Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Christ Movie Moves Man to Confess Murder

Fri Mar 26, 8:20 AM ET Add Movies - Reuters to My Yahoo!

HOUSTON (Reuters) - A repentant Texas man went to police after seeing Mel Gibson (news)'s controversial film "The Passion of Christ" and confessed to murdering a 19-year-old woman who was pregnant with his child, authorities said on Thursday.

Police had thought Ashley Nicole Wilson, who died on Jan. 18, had hanged herself, but Dan Leach, 21, went to them on March 9 to admit that he had killed her, said Fort Bend County Sheriff's Department spokeswoman Jeannie Gage.

Leach wanted to seek redemption after talking to a friend and seeing the movie about the last hours of Christ's life, she said.

"He mentioned that speaking with the friend and seeing the movie 'The Passion of Christ' made him feel remorse," Gage said.

Leach said he killed Wilson because she was pregnant with his child and he did not want to be involved with her anymore, she said.

Wilson was found in her apartment with a suicide note describing her depression but Leach said he staged the murder to look like she had killed herself. The Houston Chronicle first reported the story in its online edition.

Leach was released after his confession while police investigated and was arrested on Tuesday after a grand jury indicted him. He was being held on $100,000 bail, Gage said.

The Mel Gibson film has been criticized for graphic violence and for its portrayal of the role of Jews in the death of Christ.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    man, I'm not even lying about this, but I believe I know that girl...holy ****

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    This guy is a sick f....!!! But it goes to show all of us that if you let something get you down mentally then we are all fuct. I have had over 1,000,000 women in my dreams over the past 10 yrs but that does not mean that just because I see a movie that I have to tell my wife and mess everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    I have had over 1,000,000 women in my dreams over the past 10 yrs but that does not mean that just because I see a movie that I have to tell my wife and mess everything up.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Crazy

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Just like that saying in 21 grams " Guilt will suck you down to the bone."

jon rock is offline Associate Member
    Im sick of that stupid movie. People talk about it as though its fact. I read in my local paper a woman had a heart attack and died in the theater while watching it. The line beteen hollywood fantasy and reality is blurred. Man this dancin guy looks funny

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    at least the Fuc*er is getting what he deserves now, regardless of the reason he turned himself in...

Superhuman is offline Banned

GeoQuadzilla is offline Senior Member
    Man I thought that Movie was unreal... That's my Opinion ofcourse... I'm glad it moved someone so much as to confess murder... I guess it hit some people harder then others, either way the family will know the real truth, and the boyfriend who committed the crime can pay for his crime and try to make the most of the rest of his life even if he will spend it in prison.

decadbal is offline Banned
    great movie, great that the guy did the right thing, after he did the utmost wrong thing, still though, least he manned up to it. so for his good jesture, i hope he only gets raped a few times in prison instead of repeatedly

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    nah I hope big bubba ripps his azzhole out!!! wonder if I could get a video of that??? lol....i know what ya'll are thinking.....sick bastar....yep

decadbal is offline Banned
    so you are openly askin for gay snuff videos..... im sure theres a rule against this type of dirty nasty crap on ar, and im gonna make it my 34th prioriety to make sure you know about it.....lol yea i hope his ass hurts for a long time to bro

I saw that movie too. The thing about it is, IMO (I'm Catholic BTW) is that to truly appreciate the film, you have to either be Christian and/or be well educated in the religion and history. I don't think it was anti-semetic, though after the movie I caught myself sayin, "da mn those Jews!" It's just an automatic reaction to the way they treated Jesus. It IS a fact that instead of telling Pilate to release Jesus, they had him release the vicious murderer, and it IS a fact that Pilate did not want to crucify him - the jews made him. Pilate WAS however a bad man and DID have Jesus tortured.

I am glad that the movie has inspired people to evaluate their lives and make efforts to be better people. It is right to be mad at that man, but you must forgive him. He should for sure go to jail for life, but he did the right thing in confessing and apologizing to the family. Judge not lest ye be judged... We all have evil thoughts from time to time, but the difference between him and us is that we have the ability to control ourselves and realize that they ARE in fact evil thoughts and they we should dismiss them. Perhaps he was going through some tough times and the devil influenced him and moved him to do it. He should go to jail for life, but capital punishment is wrong.

-Satan is smart in that he has convinced most of the world that he does not exist... this allows him to expand his influence.

jon rock is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhuman
    lol, those smiley things are too funny.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Thumbs up to mel gibson. this film is truly a masterpiece of all times for all cultures.

Spoon

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I hear they're gonna re-release Monty Python's "Life of Brian" (a spoof of the gospel) in the next few weeks . . .
    -Tock

freaking god-less liberals...

