BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Yeah, i'm on a film kick today...

...was cleaning up around here and dug up a lot of my old texts from some film studies courses i took....it's got me all about film today. Here's a link to a trailer which is getting some incredible buzz in and of itself. Several film buffs are calling the trailer alone a work of filmic masterpiece. I don't know that I'd go that far, but I've not looked forward to a movie release like I have this one.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_se...tate/high.html

cb25 is offline Banned
    Until now, i've never heard of it...but the trailer alone has me intrigued...

I'm curious to see what it's all about (beyond what i can read from the trailer)...something i'll definitely go see.

plus, it's got the kid from scrubs...

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    Until now, i've never heard of it...but the trailer alone has me intrigued...

I'm curious to see what it's all about (beyond what i can read from the trailer)...something i'll definitely go see.

plus, it's got the kid from scrubs...
    It's supposedly about a guy who goes back to his hometown for the first time in ten years after his mother dies. Strangely enough, it's being described as a romantic comedy but with a depth to it normally lacking in films of that genre. I'v heard there may be an advanced screening at Woods Hole Film Festival down at the cape (i think that's late spring?).

cb25 is offline Banned
    Interesting...the trailer made it seem as if things were happening around him that he just couldn't feel (hence the speeding scenes while he's in slow-mo)...i would assume that's somehow related to his mother's death and his dealing with it...

your take?

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    im no movie buff, but it looks like something ill go see. Ill be done with clomid by then so i wont cry during it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    Interesting...the trailer made it seem as if things were happening around him that he just couldn't feel (hence the speeding scenes while he's in slow-mo)...i would assume that's somehow related to his mother's death and his dealing with it...

your take?
    I'll agree with that for sure. I think the most impactful scene in that trailer is the plane getting its ass kicked by the turbulence and the guy is just completely 'blank' and seemingly oblivious. Though, that being said, much of this could be interpreted as him being the *only* person in the 'film' (ie, trailer) who actually can feel, and it's the rest of the cast speeding along, reacting impulsively, etc that doesn't truly "feel". But you are right, he's just painted as so 'numb'...

zx7racing is offline Senior Member
    looks like a really good film- not that i'm a critic..
    if you like the thought provoking type movies (a friend of mine said it was just trippy) check this trailer out.. its also on DVD at any blockbuster...
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_se...king_life.html

Quote Originally Posted by zx7racing
    looks like a really good film- not that i'm a critic..
    if you like the thought provoking type movies (a friend of mine said it was just trippy) check this trailer out.. its also on DVD at any blockbuster...
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_se...king_life.html
    ****, that doesn't look bad at all...i'll be catching that sometime soon as well.

it really is a good flick- a friend of mine whos a psyc maj talked to me a bit about lucid dreaming and some technics that you can practice before and after you sleep to help take better advantage of your "down time".. like a mild meditation before sleep and taking notes of what you dreamed of the following morning, it takes a bit of dedication and time to get it down ( i havent acomplished it yet) but the same friend says she has near total control of her dreams..
    the movie isnt totally about dreaming and what not- it gives thought to a lot of philisophical ideas- and you really have to pay attention the the way the animation plays with the film ( it will be very precise at times and somewhat vauge at others- it plays on the role of the movie)... and you'll probably have to whatch it a few times, at least i did..
    also- watch it once, then whatch it agian with the directors comments caption- makes for a great "experience"...

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    i saw waking life last year... i suggest being high while watching this movie lol

it will only help.. ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    i saw waking life last year... i suggest being high while watching this movie lol

Sorken is offline Member
    hmmm...

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    While the topic is films, Blazing Saddles...had not seen that movie since some time back in the late 80's...good one.

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    down at the cape
    Fag.

Thread Information