palequail is offline Banned

My ****ing BMW blew up!!

Well I just got this BMW a few months ago. Anyways I took it to get checked out and a mechanic told me I needs like 5 grand in work. I was flipping out. So I took it back to the dealer and they tried telling me that they couldn't help me because the warranty is up. So I just went off and told them that i'm taking them to court and they are gonna get ****ed up! Well they bought it and they said they would fix everything but it will take some time. Fine with me....not bad what a little BS and roid rage can do

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    What exactly did they tell you was wrong with it? I've never heard of anything costing 5,000 to repair, other then if you totaled it..

cb25 is offline Banned
    I'd feel bad...but then i remembered that you're driving a beamer and i just had to wait 40 mins for the bus...in the rain.

ok, i feel better...it is good news to hear that they'll take care of it for ya...car probs can be a b*tch...

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Buy a Ford next time.....

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    Buy a Ford next time.....
    Took the words out of my mouth!!

stack-a-licious is offline Associate Member
    buy a toyota..it will last you for life (at least 200k)... a ford will last 100k if your lucky..

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    yes, buy a toyota and help support foreign economys being ours is so perfect...

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stack-a-licious
    buy a toyota..it will last you for life (at least 200k)... a ford will last 100k if your lucky..
    I drove my last Ford 250k miles..... I guess that I am lucky....

My workout partner's little brother just bought a bmw a few months ago...been in the shop 6 times...back in the shop now.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Dont buy a toyota. I have 45k on my car and the transmission just went out on me. Good thing I still have some warranty left on it. Needless to say, this will be the last toyo I will ever buy!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    My ford pickup had 200k city miles on it before it got wrecked the thing ran like new . Think the only thing i changed on it in those miles was an altenator and waterpump. They werent even broke just felt they were getting old so i changed em. People that buy american cars and say there junk dont maintain them and dont know **** about cars. Anyway back on topic what went wrong that cost 5g's? Still curious.
    Last edited by RageControl; 03-31-2004 at 12:02 PM.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    sorry bro i read the title and it was soo funny. i had a car blow up on the highway. covered 6 lanes in smoke, so thick u couldn't see through it. i almost pissed myself laughing when it happened. (btw it was an old beater)

[QUOTE=abstrack]Dont buy a toyota. I have 45k on my car and the transmission just went out on me. Good thing I still have some warranty left on it. Needless to say, this will be the last toyo I will ever buy![/QUOTE

hey, toyota has a 5 year 60,000 mile powertrain warranty...so that should be covered by toyota..you should not have to pay a penny...if that were a ford with a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty, you would be spending around $2500 parts and labor...

BMW? Thats the problem. Next time go Lexus. I've already put on 163,000 miles on my Lexus SC400 Sports Coup, and not one single problem. Japanese know their engineering.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My ****ing BMW blew up!!-lexus_sc400.jpeg  

Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey
    BMW? Thats the problem. Next time go Lexus. I've already put on 163,000 miles on my Lexus SC400 Sports Coup, and not one single problem. Japanese know their engineering.

agree...infact, lexus = toyota...same thing...if you look in the trunk of a lexus it should say "build by toyota"....
    i was a mechanic for many years...seen tons of mechanical failures... from my experiance in the shop, i would never buy chrysler, or anything made by chysler (jeep/plymouth)...i would stick with toyota, honda, ford then chevy...

Na I love my BMW...I just got back from having it towed to the dealership...those fukers better fix it right...Basically there was oil leaking into the coolant system...so the head might have cracked..that is why it is about 5k in damage. but they are taking care of it.

