Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    palequail is offline Banned

Anyone else find it hard to date long term??

I have the hardest time keeping up a relationship longer than 2 weeks, and it is always because our lifestyles conflict. I love to train, eat healthy and get plenty of sleep. Sure girls like the way our bodies look but they don't realize how much work it takes.

I'm constantly having to say no I won't go out till 3 am and get fadded with you, stuff like that. Dating sucks. I wish a girl would just like to train and make her body look amazing, and not care to party constantly. Wouldn't that be great???

the_rebirth is offline Member
    i used to have the same problem, 2 weeks would be it.. i cannot start to think about all the girls that left b4 or after the 2 week mark. But then i ended up finding one and so far we have been goin for almost 5 months, which is a record for me.. hopefully this lasts for ever.. but who knows.. i shure dont.. but she dont party.. nor anything, shes a lil overweight but she is workin her hardest to loose it, and i didnt tell her to loose it as i would never, she wants to do it on her own, and shes doin a awesome job at it for goin to school and dancin and teachin dance..

~Ricky
    Last edited by the_rebirth; 03-29-2004 at 01:30 PM.

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    I've been having that problem ever since me and my girl broke up over the summer, cant get a date for anything. They learn my schedual then they are like OMG this guys is in his own little world with the gym and eating. I even had one chick tell me it was her or the gym, so i went to the gym heheh.

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    Most girls i know are pissheads. They all tell me to quit training and get drunk instead. The lifestyle conflict isnt as bad as the fact that as I get to look better the girls get fatter and the attraction goes. Guess ill just have to save myself for jessica alba!

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palequail
    I have the hardest time keeping up a relationship longer than 2 weeks, and it is always because our lifestyles conflict. I love to train, eat healthy and get plenty of sleep. Sure girls like the way our bodies look but they don't realize how much work it takes.

I'm constantly having to say no I won't go out till 3 am and get fadded with you, stuff like that. Dating sucks. I wish a girl would just like to train and make her body look amazing, and not care to party constantly. Wouldn't that be great???
    Good call bro, these girls like our bodies but cant understand why we eat all the time why we sleep all the time why we go to the gym all the time, they like the results but they dont understand that its alot of work to get big, or whatever the case may be. Ive dated way too many chicks that are just plain ignorent, for once i would like to have a relationship with a girl who loves to go to the gym like i do and how understands that this is a life style I live. All I can do is wish....lol.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    you guys all must be dating the wrong girls.............i know it may be a few.......but there are some girls out there that do respect this lifestyle and appectice all the hard work you guys put into it.......................i know i do!
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Most girls i know are pissheads. They all tell me to quit training and get drunk instead. !
    you must be dating little girls...........i couldnt imagine a mature women saying that.........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Yankeebstrd is offline Associate Member
    Ive been divorced for 5 years and I really havent had anyone longer than 2 weeks. Until 3 months ago my current gf came along and my discipline went out the window. why cant you have both? she doesn't drag me out late and party all night. The gym is just not her priority and it effects me.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Girlfriend in a gym? Bahahahhaahahah.. I got a chick i was dating a membership to NYSC and she went like 3 times rode a bike and then nagged me about going home.. i wanned to layher on a bench and put a plate on her chest so she would stop fallowing me around..

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    you guys all must be dating the wrong girls.............i know it may be a few.......but there are some girls out there that do respect this lifestyle and appectice all the hard work you guys put into it.......................i know i do!
    i cant find any women like that, id love to date long term, the last girl i was with i couldnt even get over the fact that she smoked cigaretes. it just made me sick and after awhile we just had a falling out, to muct differance between us. i like to stay in, she likes to go out and party. i hate being single

rambo is offline The Lord God
    I can't do it.

