Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LeanMeOut is offline Community Veteran
    Losing my GF of 4 years was pretty harsh.....
    Finding out my dad has cancer was pretty hard too....
    Having my jaw wired shut for 6 weeks and losing 30 pounds did a lot to me mentally too.

Gorgoroth_ is offline Associate Member
    When I was three years old my bio~logical mother kidnaped me and hid me with her family for about a month until my father came and took me. My mother did not really want me , infact the whole time I was in N.J with her family I recall seeing her only two or three times , and one of those times I saw her slutting around with three drunk red neck bastards .

My dad got me back , we went home , my parents got a divorce , my mother's drug problem got worse - she would call me wasted and cuss out my family members and she'd try to get me to say things that would hurt my father . My dad re-married two years later and my step-mom was a bitch to me . I moved in with my father for awhile , I couldn't stand my step-mother , she would get me in trouble with my father over stupid crap . I became ignored by my father unless I had " done something " and then he would chew me out ground me just to appease my step mother .

I was always put " last " in my family - my step mothers children came first , this became blantantly obvious and disguisted the rest of my family - so yea , I ended up moving back in with my grandmother . I was about 11 at this point . My mother started calling me again , she appeared to have cleaned up her act and settled down . She married a guy ten years older than he because he's loaded - he has his own plastic corp. In N.J . she seemed interested in getting involved in my life but that was short lived. I went to visit her at her place in N.J , up there she dissed me , basically called me a fat ass and seemed embraced of me , she told me everything that went wrong in her relationship with my father was his fault . She severed the small relationship I had established with her , and she weined me off my prozac , she said that it wouldn't help me and I think she threw most of my pills. I went home to grandma , my uncle was visiting me on vacation , he died my very first day of middle school. Soon after that my grandmother lost her house and we were forced to move back in with my dad whereupon my step mother treated me like **** again .

So basically , my entire childhood was very stressfull . I spared a lot of details and crap . But to be honest , I would not change a thing if I had the chance . My hardships have made me who I am .

HeavyHitter is offline Anabolic Member
    telling my father i got thrown off the wrestling team (almost thrown out of college)
    telling my dad i got arrested again (4th time)

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    Losing my girl of 3 years (might get her back though)

Whats the worst though is i have been watchin my father slowly die a little bit at a time over the last year, they said this might be his last x-mas this year....

The Baron is offline Fourth Koala of the Apocalypse
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    I've been pretty lucky in my life...but a couple things are still kinda burning in my head...

having a relationship (my fiance at the time) fall apart months before we were supposed to get married, having to move across country by myself (when i was supposed to have a partner) and losing some friends in the process...and shortly thereafter finding out how much i was lied to, cheated on and manipulated...i had never been betrayed before, so this one stung the worst...

this all happened more or less at the same time, so it made me dig a little deeper to get through...

that being said, i still consider myself lucky that this is all i can say...others have it much harder...
    Same for me. Most of my tragedies that affected me deeply had to do with betrayals in relationships. It gets a little easier as time goes by. You get numb sort of, after it happens a few times but it still sucks. I deal with death of friends and family, etc pretty well but the old knife-in-the-back hurts.

MASStermind is offline Banned
    gotta admit its over losing a girl and it was the old knife in the back as well. Not a day goes by where i dont think about it 100 times and its been a looooonnnnggggg time.

TooSmall is offline Associate Member
    i've been lucky for deaths as all my grandparents and parents are still kicking

hardest would have been when i was paralyzed for about a month a year and a half ago
    one day i was fine but sore the next day i was paralyzed from the neck down, really makes you appreciate things more

when i got caught selling drugs the look of shame on my parents face was pretty rough, i deserved it though....

AnabolicBoy1981 is offline Anabolic Member
    when the love of my life virgin girlfriend got mentally ill, left me, and became a hooker.

I hate bipolar disorder.

