Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prime is offline Naturally perfect

Longevity of the average AR member

I just looked at some old posts from 2001 and dont really recognise any of the people who were posting. How long has eveyone been here for? (i know each of us displays a joining date). And thats led me to wonder exactly how long the average AR member lasts for. And where are the articles on the downsides of roids etc that people have suffered. In a community as large as this at least one person must have damaged their liver from using a 17aa-alkilated gear or sommut for too long.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    larger muscles... less fat, more strength... and better skin and healthier lifestyle...

downside.............. maybe 5 years less to live, but those are the 5 years you will be pissing and crapping on yourself... so i don't miind............

don't drink alcohol while taking a 17aa steroid , and get your blood work done every 6 months....
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Me and some others have been perusing since the board began. I was reading since it opened, but posted MUCH later. If you dig around the steroid forum you can read some horror stories on people killing themselves, or nearly so, due to misuse.

got any links??

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    If anecdotes pertaining to liver damage are absent from the board, either people here are taking sound advice, or the liver toxicity issue isnt as serious as it is hyped up to be.

Maybe, but i need some info as im writing a peice for my degree on what risks bb are willing to take to be big. I need some balanced views and info, so all these pro stories are making it hard to find the few problematic ones.
    (The peice isnt just on gear by the way)

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    Maybe, but i need some info as im writing a peice for my degree on what risks bb are willing to take to be big. I need some balanced views and info, so all these pro stories are making it hard to find the few problematic ones.
    (The peice isnt just on gear by the way)
    Like I said, it's in the steroid forum, I've seen them. Just do a search.

samoth is offline Member
    Some of us don't post much due to heavy school workloads.

Also, the anabolic forums (referring to all boards, not just here) draw many people in, but once a person get to a certain level of knowledge and education, most (not all) of the posts on the anabolic boards become a joke -- and I'm not referring to the newbie posts, either.

One reason for the lack of references to liver damage may be that it is something that may not show any symptoms until years down the road. Same thing with the cardiovascular system; heart and other problems may not immediately follow steroid administration. It may take years or decades.

The body can cope and regenerate pretty well... how we treat our bodies may not be evident until our 30's, 40's, or later.

Swellin Guest
    Nice post Samoth, I agree 100% with that summation.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    I was on the old AR board, as a guest, then i came to this one stayed as a guest for a few months.. I didn't join AR until i started my first cycle, I felt to join a steroid board I needed to be a juicer, I wasn't posing as something i'm not.. I think jason said i'm member number 14xx or something.. I remember doing a search for steroid cycles on ask.com, and i found fitnessboard.com, then from there a bro who is no longer with us BigKev mentioned this board to me and i came over, and joined here.. It's good to see the board grow, and all the little people grow to be big fukers and its funny to see all the people that come and go - i call them parttimers..

The biggest downside is probally all these fools that acquire gyno, and cry about it.. Samoth is accurate by saying health complications will appear later in life, until then let us be stupid and get big...

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Heck i have been reading the AR Hompage for a LONG time before i joined in 03,

I will be here as long as its here.

jammergsxr is offline Member
    I've been here ahwile,I tend to read more than post.

Nice point i diddnt think about that samoth.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    I have been here a little while....

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I'll be 2 in april

allsaucedup is offline Member
    i have been here a few years

mass junkie is offline banned
    I aint going anywhere

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I'll be here a year on Satuday.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    I'll be here a year on Satuday.
    who are you?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by monster.
    Samoth is accurate by saying health complications will appear later in life, until then let us be stupid and get big...
    i don't agree.

my blood work regularly shows i am in perfect health and my doctor always commends me for that.

you can take the necessary precautions to prevent complications further down the line by eating healthy, exercising your heart as well as muscles, and not doing **** like smoking or other drugs that severely hurt the body. steroids can have detrimental side effects if taken for too long a duration or dosed improperly, but when you understand your body and don't go overboard they aren't unsafe in the least.

i know i have always had high a high cardiovascular threshold and would put my endurance and general health up against anyone on this board or any other individual i know in real life.

if you are like the majority of people on here that have no business cycling then you will be a victim to complications down the road, plain and simple.

i, on the other hand, will live to be 90 and able to piss without a machine.

lay the foundation for the rest of your life with smart decisions and don't make the mistakes that many of the clowns that post about not having anti's or not getting blood work after a heavy cycle. they wonder why their liver is going to fail after heavy oral usage, or they wonder why they are going to get heart disease when fast food is a staple in the diet.

im off the soapbox now, but i just can't get over how ridiculous that statement encompassing everyone is.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    I've been lurking around AR since mid '01... been a member over 2yrs. AR has been a tremendous learning tool for me as well as many others. I would have screwed myself up royally if not for the info I gained from researching and asking questions here...

