stack-a-licious is offline Associate Member

Mark Prior on Roids??? D@MN MEDIA!!

This reporter is just an idiot... its people like him that cause sooooo much trouble..

MESA, Ariz. -- Chicago Cubs pitcher Mark Prior scoffed at statements made Thursday that he has used steroids and that is the reason why his strained right Achilles tendon is not healing.
    Jack McDowell, a Cy Young winner who pitched for the Chicago White Sox, New York Yankees, Cleveland Indians and Anaheim Angels from 1987-99, told Sporting News Radio and the Chicago Sun-Times that Prior's slow recovery is a sign of steroid use .

"He has a tendon injury that's not healing," McDowell said. "You shouldn't have a problem like that that doesn't heal in a month. That's what happens to guys who use steroids ."

McDowell then said he wasn't "suspicious" of Prior, "but that's one of the tell-tale things. What happens with steroids is the muscles get too strong for the tendons. You have a lot of tendon blowouts or tendinitis that doesn't heal."

Prior, an 18-game winner last year who will open the season on the disabled list, was surprised by McDowell's comments.

"Do I look like I'm on steroids?" he said Thursday. "That's the first I heard. Was he serious? I guess the best thing I can say is obviously I'm not; I don t know why he would say that.

"I never met the guy, I don't know the guy," Prior said. "I don't know if he's got a beef with me because I went to (USC) and he went to Stanford. That's about the worst thing I've ever heard. It doesn't even make any sense."

And it wasn't even an April Fool's Day joke.

"That's just a stupid comment," Prior said. "I could understand if he was making a joke but if he's dead serious, that's just stupid. I don't know why anyone would make a blanket statement like that, not knowing me, never having played with me. It's just ignorant."

Cubs manager Dusty Baker was even more incredulous.

"How can you just say that?" Baker said. "That's pitiful. I have no comment to that other than that's pitiful."

Prior underwent a bone scan and MRI on his elbow and ankle Monday and received a clean bill of health. He hoped to resume throwing this weekend.

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    that pisses me off, if he is on steriods he got fake ones because he is tiny.

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    McDowell is jealous cause his pitching will and never can amount to Prior's....

Mr. Death is offline Senior Member
    Jack McDowell is a stupid bitch. Shut the **** up Jack.

BigBull13 is offline Associate Member
    What does he need roids for he is dominating without them, let alone the fact that he is a skinny guy

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTommy
    that pisses me off, if he is on steriods he got fake ones because he is tiny.
    he's tiny ?? and he would want to be huge for what reason ??

bet he's got bigger calves than you do.

50%Natural is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBull13
    What does he need roids for he is dominating without them, let alone the fact that he is a skinny guy
    yeah key, i'm with you. When I was at that spring training game, the pitchers aren't skinny. They look like big normal guys. I'll tell you they aren't small...but who even really cares? Yeah, Jack Mcdowell is an idiot though

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    Pedro Martinez is a pretty big pitcher in person, but he shure does look alot smaller in games on TV.

gtrickz is offline New Member
    can taking steroids cause some muscles not to heal if you get hurt? just wondering thx

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Death
    Jack McDowell is a stupid bitch. Shut the **** up Jack.

Thread Information