Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    bortort is offline Associate Member

worst gym accedent ?

Whats the worst gym accedent you have done or seen ?

Last night I was doing incline bench. When I was done with my set I missed the rack on my right side. My spotter didn't see that I missed it and I cought the bar right on my head. That felt great! lucky it was only 175#'s cuz 180#'s might have killed me.

ptbyjason Guest
    Now this is a flashback for me. I was just beginning to get into working out and I decided one day that I wanted to go up to 250 on squats! So I called my friend over to spot me and told him to watch me close. The first rep I went down just fine and came up. Well my confidence improved so I thought I should go down lower the second time. My spotter saw how easily I handled the first rep and decided he should relax on the spotting. Well, you guessed it, I went down and lost it. Started falling forward, the bar rolled up my neck (I was still in the squat rack) and on to the rack. Strained my lower back and neck muscles pretty bad.

This will be an interesting thread. Let's here more stories.

I SHOULDN'T HAVE LAUGHED BUT I DID................SOME DUDE WAS DOING DEADLIFTING IN OUR HIGHSCHOOL WEIGHT ROOM ABOUT 12-13 YRS AGO. THE WEIGHT ROOM WAS REAL SMALL. BASICALLY STANDING ROOM ONLY...ANYWAYS BEFORE THE DUDE DID HIS 1ST REP SOME YOUNGER GUY WAS STANDING OVER THE OUTSIDE PART OF THE BAR JUST PAST THE PLATES LOOKING THE OTHER WAY. WELL THE DUDE DID HIS 1ST REP___AND SCORED 2 POINTS. THE YOUNGER GUY GOT HIS BALLS SMASHED....HE WAS IN SOOOO MUCH FREAKING PAIN THEY ACTUALLY CALLED THE PARAMEDICS CAUSE HE WAS F*CKED UP GOOD..WHEN HE CAME BACK 1 1/2 MONTHS LATER (YOUNGER GUY) HE WAS REAL EMBARRASED..... #2 THING I SAW WAS MORE SICK THAN ANYTHING...ANYONE REMEMBER THE COVER OF POWER LIFTING 'USA'?? THEY HAD SOME GUY TRYING TO SQUAT IN THE SQUAT CAGE AND HIS RIGHT LOWER LEG GAVE OUT AND BROKE IN HALF..THATS RIGHT (RIGHT LOWER LEG) BROKE 3-4 INCHES BELOW THE KNEE..AND TO TOP IT OFF HE HAD ALL THE WEIGHT FROM TRYING TO SQUAT CRUSHING HIM...THAT WAS ON THE COVER I THINK IN 92 OR 93.....

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    Mine was when i first started out i was doing BD flys with too much weight. And crack they went to far down and i split my rib cage apart.But a least when i recoverd (which took a long time)My chest was 2inches bigger..I DO NOT RECOMEND IT..

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    The one accident that I saw was a guy doing incline dumbells with 120's. His right arm gave out around 3/4 of the way up. The dumbell fell right on his face. It didn't cut him, but he was abig guy and it did a lot of damage to his ego.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Just recently I've seen some bad things, not too bad though.

1. A guy was doing military, and he tried putting the weight back, but missed the guard on the right side, but got the left up. So the bar just fell right down, and the 45 plate smashed on the ground. He acted all cool, saying the weight wasn't heavy, it was all good, just missed the guard! (it was too heavy though, obviously)

2. You know the free weight tree. The one that holds all the weights, well, one side was full, and the other side was empty, so some guy comes and puts on ANOTHER 45 plate to the side that was full, and SMASH, the tree falls over, and about a dozen plates go flying around the floor. He's standing, just staring at what he had just done, and his friend is just staring, not helping out at all.

3. In highschool, some kids were fooling around, and the whole bench press flipped backwards, thank god no one was on it or right behind it, would have been smashed!!! Bar and 45's were on it.

4. Some REAL STUPID grade 9 fucks were fooling around with the Peck Deck back in highschool, and they actually tipped over the whole machine, on it's side. The guy bruised his arm, well deserved. They didn't know what to do, they were just shocked, me and my buddies had to bring it back up. The right arm of the machine was bent a little, and since the school couldn't afford to fix it, they just left it like that!

Those are my true stories, hope you enjoyed them.