Rugby13 is offline Member
    I haven't seen the movie but I can't wait till the DVD comes out. I haven't seen a movie in the theatre in ages!!!
    The little I do know about the movie is that is IS based on factual events and is pretty acurate according to the Bible so Jonroc I'm not sure why you think it's not fact whn indeed it is.....later bro

Quote Originally Posted by Rugby13
    I haven't seen the movie but I can't wait till the DVD comes out. I haven't seen a movie in the theatre in ages!!!
    The little I do know about the movie is that is IS based on factual events and is pretty acurate according to the Bible so Jonroc I'm not sure why you think it's not fact whn indeed it is.....later bro

Well, it's supposed to be an accurate rendition of one of the four Gospels, but the question remains--are any of the Gospel accurate recordings of history?
    IMHO, no . . . not when they're full of crazy stories of Jesus floating from the ground "up to heaven" (where ever that may be) like a helium baloon. People call events like "healings" and "walking on water" miracles; I say those things never happened. Of course, it's just my opinion against what's written in a book. But IMHO, anytime you expect reasonable adults to beleive crazy tales like this, you better have credible evidence, and, just like in lots of other folk tales, there ain't any.

What it all boils down to is . . . whether you want to beleive this stuff actually happened or not. It's all faith, ain't no evidence for nothin'.
    Of course, while the preachers call the beleivers "faith full," I call 'em "suckers."

-Tock

We're all entitled to our own opinion and I respect that and there's no way of convincing someone of something they don't believe unless they experience something for themselves. I know I believe what's written in the bible and yes a lot of it is blind faith but I've had enough personal experiences to where I know there is someone greater than me in control of my life and everything else and yes I choose to believe it's God!!! As long as you're truly happy with the way you chose to live your life and there's no voids you feel that need to be filled that's cool.
    -peace-

We're all entitled to our own opinion . . . that's cool.
    -peace-

Well said.
    -Tock

I'm starting to enjoy these little discussions with you Tock
    Last edited by Rugby13; 03-28-2004 at 11:10 PM.

"IMHO" I think Tock doesn't know what he's talking about - ever.

"IMHO" I think Tock doesn't know what he's talking about - ever.

You're just jealous because you don't have my good looks, sweet charm, rapier-sharp wit, and encyclopaedic knowledge of all things animal vegetable and mineral (I am the very model of a modern major-General). But most of all you're just upset that you can't have . . . me!
    --Tock

I'm starting to enjoy these little discussions with you Tock

Yah, well, religion that inspires, gives hope to the hopeless, and comforts those at the end of their rope is a good thing, I suppose. On the other hand, the sort of religion that controls, demands $$$ from "the faithful," sends people out to fight against non-bleevers, that tries to convert through the use of fear, I have nothing but disgust.

But you're a reasonable fellow, which is why it's not difficult having a reasonable conversation with you. I only wish more folks were similarly reasonable . . . lots are, but, still, not enough . . .
    -Tock

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    You're just jealous because you don't have my good looks, sweet charm, rapier-sharp wit, and encyclopaedic knowledge of all things animal vegetable and mineral (I am the very model of a modern major-General). But most of all you're just upset that you can't have . . . me!
    --Tock
    oh! You sure did get me there, ****!

.....not

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Tock seems to have all the answers for everything, LOL. When is the new religion of Tockism coming my way?

hey tock i've been wondering for the longest time, what's the significance of your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    Tock seems to have all the answers for everything, LOL. When is the new religion of Tockism coming my way?
    ya, seriously

Quote Originally Posted by groverman1

The way "Tockism" works is, you move towards Tock, closer and closer, and in your case, if you're lucky, you become "One with Tock."

As far as having the answers for everything, alas and alak! alak and alas! 'tis not true. Tock is neither omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent nor anything else like that . . . He knows what he knows, knows what He doesn't know, Knows not of things he doesn't want to know of, and, in Tock's opinion, is as opinionated as Rush Limbaugh (only Tock's opinions are based in fact, logic, experience, and sound reasoning).

Tock is like a sore dick . . . can't beat 'em!

--Tock

Tock is like a sore dick . . . can't beat 'em!

hey tock i've been wondering for the longest time, what's the significance of your avatar?

Oddly enough, it's a metaphysical thing . . . if you gaze at the pic long enough and chant over and over the following three phrases:
    ohwa
    tafoo
    liam
    eventually, a very special form of enlightenment will fill your mind and body and soul, and you will be very much better for the experience . . .

Gaze and chant, my little porcupine, and learn the special significance of my avatar . . .
    --Tock

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    But you're a reasonable fellow
    -Tock
    Tock thinks I'm reasonable, I'm flattered oh mighty Tock

Thread Information