Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    singern is offline Banned

21st century plague

Free speach is a wonderful thing and we may all express our view points, but
    What the F***K did an Israeli ever do to you? Be honest. I have no doubt that you have never been affected in any possible way by an Israeli. I cannot imagine making a statment like "Israel is a cancer and should be wiped out" unless you have been brainwashed by the same type of cult like government that tells you to blow up a pizza restaurant full of families or a couple sky scrapers in New York.

On the other hand Islamic extremism has grown into a serious danger around the world - its violent murder and distruction has been felt by almost every nation on the planet. Wherever Islam and other religions meet, Muslims extremists are likely there, causing trouble. They are even a danger to other Muslims who are treated as not being sufficiently orthodox for the extremists. What many do not realize, however, is that such extremism is not a recent development - in fact, it has existed almost since the beginning of Islam.
    On the positive side, we get quite a lot of information on Muslim terrorists and Muslim extremism around the world: Osma bin Laden's Al Qaeda, the Taliban, the Muslim Brotherhood, Palestinian Hamas, Jihad and PFLP, Hezbullah, the Moro Front in the Philippines, and more. These are not isolated groups with isolated agendas. Although they may not coordinate their actions in a single, massive, world-wide conspiracy, they do share a common ideology and common vision for the world which requires that if we are to deal with one, we must also deal with all of the others.

This is the plague of out time
    This is the scum of our planet
    This is my opinion

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by singern
    What many do not realize, however, is that such extremism is not a recent development - in fact, it has existed almost since the beginning of Islam.
    err theres been blood on a lot of religion... thats not new for anyone

floyd_turbo is offline Member
    lets kill em

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by singern
    Free speach is a wonderful thing and we may all express our view points, but
    What the F***K did an Israeli ever do to you? Be honest. I have no doubt that you have never been affected in any possible way by an Israeli. I cannot imagine making a statment like "Israel is a cancer and should be wiped out" unless you have been brainwashed by the same type of cult like government that tells you to blow up a pizza restaurant full of families or a couple sky scrapers in New York.

I don't think any Israeli has done anything to me but I see our involvement in Israel as a source of generated hate against america.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    I don't think any Israeli has done anything to me but I see our involvement in Israel as a source of generated hate against america.

May i ask what countries, other then lets say some middle eastern countries hate the US for supporting Israel. And if u come up with any could u give us their reasoning for hating the US for it? thxs!

Id also like to add, most of u probably have never even met an Israeli. So anything u say about them comes from something u heard ur parents say or on the news. Annnnnd im sure 99.9% of the members here have never even been to Israel, me included.

OG

Rak_Ani is offline Queen of Zion
    You should have seen something I posted some time ago. I don't remember which thread it's in, but it has information about the Muslim Brotherhood which has preached against the western world 20 years before the establishment of Israel.

Quote Originally Posted by OGPackin
    May i ask what countries, other then lets say some middle eastern countries hate the US for supporting Israel. And if u come up with any could u give us their reasoning for hating the US for it? thxs!

Id also like to add, most of u probably have never even met an Israeli. So anything u say about them comes from something u heard ur parents say or on the news. Annnnnd im sure 99.9% of the members here have never even been to Israel, me included.

OG
    Bouncer met Israelis....and he thinks we're nice.....Right Bouncer?:spudnikh6

Quote Originally Posted by Rak_Ani
    Bouncer met Israelis....and he thinks we're nice.....Right Bouncer?:spudnikh6
    Ok that puts him in the .01% category. Anyone else?

OG

Yankeebstrd is offline Associate Member
    I suppose that since I've never been to Isreal my opinion is discounted.

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    So what??????????

If people hate because you are different...... that is thier problems...

and yes........ sad to say............. might does make right..........

We (the USA) feel that having a presence in the Middle East is watching out for our National interest.........that's Isreal.......

and justice is blind........ that means that popular or not....... decissions are made based on need/want/justice.............

Not................. should we save Europe from Hitler??? but what if the Germans don't like us for taking that possition..........

IT's more complicated than that........ but we will act to protect the USA and it's interest...........

What do you think will happen with the hostages???????????

The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeebstrd
    I suppose that since I've never been to Isreal my opinion is discounted.

bstrd, no thats not the point. What im saying is, since u dont know any Israelis and uv never been to Israel how can u or anyone else come out and say they hate them? Or do u just believe every negative thing u hear about someone?

I hate extreme arab and muslim terrorists. That doesnt mean i hate all arabs and all muslims.

OG

Yankeebstrd is offline Associate Member
    [QUOTE=OGPackin]bstrd, no thats not the point. What im saying is, since u dont know any Israelis and uv never been to Israel how can u or anyone else come out and say they hate them? Or do u just believe every negative thing u hear about someone?

I hate extreme arab and muslim terrorists. That doesnt mean i hate all arabs and all muslims.