Terinox

potent is offline Junior Member
    one time i was working out alone. i was on the flat bench with about 165 pounds it was my last set. i was doing sets of 10. i got to 9 and i said to myself, "well, that wasn't that hard i can get another one." this was a mistake. my arms failed and the weight came down onto my chest. i just lay there kind of squirming until some big dude came and saved me. i lift often, so this was extremely embarassing. luckily there weren't any hot girls around to see it. DONT LIFT ALONE !

LOL

Shit potent, that's one of the worse things to happen, especially when in a crowded gym!!! I've seen some guys, you can just tell from a distance he's not gonna be able to hit anymore, but he stills goes for it, and for the "experienced" people, like me and my buddies, are just looking at each other, wondering which one of us is going to be the one lifting the bar off the newbies chest!

LOL

And that's soo true, DON'T LIFT ALONE !!!

A buddy of mine lifts alone in his ice skating rink place, and he does sets at about 175, and he ended up failing, was lying there with the bar on his chest. He had to wabble is way out while it hit the bottom guards of the bench press.

Terinox

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    a while back i went to far on the bench, not weight wise but instead of my regular 3 set of 8 reps i decided to go till i dropped, w/o a spot. I think i made it to 13 reps and yeah bar came down very slowly onto my neck/upper chest at which point i had to roll it down to my waist sit up and put it back, and u think i learned my lesson, nope did the exact same thing the very next week. I never can tell when enough is enough LOL

RageControl is offline Senior Member
    One time i was changing the bar on the cables to the straight bar. I change the bar and neal down to add more weight to the stack . Well my dumbass forgot to hold the top of the stack where the cable connects and down comes the bar onto my head then onto the ground . Then one time i farted while doing a heavy squat and there was a hot chcik next to me.

Originally posted by RageControll
    One time i was changing the bar on the cables to the straight bar. I change the bar and neal down to add more weight to the stack . Well my dumbass forgot to hold the top of the stack where the cable connects and down comes the bar onto my head then onto the ground . Then one time i farted while doing a heavy squat and there was a hot chcik next to me.

OOOOOOOOOOHH !!!

I think you win Rage, the worst accident after all would be letting a big stinker rip RIGHT IN FRONT of a hot chick

OUCH !!!

Terinox

Ironweb is offline Member

Here's two

1. This happened about a month ago. These two guys were doing squats. One guy fairly fit the other had a huge beer belly. The fit guy slaps on 315 does a few and sets it back up. Mr. belly walks up with no warm ups goes down a quarter of the way and tries to get up. He had bad form and most of the pressue was on his lower back. With a little help he made it. But could not straighten up and just laid on the floor saying I'm ok. Next thing I knew the medics are there taking him out on a strecher.

2. This one I have said b4 but worth saying again. About a year ago I was doing incline flies and this kid walks up to the rack, grabs a couple db and proceeds to swing them back as he falls back towards the flat bench. What he did not do was look to see where the flat bench was. It was about 3 feet to his left. The poor kid goes flying to the floor db's fly and he jumps up with this dumb founded look. I say are you OK buddy. He just looks at me and says who moved the bench that is where it alway is. LOL I just looked at him and said its been there the whole time maybe you should look first.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Well for me was about 2 years ago, about 4th set on leg press, 12 or so plates per side, on the 4th rep, the pin that holds the back rest broke/let go, and seat fell back, when it did the extra pressure cause a bone in my foot to crush and all muscle on other side and lower abs to tear, and of couse i was smushed pretty good, as i could not hold weight at that point. Long story short ended up in cast for 6 weeks, and was good 12 weeks before i was working any kind of legs, foot is still f%^ked for life basicly. Good news is insurance settlement came at a very good time.

wow thats pretty tough bro .

ironmike7000 is offline Associate Member

Worst accident

The worst gym accident i've ever seen was at a gym I used belong to.There they had a seated overhead press with pins to hold the weight. Well alot of the guys would do chins on it by raising the bar to its highest setting and then put the pin back in to hold it in place for them.Well thats how it was left and this new guy walked over and thought he would do some presses.So he put his hand on where the plates were located and then with his other hand he pulled the pin out.Man that bar had one plate that was attached to the bar and it came screaming down like a rocket on his hand that was on the plates!It severed one finger completely off his hand!That was gross because it left his severed finger laying all over the plates on the machine!The gym later bought a chinning bar for us to use.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Here's two

Originally posted by Ironweb

2. This one I have said b4 but worth saying again. About a year ago I was doing incline flies and this kid walks up to the rack, grabs a couple db and proceeds to swing them back as he falls back towards the flat bench. What he did not do was look to see where the flat bench was. It was about 3 feet to his left. The poor kid goes flying to the floor db's fly and he jumps up with this dumb founded look. I say are you OK buddy. He just looks at me and says who moved the bench that is where it alway is. LOL I just looked at him and said its been there the whole time maybe you should look first.

BWWWWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

That was fucking classic. Shit man, I can't think of any 'gym accidents'. . .hmmm....

Well, I guess I have one, but it wasn't really embarassing, kind of though. I think I had 95s or so on the incline DB press. . .so i lay back and proceed to push em up, but i got about half way, and my arms gave, so i brought em back to my knees. . .looked at myself in the mirror, called myself a pussy bitch and that if i dont get this up, you're going home because you are a bitch. . .ohhhh...did i get them up, fuck, they flew up like fugging rockets because i was soo pissed that I didn't get them up the first time. I guess it was kind of embarassing, it was like 6 oclock or so during the week, so the gym was pretty packed. Oh well, i threw them suckers up next go.

My friend was in the gym once and some HUGe guy was doing seated military presses . Well on his last rep he became enraged (most likely roid rage ) and threw the dumbell as hard as he could over his head he lost his grip and launched the dumbell right threw a mirror then threw the wall behind it

Re: Re: Here's two

Originally posted by PaPaPumP

Well, I guess I have one, but it wasn't really embarassing, kind of though. I think I had 95s or so on the incline DB press. . .so i lay back and proceed to push em up, but i got about half way, and my arms gave, so i brought em back to my knees. . .looked at myself in the mirror, called myself a pussy bitch and that if i dont get this up, you're going home because you are a bitch. . .ohhhh...did i get them up, fuck, they flew up like fugging rockets because i was soo pissed that I didn't get them up the first time. I guess it was kind of embarassing, it was like 6 oclock or so during the week, so the gym was pretty packed. Oh well, i threw them suckers up next go.

Actually I think that's great. Doing something like that sounds like it's quite "self encouraging" and it sounds like a great way to overcome those points when you just almost got things, but not quite!!! It sounds like something I might actually try on those days my friends aren't around, and have to work alone

Terinox

I was doing shrugs a couple of years ago and the wrist straps that I was using were shall we say, a little worse for wear. I was on my way up at about 600lbs on the bar when the one on my left arm snapped. I was able to stop the weight from crashing to the floor, controlling it as much as I could on the way down, but not before it took most of the skin off of my left shin on the way down. Never will I use worn straps again. That’ll teach me for trying to get high mileage out of worn out equipment.

Another time I was asked to spot this buddy of mine on the seated military press. He wasn't a particularly big guy, but said that he worked out all of the time. He promptly began to load on about 110lbs on the bar. This wasn't very much weight, so I thought nothing of it. He asked me for a lift off and I did so, I held the bar strait out in front of me until he said he was ready. I then exclaimed, "Got it", he replied with "Yeah, let it go". I released my hands and not 1/2 a second later was bombarded with the worst cracking sound that I’d ever heard the human body make. Turns out that he dislocated his shoulder. I quickly lifted the bar back to the bench and helped him to the office in the gym. He then started sweating and rocking back and forth in pain. I was just about to ask him why he was doing all of the rocking when I hear "pop" and his shoulder went back into place. He got up, caught his breath and said, "No problem, happens all the time" and walked back into the gym. I just stood there and shook my head.

ROFL !!! Shit BIG RED that is too funny !!!

TheGame826 is offline Member
    hahah those are some good stories, heres some of mine

1 last year this kid was sittin on the incline bench rolling the bar back and forth, and the bench didnt have any hooks so the bar rolled off the bench and came crashing on top of his head.. that gave me a great laugh, especially when he put the bar back up and ran around screaming.

2 i was benchin with a friend of mine and when he went to put the bad back up, he over through it and the bar fell behind the bench.

3. this is sick, a kid was squatting and he had to much weight on the bar and he dropped the weight to the guards on his side and his finger got smashed, and he lost that finger, it sucked.

4. final one, this is a classic story of gym idiots, lol. a kid was benching and while he was doing his reps the other kid spotting him turned around and sat on his face. the kid put the bar up and chased him out of the gym....

memories.

hewy is offline Junior Member
    two stories come to mind
    1. we were doing clean and jerk one day in weightlifiting practice when one guy throws up 135 lbs, next thing you know it comes crashing down and smacks him in the forehead. he then crumbles to the ground and lies thier with the bar over his chest, we never saw that guy again

2. this happens alot, well you know those step mill machines where the steps rotate in circles i just happened to look up and see a guy do a face plant on that, then 2 mins later he did it again

doing his reps the other kid spotting him turned around and sat on his face
    thats a classic but your supposed to drop a protien stinky .