I can't even imagine how many people the good bros here at AR have helped keep from making bad decisions concerning AAS... and sometimes life in general. reading this board has become a regular part of my life's routine... I laugh, I cry, and I learn with you sorry jokers... and I'm grateful for each and every one of you...
    ~R

Their is no possible way to determine health conditions later on. The long term effects are individualistic and to say you'll definately have them would not only be extremely pessimistic, but also render you a moron for taking part in something you "know" is shortening your life. On the other hand, to say you "know" you wont have them because your taking all the precautions, would be a blind presumption to the possiblities that are apparent

Its a lottery folks. A man running bdtr's cycles might live to 80, while the moderate cycler could develope chronic category 4 BP, enlarged heart, or whatever numerous side effects and die at 42. You make a choice, hopefully educated, and live with it no matter what the outcome. Their is a healthy way to administer AAS, but their is not a definite to whats in store down the road

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I've been here since the old board... so I'm not really sure how long that's been...

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I am here until Bouncer sends the "man" to come and get me.

Quote Originally Posted by daem
    i don't agree.

i know i have always had high a high cardiovascular threshold and would put my endurance and general health up against anyone on this board or any other individual i know in real life.

if you are like the majority of people on here that have no business cycling then you will be a victim to complications down the road, plain and simple.

im off the soapbox now, but i just can't get over how ridiculous that statement encompassing everyone is.
    Just for you I should edit my post, and change 'complications will' to 'may' occur later in life.. I honestly don't think you or I can predict the longevity of the tissues, and organs in our body.. I don't care how many tests you run, and how 'great' of condition you are in.. No matter what we inject, eat, whatever, over time these 'may' have a serious effect in the distant future, thats just part of the game.. I appreciate your confidence in your health.. The fact that you feel singled out by what i said is not surprising.. I'm curious how you can predict yourself living to 90 years old, and pissing on your own, unless your 89 and todays your birthday.. Thats probally the most unrealistic thing i've ever heard, not to mention IGNORANT. I hope you do though.. Hey man brag all you want, about your 'cardio vascular threshold' whatever helps you out with your insecurity..

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm curious how you can predict yourself living to 90 years old, and pissing on your own, unless your 89 and todays your birthday..

Quote Originally Posted by ripped4fsu

yeah, I liked that one too

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I just got here....what did I miss? hahahaha

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Like I said, it's in the steroid forum, I've seen them. Just do a search.
    Yep, we had several almost die when using insulin a year or two ago. It was weird because it was at least 2 or 3 people, maybe more.

I've been around forever. I actually helped type up the original website. I'll be around as long as I'm getting paid for it.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    who are you?
    Your poppa

samoth is offline Member
    ... steroids can have detrimental side effects if taken for too long a duration or dosed improperly,

THIS IS KEY!!! However, what's "too long"? I don't think any of us can define that.

but when you understand your body and don't go overboard they aren't unsafe in the least.

No offence, but I've heard this stated over and over again by chronic narcotic abusers.

I don't think this is so "plain and simple". Why? Well, most of us agree that amatures and professional competitors have "business" cycling... but will they necessarily avoid long-term detrimental effects solely because they have "business" cycling?

Ahhh... the naivety of youth. (No offence intended)

lay the foundation for the rest of your life with smart decisions and don't make the mistakes that many of the clowns that post about not having anti's or not getting blood work after a heavy cycle.

It's much, much, much more complicated than to simply state "take your PCT, anti-e's, and do bloodwork and you'll be perfectly fine". This anabolic battle cry is a major misconception reiterated on every board I've seen.

One could argue that it's equally ridiculous to assume one will live past the age of 90, in perfect health no less, by using illegal drugs the way anonymous internet posters say to do so. Heck, even doctors cannot make that promise.
    Once again it won't let me post without typing words outside the quote. Dang thing.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I"ve been here for a while as well...I joined around late 2001.....I think....