Rob
    Rob is offline Canadian Legend
    Getting drafted in the OHL when i was 16 (2 years ago), then getting injured and couldnt play for the season, the team let me go. But im back and in contract talks with another team, if my health is 100% i should be on the ice with them next year.If everything works out, im hoping of one day making it to the big leagues..

clchase is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    losing my mother when i was 17............
    Danielle, I lost my mom at 17, too.....unexpected and pretty tough to deal with. As a matter of fact, it was only lots of years later that I started dealing with it, and it still affects me now.

I am soory for everyones losses, heartaches and hardships, and happy for everyones gains, victories, and new beginnings.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by clchase
    I am soory for everyones losses, heartaches and hardships, and happy for everyones gains, victories, and new beginnings.

I guess on occasion, it sucks to be us. But that's the nature of this life . . . even rich comfortable people suffer from abusive relationships and betrayals and illness and death, so it's not like any one of us has a monopoly on tragedy.

Nevertheless, it sure feels like it when it happens to us . . . all we can really do is be helpful and supportive when we see it happen to somebody else.

Take care, y'all . . .

-Tock

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    i dont want to sound corny and all but it was when my first love left me. was devastated for months, i am still carrying scars 3 years later. although im cool know i am forever emotionally traumatized.

peump is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ItalianMuscle
    Intense Moment was seeing my daughter born..

me too

geoneo is offline Associate Member
    Intense moment for me was seeing my son born, especially since the doctor made me almost deliver my son with him overlooking the deleviry(he new i was a med student), the funniest thing was my wife they gave her to much Epidural anesthesia and she seemed like she was on cloud 9, she was like ahhhhhh look at his bum, its so small lol.

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Wow everyones had some hard stuff to deal with.. Then theres those who just make a joke of it lol.. I lost my niece when she was 4 and then my grandfather a week later.. It was pretty rough..

Reciever84 is offline Junior Member
    I've got a couple rough ones

I watched my little brother loose a tremendous battle with cancer (rabdo-mio-sarcoma) at the age of 11. I was 14 at the time. He battled unbelievabley for 3 years but it was too much. Tough kid!
    Now I'm 28 and had the most wonderful experience of watching my first and second child be born (a son & Daughter)they were extremely emotional and I remember crying a little and it was hard to contain myself.
    Getting married to my wife was also pretty emotional while she was walking down the isle.
    I thought cancer in my life was behind me and my children had a free ride due to the loss of my brother but last May 2004 my son, mentioned above, was diagnosed with a rare childhood cancer (neuro-blastoma) and given a 50/50 chance of survival. I think I probably cried for one full week and still do to this day over it. I'm praying that this is as emotional as it gets for me because should I loss him at the age of 3 I'll melt down for sure. I don't know if there could be anything worse then watching your child whither away to nothing while you just sit there unable to due anything to stop it. Some **** ain't fair.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Reciever84

I watched my little brother loose a tremendous battle with cancer (rabdo-mio-sarcoma) at the age of 11. I was 14 at the time. He battled unbelievabley for 3 years but it was too much. Tough kid!
    Now I'm 28 and had the most wonderful experience of watching my first and second child be born (a son & Daughter)they were extremely emotional and I remember crying a little and it was hard to contain myself.
    Getting married to my wife was also pretty emotional while she was walking down the isle.
    I thought cancer in my life was behind me and my children had a free ride due to the loss of my brother but last May 2004 my son, mentioned above, was diagnosed with a rare childhood cancer (neuro-blastoma) and given a 50/50 chance of survival. I think I probably cried for one full week and still do to this day over it. I'm praying that this is as emotional as it gets for me because should I loss him at the age of 3 I'll melt down for sure. I don't know if there could be anything worse then watching your child whither away to nothing while you just sit there unable to due anything to stop it. Some **** ain't fair.