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Last year some kid was doing crossovers and he let go (purposely) when his arms were extended. I was standing behind and got the handle in my face . Luckily for me, the handle hit something else first so it wasn't at full speed when it hit me. Unluckily for the kid, I wasn't hurt too bad and I could still see out of one eye. Lets just say he rarely stays in the gym when I'm there. This is the same kid that got his ass beat for using other people's water bottles.

ibiza69 is offline Senior Member
    nothin major only crushed my nuts when doing t-bar rows
    OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHH!!!!!!!

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    ok this is real real bad

Afew years ago in the school gym a couple peps where doing cabels with a good amount of weight so the pepole where B.S ing and not payin atention. A guy bent down to get his water bottle leanning between the wights whith his other hand BAM!!!!! the wights poped the guys hand like a zit blood went evrywhere it was horrible. so thay pulled the wights up and got him out the bones where mangeld and messed up blood was evywhere. i dont know what happen to the kid i guess he was to scared to come back to the gym. never saw him again.
    Big Daddy k de

chevy44 is offline Member
    it was the first time in my H.s. weight room, and i was a freshman. so i was very nervous. i began to do lunges (freeweights/45lb.bar) and on my last set 12th rep.I blacked out, 1 min. later i wake up and this senior says get off my mat, fag!!

psleez65 is offline Junior Member
    Would have to be the decline bench. Was just starting set and had my hands on the bar and decided I needed to adjust myself on the bench. The worst part wasn't the bar crashing onto my forehead but at the time I was a drummer and had 3 feet of hair. got the bar over my head but it wound up on my freaking hair and I couldn't move. Very embarasing!!

Maximus_Pecs is offline Associate Member
    A good friend was pressing 120lbs dumbells. When he went to place the weights down other dumbells had roled in the way. He ended up pancaking his fingers between the dumbells on the floor and the ones he was holding. Three of the bones of his fingers exploded two of the fingers were hanging with no bone and the third was laying on the floor. He got the one sewed back on and the the other two fixed with metal rods.. Pretty ugly scene but he was back in the gym within 2 months no matter what the doc told him.
    Last edited by Maximus_Pecs; 03-25-2003 at 11:49 PM.

BUMP

This shit is hilarious! Read them!!!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by ibiza69
    nothin major only crushed my nuts when doing t-bar rows
    OOOOUUUUCCCCHHHH!!!!!!!

Doin' them old school eh? I did that once... had the barbell pivoted in a corner because there was no real T-Bar at this place. And I grabbed it in the wrong part of the bar and got nut slapped. OUCH!!!

I have also had a dumbell fall apart on my face. 60 punder about 4 years ago on an Incline Bench. The washer fell off one side and 3 plates fell on my face. Went to the hospital - only a really black eye and a lump on my forehead. Teeth and nose, OK!

roch is offline Member
    I've pancaked my finger placing the dumbells back on the floor as well, but I didn't do anything but sprain them and smash them of course.

another one didn't happen to me but to my 2 year old son last month. he always watches me workout and acts like he works out too. he pulled a 35 lb plate off the side of the stand and it landed on him. I still feel bad for him since he's my boy and partially my fault. he knows that daddys weights are off limits but now I feel like I need to take all my weights and put them on the floor.

a buddy of mine was goofing off on a treadmill I used to have at my house when we were in high school. he was joking around on it when a cutie was over at my house. he started turning the speed up until it maxed out and then he slipped, fell on his face and was ejected out the back of the machine where he landed on his but with his back on the machine while it was still running!! he wasn't wearing the shut off key and he got a very bad burn on his back that is probably still a scar to this day.. had to laugh about it though since he was making fun of me since I ran in my basement. dumbass.

last one again happened to me. I was hitting my speedbag in the basement of my old house and I hit the wood circle that the bag mounts too. when you're in a rhythm and hitting the bag it comes as quite a shock when you leave lots of skin and a couple broken knuckles behind while hitting the speedbag. when I healed up I promptly raised the bag up to a safer height.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    this thread is fucking hilarious...the shit that we see/do is definitely worth a laugh later (no offense to any of you because here come my stories)

1. i posted this a while back but ill share again...this dude was running on the treadmill doing some walk/sprints while increasing the speed every few minutes...well, after 2 sprints while walking he increased again, but this time put it up too quickly...the guy flew off the treadmill into some other machines stationed behind it that people were on...this guy was like 40 or so and definitely embarassed when 5 or 6 people and some skinny older women all came over and were like 'are you alright?' definitely classic.

