Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    hate to say it but Bush's position on that reflects base reality - Israel is not going to ever agree to go all the way back to its old borders and since they fought a couple of unprovoked wars to get them, I can see why - they cant allow return into Israel or they will be in the minority so why not just change Israels name to Palestine? those things are unrealistic - the final area of the wall is still in play - but the real question is whether the PLO can actually run a real government when they have a territory - and the truth is, they dont want one because then their own people would not allow them to steal while not giving any services - they couldnt blame it all on Israel anymore

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    Tock, either you don't read what I post, or you lack the knowledge to answer me, but for some reason you keep repeating the same things over and over ignoring facts that are presented to you. Do I have to drag you down to Egypt and introduce you to Muslim Brotherhood members so that an Arab (who are the only ones you seem to believe) will tell you they have hated your guts before Israel was a state? Is that what it will take to make you stop repeating the same chant over and over about how Israel is the cause of hatred of the Arabs for the US? You sound too smart to be that ignorant. Does your understanding of the conflict really start and end with "they hate us and it's your fault"?
    Anything that might make Bush look good, Tock will be very much against. He usually won't even address the issues head on when you prove him wrong....so don't worry about it too much. He just hates Bush.

peace,

ttgb

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Quote Originally Posted by Tock
    After all, the Arabs don't hate America because we want to buy their oil, they hate us because they see us supporting their arch enemy who stole a chunk of their prime real estate.

-Tock

A chunk of what ''prime real estate''?. Israel has no oil reserves, and no mineral wealth. Israel is something like 0.1% of the Middle East land mass. I won't even bother wasting words replying to anything else you write since your incapable of reading and digesting that information. Pictures speak a thousend words.

Tock, even you can work out where Israel is represented in these pictures (I think)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For those of you critical of America supporting Israel..-isr-world.gif   For those of you critical of America supporting Israel..-isr-us1.gif  

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    A chunk of what ''prime real estate''?. Israel has no oil reserves, and no mineral wealth. Israel is something like 0.1% of the Middle East land mass. I won't even bother wasting words replying to anything else you write since your incapable of reading and digesting that information. Pictures speak a thousend words.

Israel is represented in yellow in the pictures.

Prime Real Estate = prime farmland, the best fertile soil, right smack dab on the Meditterean Seacoast.
    --Tock

[QUOTE=CYCLEON]
    1) hate to say it but Bush's position on that reflects base reality - Israel is not going to ever agree to go all the way back to its old borders and since they fought a couple of unprovoked wars to get them, I can see why -

2) they cant allow return into Israel or they will be in the minority so why not just change Israels name to Palestine? those things are unrealistic -

/QUOTE]

1) Well, so long as the US will support what Israel wants to do, it isn't about to change. And it's this unconditional support of Israel's stubborness that contributes to Arab hatred of the US.
    Not what ya want when you're running an economy so dependant on arab oil.
    My guess is that the Arabs are going to keep jacking the price of oil higher and higher until the US public finally catches on, or the US economy takes a dive.

2) Eventually, the way the Israeli Arabs are making babies, there will be more of them than Jews in Isreal, then they can, through democratic processes, re-name the country and merge it with Palestine and then everyone will be happy.
    I'd give things 50-75 years . . .

Prime Real Estate = prime farmland, the best fertile soil, right smack dab on the Meditterean Seacoast.
    --Tock

Tock, poor, poor Tock.

Whatever Israel is it wasn't made that by Arabs, who untill the turn of the century pi$$ed and sh*t into the Jordan river since time began. When Zionists began to buy land from Arabs it was sold to them by Arabs knowing they were buying desert and swamp land. Jews turned a country of desert in the south and maleria ridden swamp land in the north to what it is now..

Ah listen, words are wasted on you Tock. lol, honestly I can't be bothered anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    Ah listen, words are wasted on you Tock. lol, honestly I can't be bothered anymore.

I beleive we are wasting words on each other. We obviously have different understandings of world history.
    C'est la vie . . .
    -Tock

I beleive we are wasting words on each other. We obviously have different understandings of world history.
    C'est la vie . . .
    -Tock
    You remind me of the sound an old watch makes..

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Does anyone know if Jordan was a landlocked country before Israel was given that land?

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    [QUOTE=Tock]
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    1) hate to say it but Bush's position on that reflects base reality - Israel is not going to ever agree to go all the way back to its old borders and since they fought a couple of unprovoked wars to get them, I can see why -

2) they cant allow return into Israel or they will be in the minority so why not just change Israels name to Palestine? those things are unrealistic -

/QUOTE]

1) Well, so long as the US will support what Israel wants to do, it isn't about to change. And it's this unconditional support of Israel's stubborness that contributes to Arab hatred of the US.
    Not what ya want when you're running an economy so dependant on arab oil.
    My guess is that the Arabs are going to keep jacking the price of oil higher and higher until the US public finally catches on, or the US economy takes a dive.

2) Eventually, the way the Israeli Arabs are making babies, there will be more of them than Jews in Isreal, then they can, through democratic processes, re-name the country and merge it with Palestine and then everyone will be happy.
    I'd give things 50-75 years . . .
    If you're into "competing" about who makes more babies, then yes, the average Israeli Arab has more children then the average non-religious Israeli Jew, but then again there are also the religious Jews who have more babies and the orthodox Jews who have even more than that. Besides that, as I said before, and I have been told this by Israeli Arabs, the Israeli Arabs don't want to be under a Palestinian state. They like the Israeli democracy and the freedom and options it gives them. Go ask them yourself. They'll tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Does anyone know if Jordan was a landlocked country before Israel was given that land?

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~gov46/mideast-1930.gif

http://www.dartmouth.edu/~gov46/pal-transjrdn-1922.gif

Sometimes I think Jews should have been given all the land between the Euphrates River and the Nile. Instead of the paultry little bit of desert and swamp land they got.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information