The Dynasty is offline Junior Member
    Breaking up with the first love of my life

needmorestrength is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reciever84

My heart honestly goes out for you!

decadbal is offline Banned
    honestly, standing there with my dad until he died, it was the worst thing ever in my life, but im so glad i stayed thru the entire thing and till the end with him

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    My grandfather had alzheimer's. It was horrible watching him whither away to where i couldnt even recognize him. Eventually my parents had to put him in a home because my grandmother couldnt take care of him anymore. My mom and sister would get mad at me because i didnt want to visit him there. Thats NOT how i wanted to remember my grandfather i told them. He didnt look like himself, and he didnt even know who i was anymore. Its a horrible disease and i hope NO ONE has to go through with their family!

OG

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Both of my Grandmothers had conditions similar to Alzheimer's. My paternal Grandmother lived with us for several years. It was awful watching her condition deteriorate. It started as mild dementia, and by the end she was unable to recognize me. My mother is now showing many of the same signs of the disease that my Grandmother had. I agree with OG I hope NO ONE has to go through that with their family.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Living with my dad after my mom died.
    Battling social anxiety

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigen12
    Both of my Grandmothers had conditions similar to Alzheimer's. My paternal Grandmother lived with us for several years. It was awful watching her condition deteriorate. It started as mild dementia, and by the end she was unable to recognize me. My mother is now showing many of the same signs of the disease that my Grandmother had. I agree with OG I hope NO ONE has to go through that with their family.
    Im sorry to hear that bro!! Its a terrible, terrible disease! My mother is also showing slight signs of it also. It was my mom's father that had Alzheimer's. Im praying i wont have to go through that hell with her one day.

OG

Bigen12 is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    Im sorry to hear that bro!! Its a terrible, terrible disease! My mother is also showing slight signs of it also. It was my mom's father that had Alzheimer's. Im praying i wont have to go through that hell with her one day.

OG
    Thanks,
    Right now my mother, is extreamly forgetfull, but still pretty sharp, but this is exactly how this started with my grandmother.

Dimes is offline Senior Member
    having my dog of 7 years die.. I had to take him to put him to sleep, suckked!!

Huh . . .

It's interesting to see the same theme come up again and again, the toughest thing we go through is the loss of our loved ones.
    Goes to show ya what's really important in our lives . . .

-Tock

w_rballs is offline Anabolic Member
    i just went through the toughest thing... me and my girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up. doesnt seem loike long to others but we were soul mates, we knew from the get go something special was there.... Long story short, only problem is some chick called her and said i was ****ign her and she was from my gym(when i wasnt) and then she couldnt trust me. normally id have no problem gettting over **** like this, but i had just bought a ring and we were getting engaged the first of the year.this chick was something else, im only 22 and i was ready to spend the rest of my life with her and her son, and so was she ( that shoudl tell ya how much this girl meant to me , dont konw many 22 yr olds ready to do that) ive been in a major slump since then. ive tried to hide the pain by banging other chicks, but no matter what, all i can think about it her. it even started to affect my lifting for a while.

I did seek out help though, and went to my first therapy session yesterday. ( anyone else ever go to therapy for a chick?) hopefully this will help.

edit..... sorry bout the rant, but i had to get some **** off my chest
    Last edited by w_rballs; 12-11-2004 at 08:41 AM.

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    the death of my mother, i was at her side holding her hand when she passed

Casanova33 is offline Associate Member
    im just thankful i havent had to deal with the lost of any family yet in my life. when iwas young my moms sister died in a car wreck caused by her best friend who was drunk, the hard part of that is my whole family always tells me i look like her so much. my uncle also is a schizo and my family always tells me how much i act like him, that is not stuff i liked hearing while growing up.

hardest thing emotionally though was when i broke up with my first love, when we were broken up she told me she had my abortion then told me later that it was a lie and she just told me that to make me mad. a month after we broke up she accidentally told me that she was getting married to a guy she had been with for a month.

i know many people go through much tougher things in life im just thankful that this is the worst to happen to me so far.