OG[/QUOTE

Og, I generally take people as they come. But I'm not too fond of extremists for any cause. Be it Arab, Jew, Christian or any other religion or cause. It has a way of eliminating the whole live and let live philosophy. Extremists step on peoples toes, on all levels, in their endeavors.

I never said I hated anyone. Your putting words in my mouth, and accused me of being a white supremist and so on. I don't care enough for Arabs or Jews to support the use of my countries resources for either agenda.

Having said that I'm going to stop participating in any political threads and use AR for the reason I joined. To discuss AA's and BBing.

[QUOTE=Yankeebstrd]
    bstrd, no thats not the point. What im saying is, since u dont know any Israelis and uv never been to Israel how can u or anyone else come out and say they hate them? Or do u just believe every negative thing u hear about someone?

OG[/QUOTE

Og, I generally take people as they come. But I'm not too fond of extremists for any cause. Be it Arab, Jew, Christian or any other religion or cause. It has a way of eliminating the whole live and let live philosophy. Extremists step on peoples toes, on all levels, in their endeavors.

I never said I hated anyone. Your putting words in my mouth, and accused me of being a white supremist and so on. I don't care enough for Arabs or Jews to support the use of my countries resources for either agenda.

Having said that I'm going to stop participating in any political threads and use AR for the reason I joined. To discuss AA's and BBing.

Ok maybe hate was to strong of a word.....I was just making a point and wasnt really directing it at u. Although, u have made some negative comments in other threads.

OG

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I harbor no antipathy for anyone. I don't really care one way or another. I've got enough things to worry about without bothering with haveing to hassle with Jew/Arab squabbles.
    I do think that the UN decision to carve out a section of Palestine and grant it to Israel for statehood in 1947 was a bad idea. I suppose it's too late to undo that mistake now. But danged if the Israelis shouldn't be slapped back into their legal territory, which the US, for some strange reason, will not do.
    As far as US interests go, I can't imagine how US foreign policy could have possibly made things any more difficult to get oil out of the middle east. Yah, we've had some "prize" politicians get us into senseless wars like Vietnam and needless wars like Iraq, and of course, the debacle with Israel in 1947. I suppose US politicians are just plain idiots, sacrificing common sense to corporate profits . . .
    Oh well . . .
    --Tock

Romulus is offline New Member
    The only reason that Israelis are such a controversial nation, is that they refuse to eat the bull sh*t handed out by everyone else.

I believe that anybody who has their backs against the wall like they do would fight just as hard (but maybe not as effectively). If you consider what a small country it is that has stood up to the entire middle east for over 30 years (Syria, Jordan, Egypt etc.), there has to be some admiration due to them for their balls in the face of adversity.

Whether you love or hate them, you have to respect them !!

Id also like to add, most of u probably have never even met an Israeli.

OG
    I have and she was rather unpleasant. Even made threats to a friend of mine. Now im not saying thats how all are, but thats the only one ive came in contact with.

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe
    I have and she was rather unpleasant. Even made threats to a friend of mine. Now im not saying thats how all are, but thats the only one ive came in contact with.
    NOT NICE!

Does she live in Israel? Give me her address, I'll kick her ass.

Quote Originally Posted by juicehoe

Ok puuuuurfect, just the response i was looking for........Now, why cant it be she is just a bitch of a person. Why does it have to be shes a bitch and shes Israeli? Ur right though, not all Israelis are like that. She was just a bitch and it had nothing to do with her being Israeli.

OG

Quote Originally Posted by Romulus
    The only reason that Israelis are such a controversial nation, is that they refuse to eat the bull sh*t handed out by everyone else.

I believe that anybody who has their backs against the wall like they do would fight just as hard (but maybe not as effectively). If you consider what a small country it is that has stood up to the entire middle east for over 30 years (Syria, Jordan, Egypt etc.), there has to be some admiration due to them for their balls in the face of adversity.

Whether you love or hate them, you have to respect them !!

Very good post bro!

OG

Ok puuuuurfect, just the response i was looking for........Now, why cant it be she is just a bitch of a person. Why does it have to be shes a bitch and shes Israeli? Ur right though, not all Israelis are like that. She was just a bitch and it had nothing to do with her being Israeli.

OG
    Yea that was my point... i run into bitchs in all walks of life. It just happens to be my only personal experience and it wasnt a good one lol.

decadbal is offline Banned
    bump...lol

Quake is offline Member
    Do you remember a story about an American getting beheaded by arab extremists? If you want to see the full video of this go to www.steakandcheese.com

it's pretty brutal! Not for the squeamish, just to warn you, it's done with a knife not a big axe or sword....

When you get to the site, enter, then go to movies, then pg dwn until you find May 12,2004. You'll find it on this date.

Another link I've come across, which just shows the gory part, is www.geocities.com/crystalclearlist
    Last edited by Bouncer272001; 06-14-2004 at 09:57 AM.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member

OG
    i used to work with an israeli for 2 years, NEVER EVER talk politics and religions and he is a great man.

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    All school year i worked for an elderly israeli man. He was very nice, until the end of the week came and it was time to pay up, and every single time he'd try to short change me.