Elliot is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    i cant find any women like that, id love to date long term, the last girl i was with i couldnt even get over the fact that she smoked cigaretes. it just made me sick and after awhile we just had a falling out, to muct differance between us. i like to stay in, she likes to go out and party. i hate being single

I HATE WOMEN THAT SMOKE.. Its the most disgusting unatractive thing EVER.. The sad part is that they dont understand it.. Thier like okay so.. ? Im like why dont you take that cig out your mouth i have something else for ya to pull on..

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    I can't do it.
    We all understand your dilema rambo...but it does appear you can hold onto your male lovers for some length of time.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    We all understand your dilema rambo...but it does appear you can hold onto your male lovers for some length of time.
    Oh, OHHH, everyone is a comedian now.

Feast on my words or starve for eternity.

Glad to see some of the boys feel the same way..I guess I can look on the bright side. I am able to bone lots of chicks, and have no attatchments when my other friends are always tied down. But it still gets lonely from time to time and after awhile sex is just sex.......we need to whip some chicks into shape in this country...i'm pissed.

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    They are definitely out there. And honestly it is hard to find them.. I even know girls who are pretty serious but it only lasts for about 3-4 months then they fade also... Look at the percentage.. pretty low I'm sure. But you can also find healthy women who are not in the gym and are physically fit. I have a friend and she does alot of sports and running and has never been to the gym.. you would never guess.
    So don't give up!!!!

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Glad to see some of the boys feel the same way..I guess I can look on the bright side. I am able to bone lots of chicks, and have no attatchments when my other friends are always tied down. But it still gets lonely from time to time and after awhile sex is just sex.......we need to whip some chicks into shape in this country...i'm pissed.
    Very true, sleeping with alot of girls has its ups, but after a while it gets stupid, all it is is sex, sex, and more meaningless sex. Itd be nice to find a chick who doesnt just wanna f*ck and who actually gives a sh*t about you.

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i feel your pain bro's it's even harder living in a college town. All that happens here is people gettin Drunk all the time some of my friends get hammared 3 times a week!! but they dont train, I myself have only been in the game for about 2.5 years hand slowed down BIG time on drinking i only drink about once or twice a month except for Spring Break of course or holidays, But ALL the girls i know get blitzed all the time, With this in mind and being surrounded by parties on the weekend it is hard to meet a girl that just likes to train and be healthy but then on the outher hand it is hard keeping myself out of the drinking trap, They always say "well u can come over and party with us but u dont have to drink" YEAH YOU KNOW HOW HARD THAT IS

grey_blue_white_red is offline Female Member
    I would try the gym. But here's a tip. If you find a girl at the gym, find one that might not be that fit, someone maybe a out of shape, just getting into it. Help them with their routine and help them get in shape. Develop a relationship around health together. If you meet her at the gym, it will encourage her to go and at the end of the day you'll have a fit partner who is into what you are into. Good Luck!
    "USA Today has come out with a new survey: Apparently three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population."
    David Letterman.

Quote Originally Posted by grey_blue_white_red
    I would try the gym. But here's a tip. If you find a girl at the gym, find one that might not be that fit, someone maybe a out of shape, just getting into it. Help them with their routine and help them get in shape. Develop a relationship around health together. If you meet her at the gym, it will encourage her to go and at the end of the day you'll have a fit partner who is into what you are into. Good Luck!
    im sort of doing what your saying right now. i have this girl that works out with me and all, she's good looking, and i know she is attracted to me also. there's only one problem. she smokes, drinks, and smokes weed. im trying so hard to change her cause she really is killing herself in the gym. i have her doing 35's for inclind dumbell press and she has a goal of maxing at 135lbs on flat bar bell press. she is repping (2) 45 plates a side for hack squats and then later at night me and her will come back to do cardio. if i could only kick her of her habits she'd be almost perfect.

i hate being single. sure i could go out and bang alot of girls, but where would that get me? id still be alone the next morning, and still be lonely inside. being single sucks, id much rather be tied down cause going out to the bar and clubs gets old real quick

BabyGirl01 is offline Female Member

That's true. ubviosly u guys r dating the wrong girls. I love being in my long term relationship, but tis good becuase we understand each other. When it works out like that, its great.

