Tock is offline Anabolic Member

More search & seizure issues . . .

I read in yesterday's Dallas paper, that the Federal Court of Appeals in New Orleans ruled that police can do a cursory search of your home/apt to look for safety problems without a search warrant, and if they see something you shouldn't have, they can take it as evidence and use it against you in court.

So, if the neighbor's house has a gas leak, or had a roof fire, they can walk through your place to make sure you don't have any safety problems. Should they notice a vial or whatever, or catch you while cooking up a fresh batch of magic, it's tough toenails for you.

I suppose I should point out that this is a conservative court, so y'all who bad mouth liberal judges know which side to thank for the further erosion of your right to privacy.

-Tock

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Dang, that's scary stuff... little by little our rights keep getting taken away.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    i beginning to enjoy counting how many times the constitution has been walked on in the last couple of years. whats worse is that i keep hearing things like "they wont abuse their power" and the like. to me the point is that the constitution has served this country well for a couple hundred years now, but in our panic and fear from the last couple of years we have, as a society, been perfectly willing to walk away from our fundamental freedoms to increase our illusion of safety. this is just another example of a flagrent foul by the powers that be.
    sometimes you hope the sheep will wake up and realize they are being led in the wrong direction.

palequail is offline Banned
    i can't believe that....there are so many things that need more attention

decadbal is offline Banned
    thats what we get for not standin up for our rights....call your congressman before it reaches you......

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    A good lawyer would have that thrown out SO QUICK if they found anything. At least in CALIF that wont happen. I think.....

Thread Information