2. this one was all too freaky, happened about 2 months ago...some guy was doing tricep pulldowns with the rope and the cable attached to the pulley just snapped halfway down his rep! the guy flew forward into the machine and hit his head, immediately falling to the floor...had a nasty welt on his forehead when he got up and regained composure but turned and tripped over the rope on the floor falling down again...i have never seen anything like that before

3. some skinny small guy guy asked me to spot him and i was like sure...walk over and this guy must have been overly ambitious or something with 2 45 plates on each side...he said 'im trying to figure out my max' and i was like 'ok' while giving a smirk knowing this guy had no chance...so he begins and i lift the bar with him and ask him if he has it and he says yes...i let go and immediately it falls down onto his chest...we proceed to keep stripping off weight 25 pounds at at time and finally go from 225 to 95 before he can get it up once...i laughed and said 'come on man, you could really hurt yourself if you try to do too much than you can handle.' his reply was 'i weigh 135 and can do 50 pushups in a row so i thought that 225 sounded right'

About five years ago I was doing my morning cardio by running on a tred mill. For some reason I decided to take off my shirt. It got caught on my head, I lost my balance and flew out an open Window beside the tred mill. Thankfully this happened at my apartment complex and not the gym. It was witnessed by a friend of mine that won't let me live it down to this day..

Originally posted by EXCESS
    This is the same kid that got his ass beat for using other people's water bottles.
    WTF????

Bring a water bottle with a little bit of water in it and LOTS of Ippecac and Phenol in it... The kid just needs ONE gulp, I guarantee it'll be coming out at both ends "rocket propulsion" style within minutes

Red

I forgot to mention that after beinf flung out of the window I fell 6 feet into a thorn bush. Of course the shirt was still wrapped around my head.

Got Gear? is offline Member
    Lol...

Here's what I've got!

1) My gym is at the YMCA. The gym is on the 2nd floor with mirrors on 1 side and huge glass windows overlooking the pool area on the other side of the gym. The glass windows are floor to ceiling and angle out over the pool instead of just going straight up and down. Anyway, I watch this skinny young guy put about 200lbs on the bar and lay down for his bench press. Looked like too much weight and I was right! But before I could get over there to lift the bar off, the kid throws it off to the side. AND.. right through the window down to the pool deck below!! At first I nearly shit my pants cause there was lots of kids down there, but once I realized nobody was hurt I nearly shit my pants from laughing!

2) More kids in the gym These two looked like they were trying to do races on the treadmills. 1 of them stepped too far forward and wiped out. I was right behind them using the shoulder press machine. Stoopid kid just about ended up in my lap. Luckily tha machine protected me and he bounced off a metal bar or something. I was ready to kick ass...

woodsy169 is offline Associate Member
    Funniest thing I have ever seen was this young skinny kid doing dumbell curls...He was doing to much weight and swinging them to get them up. Well he was grunting and swinging too much when he swung one of them up and popped himself right in the middle of his forehead...It knocked him smooth out and he had a circle bruise right in the middle of his forehead...The whole gym lit up with laughter...I felt like I was at the Comedy Club for a sec.

The Butcher is offline Member
    This shit is too funny. I can't believe how many of you have witnessed someone actually losing a finger on equipment.

The only embarrassing thing I can remember doing is not re-racking the smith machine properly while doing military presses with 2 plates on each side. Knocked myself right in the middle of my forhead. I don't know if anyone saw it b/c I just kept stareing at the ground for the rest of my workout.

I have also heard of several people who have shot themselves out the back of a treadmill while it was going too fast. The visual alone is enough to make me crack up.

Maximus Pecs, I just about started crying I was laughing so hard thinking about you getting shot out a window with your shirt wrapped around your head!!!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    We got pretty old machines at my gym and the damn ropes are really worn out, causing alot of damage to the users.

Anyway this guy was doing low pullys and he asked his girl the put one of those plastic things back cause it had feel out from under the plates. So he pulls up about half the plates so she can put it back, rope snaps and her thumb gets flat as a panncake! She goes into the office and passes out. Blood everywere!

One of my friends was doing leg extencions and again the rope snaps, the shit flyes up and knocks out all his front teeth!

Maximus Pecs - That shit with the t-shirt and treadmill must be the one of the funneist things ive ever read

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information