Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gangta Rap

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired

Gangta Rap

Hi bros, i was watching Bill O'Rilly the other night and he was talking about the dangers of gangta rap and how it affects the black community....these two other black ppl said its not that bad blah, blah. When will ppl learn that this gangta rap sh!t needs to be dealt with? its downright garbage and promotes a very negative image of blacks. what do u guys think?

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    I love 'gangsta rap', and Im white. But what people need to realize is that al least 75% of it is a front, I think people need to stop taking music so seriously. I use music to pump up at the gym and get angry so i can lift more but me getting angry from listening to 'gangsta rap' doesnt mean Im going to go and kill someone. It does kind of put a bad image on black people, your right, but thats just b/c people are ignorent.

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    So rock songs like Ii'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me" and "I hate eveything about you" put up a positive image. I am so sick of people puting the blame on anything but their own actions. EVERYTHING has a negitive influance on someone.

Thats the problem bro alot of black youth don't think like you, lets look at 50 cent "get rich or die tryin" alot of us follow that line.....and die tryin. belive me bro ALOT of black listen to this vile sh!t and try to copy these assholes.....u hardly ever hear "black kids apply yourself and get an education" but u will hear lyrics promoting drugs, guns and sh!t.

outlaw!!

i don't think we should have to go THAT far but somthing needs to be done but few ppl are willing to do it.....if your black and speak out your an uncle tom, if your white a nazi.
    Quote Originally Posted by animal-inside
    gangster rap is a pile of ****ing dog ****.. because so many fuccckin kids are ruinning there lives because of it or dying it shoudl be fuccking outlawed...

gangster rap probably is the underlying cause for just as many deaths as coke per year....... and coke is banned because it can kill

and no....... hard core rock songs ie "killing in the name of" do not have the same effect...

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    really????? rap kills and hard rock has no negative effect?????? please inlighten me.
    l

hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by damiongage
    really????? rap kills and hard rock has no negative effect?????? please inlighten me. l
    no one said hard rock does'nt have a negative effect bro but thats not the issue here, don't get me wrong......i love hip-hop......i hate gangsta rap the two in't the same. i have one question for u, are u black? hope u don't mind me asking.

Rap gets on my nerves...

Gangata rap is just as moronic as any other "tough guy" wannabe bullshît.

Red

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Gangster rap is total ****. Look at all the fukin pathetic white kids walking around with crooked hats and giant $25 chains trying to stare everybody down..... its PATHETIC

So many people are molding their ****ing lives around this garbage music. I had to assault a wigger with 12" guns about ayear ago. Why are people so god**** stupid they think they live in a friggin rap video. Pull your fukin pants up and gain some self respect

Quote Originally Posted by RP7
    Gangster rap is total ****. Look at all the fukin pathetic white kids walking around with crooked hats and giant $25 chains trying to stare everybody down..... its PATHETIC

So many people are molding their ****ing lives around this garbage music. I had to assault a wigger with 12" guns about ayear ago. Why are people so god**** stupid they think they live in a friggin rap video. Pull your fukin pants up and gain some self respect
    A bit touchy are we?

BabyGirl01 is offline Female Member
    I absolutly HATE rap. I can not stand it. I think that the kids today are deffinitly effected by it becuase alot of the rap **** is saying "i stabbed this chick, killed the other one" its disgusting to me. They need to take it off the air completely. It's such a waste.

BG

decadbal is offline Banned
    cant spell CRAP, without RAP. hey if u wanna brag about stealin, sellin dope and treatin women like ****, then i guess we dont need to think you are a piece of dogsh1t, you showed us..... rappers are all bitchs, if they werent, they wouldnt need 22bodyguards. they will eliminate themselves.....poor tupac and biggie..

most of u guys say you HATE rap cuz of its lyrics but don't put it all in one. some rappers carry a positive message in their songs and some of the more popular rappers are even speaking out about the nasty lyrics of 50 cent and the like, as long as these ppl sell 1 mil copys a wk they won't stop spewing out sh!t. as a young black man i feel that ppl might see me as some drug dealer, gangta etc cuz of this stipid part of "our culture".