angelxterminator is offline Senior Member

wel..

in a time span of roughly one year, this happened:
    2 uncles died from heroin overdoses
    1 uncle died from aids, not that it matters but he was gay
    1 uncle died from a drunk driver
    my brother was sent to prison for life without parole
    my parents were divorced
    i was expelled from high school
    drug charges were brought up on me and my house was raided
    and last but not least my maternal grandfather committed suicide in front of my whole family...

i was/still am an emotional wreck

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Gunshot wound to my left femur... that was horrible... 2 years to fully recover

KGBnine is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angelxterminator
    in a time span of roughly one year, this happened:
    2 uncles died from heroin overdoses
    1 uncle died from aids, not that it matters but he was gay
    1 uncle died from a drunk driver
    my brother was sent to prison for life without parole
    my parents were divorced
    i was expelled from high school
    drug charges were brought up on me and my house was raided
    and last but not least my maternal grandfather committed suicide in front of my whole family...

i was/still am an emotional wreck
    Thats rough bud, you know you always have ppl here for ya.

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    My whole childhood was f'ed up, but as an adult, the toughest thing I've been through was when I had a business fail which caused me to go into bankrupcy. I waited too long to pull the plug on the business and file for bankrupcy, because I think it's morally wrong not to pay your bills, but I had no other way out.

It's not just a money thing, it's the overwhelming feeling of failure, that you tried your ****dest but couldn't make something work, that you let your family down and now they are suffering because of you. The bill collectors calling, "friends" suddenly not dropping by anymore, showing up at the bank once a week with your hat in your hand asking for more time to pay your bills, wondering if if all the previous financial success you had was just a fluke, wondering if life would ever get back to normal.
    Last edited by elicotton; 12-11-2004 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elicotton
    My whole childhood was f'ed up, but as an adult, the toughest thing I've been through was when I had a business fail which caused me to go into bankrupcy. I waited too long to pull the plug on the business and file for bankrupcy, because I think it's morally wrong not to pay your bills, but I had no other way out.

It's not just a money thing, it's the overwhelming feeling of failure, that you tried your ****dest but couldn't make something work, that you let your family down and now they are suffering because of you. The bill collectors calling, "friends" suddenly not dropping by anymore, showing up at the bank once a week with your hat in your hand asking for more time to pay your bills, wondering if if all the previous financial success you had was just a fluke, wondering if life would ever get back to normal.

Ya, bankruptcy sucks . . . keep in mind, though, that lots of millionairres went bankrupt before making the big time. If you learned from your mistakes, you'll be ready to go onward and upward.

Robert Ringer wrote a series of books about stuff like this a while back, "Looking out for #1" and "Winning through Intimidation," available at www.amazon.com for cheap. I can recommend it highly . . .

Good luck,

-Tock

Bryan2 is offline Supplement Guru
    Yeah I got some messed up stories also.

My bro has had problems with drugs in the past pretty much anything he can get ahold of meth and then aerosol inhailants are what finally did him in now hes clinically insane and I have to watch over him its been about 6 months of that trying to get him state aid and such for meds to bring him back to semi normality.

Id say the toughest thing though would be the car accident I got into T-Boned in the driver side by a truck. Borken hip(could not walk for 7 months). Broken ribs, punctured lung from one of those ribs. Broken Jaw,Had it wired for 6 weeks and lost a lot of weight brought me down to 121 pounds. On the 5th of next month I finally get to have my last surgery for this it will make number 7. This was the worst thing ive ever had to go through physically. The Bad part about it is it took all of this just for me to realize that pretty much all of the friends and loved ones i held admiration for let me down and really showed there true selves during this time.

I lost pretty much most of my friends of years and years of friendships. Now the bills are collecting up I think it totalled out over 120 thousand bucks. Thankfully I had insurance and only have to pay 3000 or so of that.