BG

most broads in a gym that are dedicated and are hot, are motivated by one thing. and thats a big fat wallet!! Unless you can buy her a new bmw or mercedes dont bother. Me i'm just a blue collared turn wrench. They might be attracted to me but they wouldn't waste there time. Maybe thats just my locale (west palm beach) More rich suckers per capita than anywhere else on earth!

Swellin Guest
    Yep, dating long term is difficult...you either break up or you get married...in which case, you wish you broke up.

J/k...geez Mrs. Swellin.....I promise it was just a joke!

steve0 is offline NASM~AFPA~CPT
    i agree with Yankeebstrd

Commando_Barbi is offline AR's Arresting Angel Vet
    I'm with Danielle......I love dating a guy that loves to workout.....esp when we train together. Get the best of all worlds.
    1. Once a cheat always a cheat!
    2. YES, SHE can get pregnant the first time!
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

What the mind can conceive....the body will achieve!

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeebstrd
    most broads in a gym that are dedicated and are hot, are motivated by one thing. and thats a big fat wallet!! Unless you can buy her a new bmw or mercedes dont bother. Me i'm just a blue collared turn wrench. They might be attracted to me but they wouldn't waste there time. Maybe thats just my locale (west palm beach) More rich suckers per capita than anywhere else on earth!
    GOD yes...you are talking to the wrong ones babe.... some of us only date blue collar workers...TRUST me....

BW

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    the only problem with it is there arent that many girls that are worth becoming devoted to like that... at least in my experience... i'm only 20 years old so i'm thinking its an age thing. i love going out and partying, so that isnt what gets in the way like palequail mentioned, its simply hard to find someone who is so great that you want to spend all your time with them...

quick (sorry for the segue hijack) question: is it unreasonable to not want to waste my time with girls who simply arent as great as other girls ive met/had relationships with? it seems like a waste of time dating someone if you can imagine someone better for you, let alone actually knowing someone(s) better...

just my .02

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    hey palequail
    my girl trains with me daily, and we make our meals together and stuff, tans with me, etc. find a healthy girl(not necessarily gym-rat) and share the lifestyle!
    btw, how old are you?

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    omg, that hawaii thing through me. this whole time i've been tryin to pronounce yer name pa-lee-qwi-eel or something. i just realized its a bit simpler. ummmmmmmmm. nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Babyweight
    GOD yes...you are talking to the wrong ones babe.... some of us only date blue collar workers...TRUST me....

BW
    There may be exceptions, but you know what the majority are about!!

My last girlfriend was a total training freak. I met her at the gym and she did a few fitness shows along with the Ms. Hawaii beauty pageant. She was great and we would eat together and train together. But things went sour and I've been single since. Just can't seem to find a girl that will give me my space to train, cook and sleep.

Bigboucing...I'm 21..I know i'm young but I usually date older women..i"ve been seeing this girl who is 34 lately but she is the same issue...always wants go out and drink all night. Well whatever...summer is almost here maybe some cuties will show up at the beach!

Hey girls....what is your experiences with guys??? You dating someone who is dedicated to their training??

Yes you are right... but just so you know...there are a few exceptions..

im super depressed, i was seeing some girl that was totally awesome but i was super scared of getting serious, i thought i was setting myself up to be hurt. well she called it off, and for the last 3 weeks if felt like such sh-t. so i finally called her last week and explained how much i cared about her and all that good stuff. but the problem is that last week she saw some kid she used to hook up with 6 years ago and theyve been hanging out since. so she is really frustrated on what to do. she said now she has feelings for both of us and doesnt know what to do. figured i always screw myself, i hate this crap. i wish my parents werent divored and a little normal so i knew what a good relationship was supposed to be like. i have to learn in trial and error, and i mostly mess up cause im scared to show my feelings

i figured i let her know exacly how i feel and how i wanna have a real relationship with her, the balls in her court. im not gonna start playing that who's better BS between me and this other dude. life sucks. i hate women. really i dont, i just hate being lonely
    Last edited by jcstomper; 03-29-2004 at 10:09 PM.

