Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ammar is offline Senior Member
    I have met many isreali's and many arabs, being that I am one. You can not stereotype people based on a whole...each person is different. Everybody should be aware that just because somebody makes a bad example doesnt mean the whole population is bad. I just hate seeing posts like "nuke the middle east" or "just kill em" because that is thick headed IMO. When I was in the middle east last year...it was real weird to see on one border a bunch of Syrian tanks and about 5 miles away you could see the Isreali tanks like they were ready to shoot at each other. Its tense over there...

zOaib is offline VET
    my 2 cents ............

WE the United States of America , were formed on the land where Blood was spilled and a whole race was genocided to achieve the freedom of the mountains and land we have , ah yes the very rare and the extinct race of HUMAN BEINGS ( not the dodo bird ) NATIVE INDIANS OF AMERICA ......... well we got what we wanted right and now we are the TORCH bearers of Human rights ! ............ ISRAEL yes they have their backs against the wall AGREED , and its funny how they have adopted the same way to genocide HUMAN BEINGS ( i am not gonna say muslims , arabs or whatever here) just HUMAN BEINGS from their land , and maybe after they done that they will join the HUMAN RIGHTS club too ............ the way i see it is , we all are HYPOCRATES , hate begets hate , wars beget wars .............. the muslim extremists wouldnt have anything to do with the west unless someone stuck a stick up their @$$ES while they were not LOOKING , u know u have to provoke something to get something ! ........... so all the media all our generalisation aint gonna help these BASTURDS ,they are gonna nuke each other up ............ and ill be sitting in CANADA high on a mountain ........ (amen) CAUSE NOTHING EVER HAPPENS IN CANADA !

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    No, I don't get your point.
    Ok, let me rephrase that. Do you think it's right to make assumptions about other people, based on your experience with other people just because they share something (religion, race, origin, places they live, etc)? Can you imagine a situtation which these assumptions might result in death? (For example when a Jew is attacked in a European city because of something Israel did, or when a guy walks into a Mosque and starts shooting people because of a terrorist attack carried out by Muslims...) Do you agree with me that being cheap, being a cheat, being nice, being honest, etc, are not things passed by genetics? Do you still not see how dangerous these assumptions can be?

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Makes sense now that you explained it in greater detail.

I never said it was right or fair to make assumptions in that way. My assumption wasn't based on my experience only on what I felt was most probable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    Ok, let me rephrase that. Do you think it's right to make assumptions about other people, based on your experience with other people just because they share something (religion, race, origin, places they live, etc)?
    Sure, you can always come up with a scenario like that. The thing is that we went from talking about guessing someone was Jewish because of the person Israeli citizenship and being a shortchnger, hardly a situation of any consequence, to guessing a target for an assasination was a member of the target group. When you weigh probabilities the severity of the outcome is an important factor. The greater the severity of the outcome the less likely a person would want to rely on low probability or a 'weak assumption'. Look at it this way, when you cross a busy street you don't assume there are no oncoming cars because you don't hear any coming, you look both ways. This is becasue the severity of the assumption being incorrect is too great.

Can you imagine a situtation which these assumptions might result in death? (For example when a Jew is attacked in a European city because of something Israel did, or when a guy walks into a Mosque and starts shooting people because of a terrorist attack carried out by Muslims...)
    I dunno, becasue again most of these assumptions are harmless in themselves. And cheapness I think might be genetic to some extent , I would bet that some of my ancient Scottish relatives are 1000 times cheaper than the cheapest Jewish person you know.
    Do you agree with me that being cheap, being a cheat, being nice, being honest, etc, are not things passed by genetics? Do you still not see how dangerous these assumptions can be?

larry3436 is offline Associate Member
    I just wanna know the differance between--> arab , palistine , musilum , sheite . Are these all the same religions? And what do they believe about western society that they think destroying us will be good in the eyes of thier god?

zOaib is offline VET
    Quote Originally Posted by larry3436
    I just wanna know the differance between--> arab , palistine , musilum , sheite . Are these all the same religions? And what do they believe about western society that they think destroying us will be good in the eyes of thier god?

muslims , have two sects in their religion , one is SUNNI (meaning who follow the Holy Quran and the practical practiced life of Mohammed (pbuh) ) and then their are SHIA ( who follow the same , but only differ in a little difference to how they pray and have adopted some culture to the original islam ) out of the whole world population of muslim the SHIA are only 5% ............. palestinians are muslims , as egyptians are muslims , and so on ............. also just like we ahve german , latino , american , britihs christians ! ......... hope this helps
    Last edited by ZOAIB; 06-13-2004 at 06:48 PM.

zOaib is offline VET
    to answer your secodn question , since i have been reading the QURAN for comparitive religion , i have found no where in the Quran , mentioned that muslims should kill all infidels ( would be christians or jews) but instead it is not prohibited to kill unless it is for the purposes of defense ! .......... the extremist muslims have used their religion and twisted it to make them selves believe that they are doign GOD's work ........... it would be an example just like how Hitler went crazy and killed fellow christians and others in his WAR for total domination ! .............. just like the christians ran the CRUSADES and killed in the name of GOD .............. my quote " never judge a religion on how a person displays it , but judge by knowing what the religion stands for itself" !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information