ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member

Question I need help getting ideas for my speech

I need some help, i have to give a speech monday on "Americans should have the right too order prescription drugs from Canada" so i have to go against it, so americans should have the right to buy drugs, i can't figure out why thigs i should use to argue against it? and help would be great thanks guys

cb25 is offline Banned
    If i read that right, you are arguing that we should NOT be able to buy prescription drugs from Canada, right?

A few ideas...

1) Easier access to drugs w/o a prescription could lead to abuse.
    2) Takes money away from American companies.
    3) Less regulation (things that may not have FDA approval can still be brought in?)

That's all i can think of for now...it's a start at least...

though i think it's fun to argue a point you don't agree with...

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    If i read that right, you are arguing that we should NOT be able to buy prescription drugs from Canada, right?

A few ideas...

3) Less regulation (things that may not have FDA approval can still be brought in?)

That's all i can think of for now...it's a start at least...

though i think it's fun to argue a point you don't agree with...
    thanks for the help man thats what i thought of too your first idea is what i think i am actually going to pursue, but your right it sucks i order drugs from canada, thanks for the help

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Do you have to argue against it? Cause if you didn't IMO it would be WAY easier to argue that Yanks have the right to buy from us. (ie: free trade, rising health costs... etc)

You know what, I really cant think of anything to help other than what cb25 said. Historically Canadians have bought tons of crap from the US that when produced domestically was way too much (farm equipment comes to mind). If you pursue the abuse route say something about gear for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by RP7
    Do you have to argue against it? Cause if you didn't IMO it would be WAY easier to argue that Yanks have the right to buy from us. (ie: free trade, rising health costs... etc)

You know what, I really cant think of anything to help other than what cb25 said. Historically Canadians have bought tons of crap from the US that when produced domestically was way too much (farm equipment comes to mind). If you pursue the abuse route say something about gear for fun.
    i would say stuff about how i look to buy nolva and clomid but i don't want everyone in my class to think i am juicing and yea i have to argue against it

cb25 is offline Banned

HOLY **** you are AWSOME

Quote Originally Posted by cb25

A few ideas...

He he he, I know it's not the side of the debate you want to hear but...

1 - You can't legally get prescription medecine without a Canadian doctors prescription here, this is Canada, not Mexico.

2 - Almost ALL the drug companies here are American companies

3 - Actually on prescription stuff (not off the shelf or OTC), almost ALL drugs are FDA approved as Health Canada usually waits for the FDA to approve something before they "rubber stamp" it.

Remember that prescription drugs is a multi-zillion dollar business, so everything is done by the companies and governments of our countries to maximize profits...

Often the prescription med you buy in a drugstore in the US will have been manufactured right here in Montreal, but it's being sold to you at "US market prices" (meaning 2-3x what we pay for it here).

Red

Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup

1 - You can't legally get prescription medecine without a Canadian doctors prescription here, this is Canada, not Mexico.

3 - Actually on prescription stuff (not off the shelf or OTC), almost ALL drugs are FDA approved as Health Canada usually waits for the FDA to approve something before they "rubber stamp" it.

Remember that prescription drugs is a multi-zillion dollar business, so everything is done by the companies and governments of our countries to maximize profits...

Often the prescription med you buy in a drugstore in the US will have been manufactured right here in Montreal, but it's being sold to you at "US market prices" (meaning 2-3x what we pay for it here).

Red
    yea thanks for reminding me that i am the underdog in the arguementive speech and i am going to lose because my arguement sucks, but yea thanks for the reminder

cb25 is offline Banned

Red
    yea, i was aware of all that...i was just grasping at straws trying to help him out...way to take all the fun out of it

Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTommy
    yea thanks for reminding me that i am the underdog in the arguementive speech and i am going to lose because my arguement sucks, but yea thanks for the reminder
    Well look at it this way... it may help ya avoiding dead end arguements and concentrating on other points...

For example, Americans buying their meds here will eventually make the prices raise for Canadian consumers... simple supply-demand logic. Thats not good for us!

Red

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    For example, Americans buying their meds here will eventually make the prices raise for Canadian consumers... simple supply-demand logic. Thats not good for us!

Red
    Ya what ever will I do when I get an ear infection?

Well look at it this way... it may help ya avoiding dead end arguements and concentrating on other points...

Red
    thats good i might use that, no i am goign to use that and i am goign to qoute my source as red ketchup

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTommy
    thats good i might use that, no i am goign to use that and i am goign to qoute my source as red ketchup
    Ya and then say I know this guy named RP7 who couldn't get the money to pay for his ghonnarea cream becuase of selfish Americans who want all the STD creams for themselves. We can even do an interview if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by RP7
    Ya and then say I know this guy named RP7 who couldn't get the money to pay for his ghonnarea cream becuase of selfish Americans who want all the STD creams for themselves. We can even do an interview if you want.

Thread Information