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    most of u guys say you HATE rap cuz of its lyrics but don't put it all in one. some rappers carry a positive message in their songs and some of the more popular rappers are even speaking out about the nasty lyrics of 50 cent and the like, as long as these ppl sell 1 mil copys a wk they won't stop spewing out sh!t. as a young black man i feel that ppl might see me as some drug dealer, gangta etc cuz of this stipid part of "our culture".
    See the title of the thread

RockyX is offline Senior Member
    i'd rather hear about slapping b!tches and riding bentleys than some of the hardcore rock sh!t "Kill yourself do it now" type stuff. WTF? Rap gives a negative image to blacks??? I'm Italian, does the Sopranos give me a negative image? People look too deep into this sh!t. Outlaw rap? If we do that than I **** sure better see any game with any sort of violence off the shelves. If we can watch violence and even virtually participate in it, why can't we listen to it?

bigbouncinballs is offline Senior Member
    gotta blame the idiots, not the rappers. if someone is naive and impressionable enough to emulate and idolize people that glorify violence, then that person is the problem.

shadowman25 is offline Associate Member
    rp7 said it best. If all the wiggers would take off the faggott gold chains and pull up their pants the world would be alot less annoying place to live.
    Would make it alot easier for decent people to live their life without having to worry about getting an assault charge for slappin'up punks everytime they leave the house.
    Seriously I'm from Detroit and when I see rich Florida kids trying to battle-rhyme I laugh myself to death.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Thanks shadowman......

Obviously you guys have points in saying "rock music is like this too" and "violence in the media/TV/video games".... what you're not seeing is how widespread the rap culture is. If one out of 10 kids who played Doom tried to or threatened to shoot someone there would be a problem.

One out of 10 kids (at least in my view) who listens to rap becomes immersed in this lame excuse for a culture. This therin lies the problem.... the 'epidemic' size of it. Materialism, violence, gangs and drugs is not a message we need promoted more.

Sure the Sopranos is like that... but you dont see kids walking around thinking they're Tony now do you.

Hehe, everyone's gonna have they're own views I suppose. Personally, I'm not a wigger. I don't wear wigger clothes, but I do enjoy rap, even just the beats. Some of the beats are really tight. I will admit though, that when I see some dude like the dude from Malibu's Most Wanted...I just laugh my ass off. But that comes with every type of music I guess. You've got the "thugz" from rap, the purple haired peirced everywhere freaks from rock, the flashy big hat big boot weareres from country, and the guys from queer eye for the straight guy from classical. Whatever the music, you will have some sort of stereotypical look that not everyone will like.

decadbal is offline Banned
    are you tellin me that here i go again by whitesnake doesnt have a phat ass beat to it....dam homie...wtf....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by RockyX
    i'd rather hear about slapping b!tches and riding bentleys than some of the hardcore rock sh!t "Kill yourself do it now" type stuff. WTF? Rap gives a negative image to blacks??? I'm Italian, does the Sopranos give me a negative image? People look too deep into this sh!t. Outlaw rap? If we do that than I **** sure better see any game with any sort of violence off the shelves. If we can watch violence and even virtually participate in it, why can't we listen to it?
    hell yeah rap gives us a bad image...u have no idea when i was living with my dad most the white ppl would act all ****ed up trying to talk "black"....i don't talk like that...or the classic "u know where i can get some weed?" WTF....i guess my looks give me away in a sense cuz i got tats, earrings and **** but ****.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    are you tellin me that here i go again by whitesnake doesnt have a phat ass beat to it....dam homie...wtf....LOL
    LMAO

STUCKUP is offline Junior Member
    Rap Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STUCKUP is offline Junior Member
    Wood Good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Ketchup
    Rap gets on my nerves...

Gangata rap is just as moronic as any other "tough guy" wannabe bullshît.

Red

I agree.

What gets me is the people that stereotype country music, but love "gangsta" rap. I'll agree most country songs you can hear the whole song in about two words and know everything about it. Rap is the same way,only I can tell you exactly what its going to say before it even starts. Take out "yo" "gangsta" "beeeetch" "thug" "ni**a" and you have a bunch of guys in lowriders rolling around like headless chickens because they have nothing to say...

Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    What gets me is the people that stereotype country music, but love "gangsta" rap. I'll agree most country songs you can hear the whole song in about two words and know everything about it. Rap is the same way,only I can tell you exactly what its going to say before it even starts. Take out "yo" "gangsta" "beeeetch" "thug" "ni**a" and you have a bunch of guys in lowriders rolling around like headless chickens because they have nothing to say...

My bad I also forgot "I'm rich and I got a big d*ck yo"

cb25 is offline Banned
    i'll say this. don't apply your feelings on mainstream pop-rap, or "gangta" rap...to other brands of hip hop...

there are rappers who have things to say, can do so effectively...without creating a negative image for themselves, or anyone in general...

hip hop can be creative...it can be just as inspiring and meaningful as the types of music that you listen to...not for everybody, but for plenty of people.

Shortyrock13 is offline Associate Member
    I like gangsta rap, but I don't like it when rappers try to portray it as "real". It's entertainment plain and simple. Don't grab mic and speak about being tuff and hard and held down when you're being protected by bodyguards and rolling in a super hot whip.
    I love reading the Source or XXL and reading the EMAILS sent in from readers who buy into the whole thug life nonsense. If you're sending emails you're not suffering and you're not that hard.

RP7
    RP7 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shortyrock13
    If you're sending emails you're not suffering and you're not that hard.

"But yo n***a I stole this motherfukin computa!"

My bad that was uncalled for.

Shortyrock13 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyX
    and the guys from queer eye for the straight guy from classical. Whatever the music, you will have some sort of stereotypical look that not everyone will like.

some classical is tuff.... Wagner (pronounced w/ a V), though I don't agree with him on a political/personal lvl, had some tuff stuff... John williams of star wars fame(imperial march, duel of the fates) has some tough stuff, and carmina burana (o fortuna) is pretty pumped as well.

The queer eye group listens to show tunes totally different.

some classical =

all show tunes =

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Remember, opinions are like (__!__)holes, everybody has one.

These opinions will not change what is in the music industry today, nor will they ever. All genres are HUGE money making enterprises, do you think they care about what the message is? No, not at all, and you can't really do squat about it either, as it's freedom of expression/speech.

Hell, even Britney Spears/Aguilera/Beyonce/etc., and all of the sexual videos give young girls a bad message, and could get many of them into lots of trouble, but yet all of the "adult" men just love these videos, nothing wrong there RIGHT??? Keep the sex pumpin', but the ganster **** has to go?? Yeah, that's reality.........

ANY kind of music can have a negative affect. If you are singling out ONE form of music, perhaps it's best you ask yourself why you are doing such things.

~SC~

bitta is offline Associate Member
    we live in america dont ban any music just know it sucks!

allsaucedup is offline Member
    if anyone hear actually listened to rap they would relize that gangster rap is dead. It has been for a few years. all the rap that is out now is about girls cars or jewelry. no all rap does not produce a positive message but niether does all country, or all hard rock or all heavy metal. if you dont like it dont listen my .02

Very true, I was trying to think of a rap song out now that had any violence at all in it....and seriously can't think of one..all about money and girls these days. Just like everything else.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I hate rap and everything about it's fragmented hip hop sub culture..but do not think it is any worse than a specific movie genre or other music genere...hell Clockwork made evry nerd on the planet want to be a psycho..all the D&D cartoons and games make geeks really believe that they were elves and wizards! So if an inner city crack baby or suburban white kid with fetal alcohol syndrome thinks he is a gangster because EZ-E was..more power to them. Helps the Law Enforcement agencies identify the enemy...keeps 'em picking through my trash...or stealing my hub caps!
    Last edited by BamaSlamma; 04-08-2004 at 11:59 AM.

Now come on, do you really think it's right to stereotype everybody who listens to rap or hip hop as trash and a criminal? I love hip hop. But just because I listen to hip hop or rap doesn't mean I'm going to go out an cause trouble and act like a thug. That was kinda harsh bro...whoo

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Yeah, what da f*ck do I need hubcaps for?

I got spinners!

~SC~

mass junkie is offline banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

I got spinners!

~SC~
    Bull****...prove it

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwoleCat

I got spinners!

~SC~

I drive a Fiat 500...not a possibility for me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information