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    Been here a while also. There was a guy i forget his name that used to give advice in the forum even tho he had liver problems that almost killed him. kinda odd if ya ask me..

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Chico Not Going Anywhere!!!!!

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Just for you I should edit my post, and change 'complications will' to 'may' occur later in life.. I honestly don't think you or I can predict the longevity of the tissues, and organs in our body.. I don't care how many tests you run, and how 'great' of condition you are in.. No matter what we inject, eat, whatever, over time these 'may' have a serious effect in the distant future, thats just part of the game.. I appreciate your confidence in your health.. The fact that you feel singled out by what i said is not surprising.. I'm curious how you can predict yourself living to 90 years old, and pissing on your own, unless your 89 and todays your birthday.. Thats probally the most unrealistic thing i've ever heard, not to mention IGNORANT. I hope you do though.. Hey man brag all you want, about your 'cardio vascular threshold' whatever helps you out with your insecurity..
    ms. cleo told me, so the statement wasn't ignorant.

as far as insecurity goes, i have competed and placed in both full triathlons i have done, so i have no insecurites.

could you even run 42.2 kilometers at one time? in case you aren't familiar with the traithlon structure, there is a 3.8k swim first and then it is on to 180k on the bike. the marathon is the last part of it...so when i make a comment about my cardiovascular health it is coming from an experienced endurance athlete and not some weekly treadmiller logging 5 miles a session.

but i will agree with you on the 89 and today is my bday comment...i really don't know how long i'll live. in your spirit, just for you, maybe i should edit my post to read 'a really long time.' for all i know i could get hit by a car today walking to the grocery to pick up my slin pins.

the point that you all have made is that the future is uncertain, and i would be naive to believe otherwise...therefore i'll humble myself and say that i made a ridiculous and 'ignorant' comment in that previous post.

samoth, good dissection of my original post btw, ill make sure to do a comprehensive breakdown with my own criticisms in the future. coming from someone who has about 75% of his posts in the lounge, i really don't care.

if either of you really want to argue some more PM me...

as far as insecurity goes, i have competed and placed in both full triathlons i have done, so i have no insecurites.

could you even run 42.2 kilometers at one time? in case you aren't familiar with the traithlon structure, there is a 3.8k swim first and then it is on to 180k on the bike. the marathon is the last part of it...so when i make a comment about my cardiovascular health it is coming from an experienced endurance athlete and not some weekly treadmiller logging 5 miles a session.
    If you would like to compare endurance credentials I was a national ranked short track speed skater from the time i was 15-18 years old.. I raced/placed/won in 50k, 20k, 10k races, along with relays; 5000-100m sprint races.. Trust me bro your triathlete career is not impressive to me.. Strength training is my thing now, if i wished to drop weight and race again, I could.. Triathletes are no joke, in fact i still talk to friends that crossed over to become triathletes, and many are Olympic hopefulls, all equally cocky as you..

Best of luck

P.S. Don't hate on us weekly treadmillers

samoth is offline Member
    samoth, good dissection of my original post btw, ill make sure to do a comprehensive breakdown with my own criticisms in the future. coming from someone who has about 75% of his posts in the lounge, i really don't care.

if either of you really want to argue some more PM me...
    I'm not really sure what you mean by "coming from someone who has about 75% of his posts in the lounge, i really don't care", but if you think that posting in the anabolic forum, or any other, makes someone "cared" about more... LOL, I really don't know what to say. I don't think I even want to touch that one. There are a lot of good people here in the AR chat forum... I don't see why they aren't good enough for you to care about.

Oh, and I will argue here, on this discussion board , if you don't mind. Why use PMs? That's the interesting thing about the boards, you get everyone's input. Everyone's opinion. I personally like hearing what other people have to say, especially if their ideas differ from my own. And AR's pretty good about not letting things digress into personal attacks, too... another reason I enjoy posting here.

But I will cease the topic, if you feel uncomfortable posting around us 'chat' people. We'll do just fine without you.

samoth is offline Member
    Triathletes are no joke, in fact i still talk to friends that crossed over to become triathletes, and many are Olympic hopefulls, all equally cocky as you..

Best of luck

P.S. Don't hate on us weekly treadmillers
    LOL!!

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    come back in 40 years and we'll have a definite answer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information