Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'

Just got my tat! Having difficulty working ot

Just got my haida Thunderbird tat on my right upper back. About the size of a mousepad. i got it two days ago and decided to work out today. I couldnt do any back, chest exercises becase they would stretch the area where my tat is. should i lower the intensity of my lifts or just stop working out til it heals. Yo guys with tats, some feedback?

Spoon

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Stop working out. The scab will be gone soon. You have the tattoo for the rest of your life, don't mess it up for the sake of a few days away from the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Stop working out. The scab will be gone soon. You have the tattoo for the rest of your life, don't mess it up for the sake of a few days away from the gym.
    Hasnt scabbed yet. I guess it makes perfect sense since stretching the area can disrupt he scab and thus make the color fade. i guess il just stick to cardio and leg workouts. Thanks bouncer!

Spoon

decadbal is offline Banned
    def rest and keep it lotioned up bro..

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    dont work out till its healed, usually takes about 2 weeks but ive found that around a week and a half of so i can usually go back to the gym. not only will you be effecting the healing process by pressing on it and stuff like that while working out, but your immune system will be taxed even more because of muscle recovery from the gym and trying to heal the huge cut you recieved while getting the tattoo at the same time. yes they are just little needle holes but add them all up and thats alot of healing the body has to do

youll make your immune system feel like the US military, its starting to get spread out to thin to do its job to the fullest lol

Prime is offline Naturally perfect
    what a haida thunderbird anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime
    what a haida thunderbird anyway?
    Its a north american indian design. same thing you see in totem poles and the like. Abstract tribal eagle with a lot of symbols.

Spoon

Quote Originally Posted by jcstomper
    dont work out till its healed, usually takes about 2 weeks but ive found that around a week and a half of so i can usually go back to the gym. not only will you be effecting the healing process by pressing on it and stuff like that while working out, but your immune system will be taxed even more because of muscle recovery from the gym and trying to heal the huge cut you recieved while getting the tattoo at the same time. yes they are just little needle holes but add them all up and thats alot of healing the body has to do

youll make your immune system feel like the US military, its starting to get spread out to thin to do its job to the fullest lol
    Bouncer pretty much summed it up. its going to with me for life whats a couple of weeks of the iron? its just so hard to get of the gym when you have strict mental regimen of always being consistent Hehe guess i have two weeks to concentarte on my cardio and diet. oh and more time to keep my new skin art moist and clean. Thanks bro!

Spoon

Thread Information