Toyotas are great I had a truck once. I also have an Acura right now so I still have a car to drive..so i'm ok.. here is a pic of the bastard!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My ****ing BMW blew up!!-bmw.jpg  

agree...infact, lexus = toyota...same thing...if you look in the trunk of a lexus it should say "build by toyota"....
    i was a mechanic for many years...seen tons of mechanical failures... from my experiance in the shop, i would never buy chrysler, or anything made by chysler (jeep/plymouth)...i would stick with toyota, honda, ford then chevy...
    Yeah, its just the high end Toyota, just like Acura is Honda. And for the person saying something about buying a foreign car and not supporting jobs here, Lexus is made here, just engineered overseas. With the exception of the first couple years Lexus made the SC400, it was then a true import from Japan.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    BMW do tend to have a lot of mechanical problems... In luxury sedans mercedes is the way to go, thats just my own personal opinion from extensive use...

Ohhhh....coolant in the oil stream...thats nasty... i hope they fix the problem right the first time cause that can cause loooots of future problems... if they dont replace your rod bearings, you might be in trouble... see, they might appear to be ok now, just a little scoring, but in 6 months from now you can have a severe oil pressure loss, and thats not good at all...just watch your oil guage, and temp guage... make sure they give you a good warranty on the repairs...
    every import car sold in the states must be made with a certain % of american parts... thats why when you look at a toyota brand new from a dealer it has an american alternator, but the alternator bracket is fitted for a toyota alternator also... so when the american alt breaks down after 50K miles, they pop a brand new toyota alternator in...
    nothing wrong with fords, dont get me wrong...they take good care of their customers..but i prefer toyota now...
    i drive a 93 MR2

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    Bmw's are great cars if you buy one without 100,000 miles on it, If its new or has around 40,000 on it and its a decent model you should be fine. And bmw's motors are very touchy to tuning, thats the only downfall. Oh and never buy any model under a 330i performance unless you wanna waste your money. Just my opinions though...

Danielle is offline Female Member
    how the hell is the warranty up on BMW after only a few months....and Hyndauis (sp?) have a **** warranty for 10 years?!?!?!..........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    how the hell is the warranty up on BMW after only a few months....and Hyndauis (sp?) have a **** warranty for 10 years?!?!?!..........

theh 10 year 100,000 mile warranty is strickly powertrain... so if you have a window motor failure, or shorted alternator, the powertrain warranty wont cover it... dont let the commercials fool you...they can be tricky...

I bought it used that is why the warranty is up....but things should go ok...even after all this **** I still will only buy a BMW...I love how they ride and look....just my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by palequail
    I bought it used that is why the warranty is up....but things should go ok...even after all this **** I still will only buy a BMW...I love how they ride and look....just my thing.

good for you...stick to your guns...you found something you like and your gonna keep it that way..
    much respect.....

good for you...stick to your guns...you found something you like and your gonna keep it that way..
    much respect.....
    thanks buddy..where I live just about everyone has a BMW or a Mercedes..so getting them worked on isn't that bad...plus I believe they are reliable and not lemons like everyone says....but just like every kind of car you need to maintiain it....

BigBoi83 is offline Associate Member
    beemers are awsome, but they have way to many electrical problems, at leats in mine. ive heard a lot of the e30 model beemers have this problem
    and honsetly i have to say honda is the best bhuy. i have an 88 prelude with 250k on it that can still tear up the road

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    My mom drove a 1999 323i (i think thats what yours was)... was in the shop several times, but for weird glitches (window doesn't work, weird light wont stop flashing, funny sound). She put 85,000km on it with nothing too be considered a 'problem'.

BigBoi83 is offline Associate Member
    yeah i got the same wierd problems on mine. but mines an 87. things lit up like christmas tree inside but runs great

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    i feel no pain for a bros BMW blowing up... **** man i can hardly afford sause, food and supps

ft-

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    i will never buy a german, korean or american car. For my first i'm looking at an acura tl. Too much snow in new england for a rear drive to be your main vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by floyd_turbo
    i feel no pain for a bros BMW blowing up... **** man i can hardly afford sause, food and supps

ft-

Just hard work my friend...I'm a full time student and work full time...but hey work hard and play harder...

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palequail
    Just hard work my friend...I'm a full time student and work full time...but hey work hard and play harder...
    all good bro, thats a sweet ride ... what are you taking in school?
    thats a huge commitment with work, school and training... you got my props

ft-

Thread Information