their positions now. I say just keep trucking and good luck. By the way, what field are you looking in???

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Thus why im going into the most secure field of work in the next 6 years..

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    [QUOTE=arthurb999
    What line of work are you in...
    [/QUOTE]

I'm finishing up a degree in economics but hope to pursue a career in sales. My grades are okay, nothing to write home about but I do have over 5 years of sales experience working as a manager for a telecommunications company. So hopefully that will work to my advantage. Unfortunally right now many of the big name financial brokers and and such are only considering those with 3.7 GPA's and higher. Maybe my standards are too high

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    I'm finishing up a degree in economics but hope to pursue a career in sales. My grades are okay, nothing to write home about but I do have over 5 years of sales experience working as a manager for a telecommunications company. So hopefully that will work to my advantage. Unfortunally right now many of the big name financial brokers and and such are only considering those with 3.7 GPA's and higher. Maybe my standards are too high
    Just from my experience, grades weren't the thing denying me the position, it was actually work experience.. Believe it or not, work experience is in some cases more important to some employers then grades.. By all means, crank hard in school GRADES ARE VERY IMPORTANT.. When you apply for these jobs, the ultimately look if you ever did anything like what you applying for.. You may have 5+ years experience as a manager, but the job specifics have little to do with what you have the experience in.. In the end, the companies would have to take extra time to train you, time is money, and would rather just hire some other dude with experience in that position.. I'm not saying that is happening to you, but it has happened to me before in the past.. Don't be surprised.. Sales jobs VERY competitive careers.. Lots of BS involved.. Keep your head up, and something will come around..

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I've been applying for summer internships, maybe 20 of em so far, and still have not gotten anything back, most were out of state too. I only know of a few more places to apply so I'm starting to get a lil scared.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm finishing up a degree in economics but hope to pursue a career in sales. My grades are okay, nothing to write home about but I do have over 5 years of sales experience working as a manager for a telecommunications company. So hopefully that will work to my advantage
    Plenty of sales jobs out there... pharmicutical sales, mortgages, etc... all good money.

Thread Information