groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member

Tito got his azz beat

I am glad Tito got ko'd by Liddell, just wish I could have been there. Can't wait till Pride comes to the US, I will be going to the first show for sure.

monster. is offline Anabolic Member
    I heard the same thing last night!!!!! I missed it!!! Damit

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    that guy finally got KO'd?? Good stuff, I bet liddell feels like a million bucks.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Ya u could see in Chucks eyes he was ready to kick some Tito ars. I also cant believe Lawler got knocked out too.

The next UFC with Shamrock and Kemo should be a good one!

OG

Lawler is overrated anyway. Yeah he can throw some good leather but thats it.

decadbal is offline Banned
    hey, watch out, carlos will take this thread as anti-hispanic and sue...lol

Xavier_4446 is offline Senior Member
    I was really impressed with the Andrei auloulski (spelling obviously) that cabbage lost too.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Ice Man owned tito big time!!

LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    I am glad Tito got ko'd by Liddell, just wish I could have been there. Can't wait till Pride comes to the US, I will be going to the first show for sure.

I was there watching it live! I couldn't believe chuck dropped him like that! It was awesome... I didn't really care who won so I was just pumped to see something like that. God I love living in vegas lol

Mike

palequail is offline Banned
    and tiki got locked up like a fag...i'm pissed both the cali boys lost....****

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    Darn i dint see that fight. Im glad chuck won. He deserved it. Tito on the other hand had it coming to him. if only he worked on his stand-up he may have had a chance. Either way im sure there will be a rematch and im pretty sure tito will be more prepared.

Spoon

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Quote Originally Posted by palequail
    and tiki got locked up like a fag...i'm pissed both the cali boys lost....****
    Both Cali boyz lost? Liddel, Kyle and Diaz are all from Cali...

It'll take Chuck awhile before he gets another title fight. I'd say that without a doubt Randy is the top light heavy weight right now and possibly the best pund for pound fighter in the ufc. Shamrock has his work cut out for him. I think Kimo is gonna trash him. I really like Ken but I saw him 2 weeks ago and he's is good shape but can't weigh more than 220. Kimo is a big boy and has looked very impressive lately in both the UFC and K1. Diaz smoked Lawler. Sure Diaz is a Gracie fighter but he does work on his standup often with some very good guys. He was training with us about a month ago and the kid is tough as hell on his feet. That **** Cabbage has a wicked Jaw. I'll bet that fight could have gone on longer. that would scare me to kick a guy in the face and then land a couple more shots on him and have him not even break his rythm. He took some knees and all kinds of crap and that boy would not go down or turn his head. I thought Arlovski was gonna break his hand before he hurt Cabbage. Sims is a punk. I can't see Mike being able to bite him with a mouth piece in but even if he did, big **** deal. Sims is a prick and a dirty fighter himself. Besides, he may have lost a point but Kyle still knocked his ass out...

I agree I will have to take Kimo, Ken is more apt to get winded. As far as Sims his MMA career won't last much longer. Diaz took Lawlers own game plan right too him, probally suprised Lawler.

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Loved the lawler knockout. That will be on some highlight films. I hope Ken makes a good match of it. Kinda reminds me of George Foreman, keep coming back for more. I hope it isn't embarrasing for him. I loved that Kimo/Royce fight. To see little Royce wear down a guy so much bigger and stronger than him was amazing.
    Last edited by scottp999; 04-05-2004 at 10:35 AM.

CarbonCopy is offline Member
    I like old Shamrock, but I think he should stay out of the ring. I hated seeing him get a beat down from tito!! Randy is the man right now and I'd love to see a rematch between him and Chuck. Isn't Randy going to rematch with Vitor Belfort? If Vitor Belfort shows up ready to fight, it could be an explosive event! Too bad their last fight ended so quickly because of the cut on Randy's eye.

Later,

CC

peregrine is offline Junior Member
    im gonna chime in here and say that i think shamrock is a much more refined fighter than kimo and the fight will go his way. kimo looked like absolute sh*t when he fought sapp and ken will have the mental edge in this one since he already owned kimo back in brazil. was anyone else disappointed with the eves edwards fight? that guy is usually such an entertaining fighter. they were in open stance the entire time they were standing and eves failed to throw one high kick. im glad he won the decision but i hope his next fight is more explosive.

I don't think it will be that easy for Kenny, Kimo has Jesus on his side, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by peregrine
    im gonna chime in here and say that i think shamrock is a much more refined fighter than kimo and the fight will go his way. kimo looked like absolute sh*t when he fought sapp and ken will have the mental edge in this one since he already owned kimo back in brazil. was anyone else disappointed with the eves edwards fight? that guy is usually such an entertaining fighter. they were in open stance the entire time they were standing and eves failed to throw one high kick. im glad he won the decision but i hope his next fight is more explosive.
    Did we wathc the same fight? The Sapp Kimo fight was rigged. They called a time out when sapps leg buckled. He was done right there. Kimo beat the hell out of him. Ken is also fighting at light heavyweight which means kimo has 50lbs on him...

Humanimal is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    Loved the lawler knockout. That will be on some highlight films. I hope Ken makes a good match of it. Kinda reminds me of George Foreman, keep coming back for more. I hope it isn't embarrasing for him. I loved that Kimo/Royce fight. To see little Royce wear down a guy so much bigger and stronger than him was amazing.
    Wasn't Royce pulling on Kimo's hair half the time?

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Quote Originally Posted by Humanimal
    Wasn't Royce pulling on Kimo's hair half the time?
    Nothing wrong with that. In the early days of UFC it was as close to a street fight as possible. A couple of the only rules were no biting or eye gouging. Now the list of rules is huge. Look at all those knockout highlights and you see grounded apponents getting hit with knees and elbows when that isn't even allowed anymore. Pride has a couple less rules than the UFC. I used to love the no weight class aspect of UFC. That's long gone to.

I loved seeing Kimo's guard being passed with ease by a guy 80lbs less than him. He was so weak at the end he could barley tap. Royce was also spent, it was a great match. I think Royce has always been clean and skinny where Kimo had a lot of weight and strength from AS (and hard work in the gym).
    Last edited by scottp999; 04-07-2004 at 05:37 AM.

Thread Information