I've dated quite a few guys that train hard. I've always loved it...especially when we train together. That's the best part of the day. I dated one guy that was Mr. Barbados - Masters Champ. Man that was awesome. He was great....we trained hard and played harder!!!! He was a wonderful man and thanks to his diet guidance .... helped me get really lean before I left the islands. Sad thing....I heard that he got smashed under a Manchinel tree last year. Those trees are huge.....and to make it worse...have a sap that will burn the hell out of your skin. I don't know if he's managed to recover or not.

My guy now isn't as dedicated to it but we train together and he's supportive of my goals. I love starting my day out with him, under the weights. After a good hard training session....there's always the cardio session back at his place that brings an awesome close to a great morning.....and keeps me smiling all day!

Someone suggested that you find a girl in the gym that is working hard to get fit. I totally agree. You can make that time together in the gym awesome.....and develope a great relationship at the same time.

Hey girls....what is your experiences with guys??? You dating someone who is dedicated to their training??
    3. NO, PULLING out IS NOT a RELIABLE method of Birth Control. DAMMMMIT..... Wrap that shyte UP!!

Women over 30 are dignified. They seldom have a screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensive restaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, if they think they can get away with it.

For all those men who say, "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free". Here's an update for you. Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's not worth buying an entire Pig, just to get a little sausage.

Pailquail....
    for me...I have always dating people with similar interests, MAINLY the gym.... and come too find out... on a few, that is all we had in common... it still was great, we "kind of" had the same lifestyle...if we are talking about the healthy lifestyle..but then everything else was all wrong...
    I think there has to be some sort of medium with the relationship. You need to find someone who is well rounded and that will try new things. And if your dating older women...I'm sure you've doing pretty well.
    We can't have everything... you may find someone who is hardcore in the gym all the time, but is average looking, or the other way around.. then you may find someone who is more intellectual than the other....then that really screws up things, JMO. I don't know...whos' to say whom is for whom... you just have to test the water... and I mean ALL of it! lol
    For instance... The last person I fell head over heals for had never stepped foot in a gym in his life. Looked great...and we had everything in common EXCEPT for the gym and healthy lifestyle... Go figure!
    But now we turned out to be good friends.
    BW

You live in the land of plastic surgery and materialist people......of course you would find a lot of women that were only worried about the Money. Personally I want a man that shows me respect and treats me right. The rest is gravy. $$ don't make the man.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    My shrink (who did marriage counseling too) told me that 75% of the population is unsuited to marriage/relationships.
    25% find it easy to have happy relationships.
    25% can "endure" a relationship, but they aren't really happy.
    25% are in-and-out of relationships all the time,
    25% learned they were happier single and stay that way.

That's what he had to say on the matter . . .
    -Tock

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    My shrink (who did marriage counseling too) told me that 75% of the population is unsuited to marriage/relationships.
    25% find it easy to have happy relationships.
    25% can "endure" a relationship, but they aren't really happy.
    25% are in-and-out of relationships all the time,
    25% learned they were happier single and stay that way.

That's what he had to say on the matter . . .
    -Tock
    LOL.... And I think he may have something...

Whitey's new name is Little Lamby for everyone to know...

Anyhow I'm going over to my girls house right now because I want someone to cuddle with....but of course this relationship isn't going anywhere. It isn't that I need a girl who trains hard in the gym everyday but someone who takes care of themself and can understand my lifestyle....it just seems like they think we got to look this way by genetics. I have to tell them that I have gained 50lbs of muslce in the last 4 years by being the way I am, but it still doesn't matter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information