Thread: dog help

ttuPrincess Guest

dog help

Ok Coldstone has finally given in and is going to let me get a dog.
    I want a little dog... yes, a girly dog....preferably one you find at shelters often, becaue those animals are just overall more loveable and know there lives were saved (my cat for example!!)... also a breed that is smart and can be trained to do tricks, and I want one thats loveable, and likes to be held.... anyone have suggestions?

Im not getting it till the summer, but Im looking now.

Thanks guys..
    HBP

cb25 is offline Banned
    oh Coldstone, what have you done?

princess, i'd go to the Humane Society to pick out a dog...hard to pick a specific breed, but you can do it, it may take some time though...

good luck...and have fun

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    Ok Coldstone has finally given in and is going to let me get a dog.
    I want a little dog... yes, a girly dog....preferably one you find at shelters often, becaue those animals are just overall more loveable and know there lives were saved (my cat for example!!)... also a breed that is smart and can be trained to do tricks, and I want one thats loveable, and likes to be held.... anyone have suggestions?

Im not getting it till the summer, but Im looking now.

Thanks guys..
    HBP
    Yes, I have a suggestion. Don't get a pure bread dog. Go to the shelter, pick one by the look in it's eyes, and just make sure before you take it that it's not going to grow to be big (you can usually tell from their paws, but to be safe ask the vet). The mixed breeds (not pure ones) tend to be healthier, smarter, and their look is unique. If you plan to train the dog you need one that's under 6 months old because that's about the age they start training.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Ok when do you want me??? lol Oh, and I do lots of tricks...lol you know until you find a "small girl dog"

decadbal is offline Banned
    wait, is something going on with you and CS?

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    wait, is something going on with you and CS?
    umm for a long time now hun!!!

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25

princess, i'd go to the Humane Society to pick out a dog..
    im gonna get one from a shelter, but I don't know anything about little dogs.. I have had a pit, a lab, german shepard, doby.. all big dogs, but we live in an apartment, and have a cat also, so i need to learn about small dogs

decadbal is offline Banned
    dam im asleep

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    Get a weener dog haha, i like to call them lowrider dogs too. Since i got rid of my rott a while back, i think im gonna get me a pitbull once im settled in the military for a while if i have the time...

5211969 is offline Banned
    Pomeranian, They are small dogs that can learn tricks easy, I had one from 8wks old. It used to chase the deer in our yard and used to chase my brother in laws rottie..LOL that was a site to see..

Pure breeds are the best way to go. no need wondering what it is in case a problem should arise later down the road. They have a great dissposition, they want attention..They love to be loved and to love. They are an excellent dog,

General Appearance
    The Pomeranian is a compact, short-backed, active toy dog. He has a soft, dense undercoat with a profuse harsh-textured outer coat. His heavily plumed tail is set high and lies flat on his back. He is alert in character, exhibits intelligence in expression, is buoyant in deportment, and is inquisitive by nature. The Pomeranian is cocky, commanding, and animated as he gaits. He is sound in composition and action

Temperament
    The Pomeranian is an extrovert, exhibiting great intelligence and a vivacious spirit, making him a great companion dog as well as a competitive show dog.

Good Luck

ttuPrincess Guest
    i read up on Pomeranians, and they seem like a nice idea, but maybe a bit to girly for what Im looking for....

Oh the other hand.. I think one of these will do just fine!!!
    http://aolsvc.decisionguides.aol.com...119&query=none

anyone have one?? any comments??

HBP

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Woof Woof...Bow Wow Wow.....Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thread Information