Anyways its comming up on two years since that and i finally now am feeling as close as im gonna get to the person i used to be. So basically loosing every solid ground in my life and dealing with the sever depression and post traumatic stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    Ya, bankruptcy sucks . . . keep in mind, though, that lots of millionairres went bankrupt before making the big time. If you learned from your mistakes, you'll be ready to go onward and upward.

Robert Ringer wrote a series of books about stuff like this a while back, "Looking out for #1" and "Winning through Intimidation," available at www.amazon.com for cheap. I can recommend it highly . . .

Good luck,

-Tock
    Thanks bro, I'll check out the books. That all started over 7 years ago and lasted about a year and a half. It's been a long trip back, but I'm now in the best financial shape of my life. I guess you always look for reasons why stuff happened the way it did, like was there some kind of cosmic purpose, etc.

Up till then, things seemed to come easy to me. Academics, sports, girl chasing, partying, professional success, it all came easy to me. Not that i never worked hard at things, it was just that if I did work hard, I had always been successful, and had began to take that for granted. Then this happened, and it was like all the prior success was some kind of joke, like it was a cosmic set-up to make the failure more painful.

I'm a lot different person now because of this.

1. Peoples opinions of me really don't matter anymore. I don't mean this in a smartazz or bitter way, it's just that when I saw how fickle people can be when your not some golden boy anymore, I realized how much others opinions of me had driven my behaviour. I had wasted a lot of energy trying to please people and not let them down. I was an extremely popular person who had a lot of "friends", most of whom couldn't hide there delight at my troubles.

Now, I am deeply concerned that my wife and children respect me and know I love them deeply, but everyone else can bite my azz. I'm very comfortable with who I am now.

2. I'm much more patient. It's taken a long time to come out of all this, but we did it one small step at a time. Now when problems come, I'm much less likely to hit the panic button and look for a quick way out. Now I know I can weather the storm.

3. I'm more driven than before. I work and fight harder than I did before. I will do whatever I got to to not be in that position again.

4. This may sound strange, but I'm more confident now. It's like I've been through more **** (going all the way back to my childhood) than most people would experience in two lifetimes, and I've clawed my way to (relative) sucess. Now for instance, when I'm facing some pretty boy corporate suit in the conference room, I know I'm tougher than he is because of all I've worked through, and in arguments and power struggles with guys like that, i can out last them. Like during heated discussions, I can tell most people are getting stressed out as hell long before I feel any stress at all. I wasn't always this way, and I think it is because of all this crap I've been through.

5. I don't take success for granted anymore.

BTW, if anyone is still reading this, my heart goes out to those who have lost children. I simply can't imagine how horroble this must be.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan2
    Yeah I got some messed up stories also.

My bro has had problems with drugs in the past pretty much anything he can get ahold of meth and then aerosol inhailants are what finally did him in now hes clinically insane and I have to watch over him its been about 6 months of that trying to get him state aid and such for meds to bring him back to semi normality.

Id say the toughest thing though would be the car accident I got into T-Boned in the driver side by a truck. Borken hip(could not walk for 7 months). Broken ribs, punctured lung from one of those ribs. Broken Jaw,Had it wired for 6 weeks and lost a lot of weight brought me down to 121 pounds. On the 5th of next month I finally get to have my last surgery for this it will make number 7. This was the worst thing ive ever had to go through physically. The Bad part about it is it took all of this just for me to realize that pretty much all of the friends and loved ones i held admiration for let me down and really showed there true selves during this time.

I lost pretty much most of my friends of years and years of friendships. Now the bills are collecting up I think it totalled out over 120 thousand bucks. Thankfully I had insurance and only have to pay 3000 or so of that.

Anyways its comming up on two years since that and i finally now am feeling as close as im gonna get to the person i used to be. So basically loosing every solid ground in my life and dealing with the sever depression and post traumatic stress.
    Hang in there bro. PM me if I can do anything for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information