Then again, maybe he was just a cheap person. Stereotypes are never justified by a single example...

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I agree that single examples do not justify squat but at some point the number of examples grows large enough to become empirical eveidence (at least in your mind). How many Jewish people (or any other distinct group) would have to try shortchange you (or pick any other behavioral phenomenon) before you would start to believe there is a positive correlation between Jewish people and shortchangers? How many times would it take after you counted your money twice (or made sure you had legal recourse, etc) whenever you dealt with a Jewsish person? As the frequency of the conjecture increases the confidence in it also increases. That's human nature even though it is shoddy logic.

Stereotyping is a funny beast and people tend to get all bent out of shape about it, which I find funny. One thing I have found is Jewish people tend to react wildy to statements made against their people or Israel. You don't see Asians getting riled up when somebody says 'All chinese are good at math '. And for those of you who don't believe Asians are good at math, head to your nearest university and hit up the math department, preferably in the grad school.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    All school year i worked for an elderly israeli man. He was very nice, until the end of the week came and it was time to pay up, and every single time he'd try to short change me.

Then again, maybe he was just a cheap person. Stereotypes are never justified by a single example...

Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    I agree that single examples do not justify squat but at some point the number of examples grows large enough to become empirical eveidence (at least in your mind). How many Jewish people (or any other distinct group) would have to try shortchange you (or pick any other behavioral phenomenon) before you would start to believe there is a positive correlation between Jewish people and shortchangers? How many times would it take after you counted your money twice (or made sure you had legal recourse, etc) whenever you dealt with a Jewsish person? As the frequency of the conjecture increases the confidence in it also increases. That's human nature even though it is shoddy logic.

Stereotyping is a funny beast and people tend to get all bent out of shape about it, which I find funny. One thing I have found is Jewish people tend to react wildy to statements made against their people or Israel. You don't see Asians getting riled up when somebody says 'All chinese are good at math '. And for those of you who don't believe Asians are good at math, head to your nearest university and hit up the math department, preferably in the grad school.
    Funny. The guy was talking about "Israelis" and you automatically translated that to "Jews". It's not the first time you do that either. Can you share with us the reason?

Because I believe that bet has positive expectation. Don't get all bent out of shape if you know what that means. That's my funny answer but people bounced back and forth between Israeli's and Jews in this thread and mainly when I wrote it up I thought of an Jewish buddy and I am sure he's yet to live in Israel, tho he aspires to. You are reading way more into my post than what is there, then again from what I have seen of you on AR, it is my conjecture that you tend to do that.

Funny. The guy was talking about "Israelis" and you automatically translated that to "Jews". It's not the first time you do that either. Can you share with us the reason?

Because I believe that bet has positive expectation. Don't get all bent out of shape if you know what that means. That's my funny answer but people bounced back and forth between Israeli's and Jews in this thread and mainly when I wrote it up I thought of an Jewish buddy and I am sure he's yet to live in Israel, tho he aspires to. You are reading way more into my post than what is there, then again from what I have seen of you on AR, it is my conjecture that you tend to do that.
    No, I don't know what that means. Explain it to me as you would to a foreigner please. I am one.
    I tend to read more into your posts than there is in them? You think? Or maybe I just ask you questions that come up from reading your posts and make you uncomfortable? Would it be better if I assumed I know what you mean? Would it be better if I just don't ask? If you don't want me to ask you questions, tell me and I won't. But if you don't mind, then I would like to know why you (and many others are like that too) don't seperate Israelis from Jews.

The best way I can think of explaining this is to use a casino. When you play any game at a casino you are said to have negative expectation, the house has positive expectation. What that means is that in the long run, emphasis on long run is very important, the house will win more times than you will. Even if it very close the house will come out on top. The longer you play, the more likely this is to be the case. How does that translate to our conversation? If you surveyed a sample of Israeli's you would find that many of them are Jewish. Far more than any other country, I would wager. This doesn't mean you can bet the other way tho. Becasue someone is Jewsih I would not bet that they are Israeli; unless we were in Israel.

In chrisadamspost he said the fellow was Israeli. And yes, I am extrapolating that to mean Jewish in this case. Why? How likely is it that a foreign citizen owns a business? Considerably less likely than it is for a citizen of that country to own one. I am ignoring the possiblity of dual citizenship in this case even though I would wager that a person with citizenship in both the USA and Israel is far more likely to be Jewish than an average US citizen.

No, I don't know what that means. Explain it to me as you would to a foreigner please. I am one.

Yes.
    I tend to read more into your posts than there is in them? You think?
    You ask very open questions, which is good. The only thing that makes me uncomfortable is having to sit for so long and type out and answer. I am a slow typer.
    Or maybe I just ask you questions that come up from reading your posts and make you uncomfortable?
    It's probably better to ask if you want to understand the other person's point of view. It is you right to ask any question you see fit, I would never suggest a person should not ask questions. I am a proponent of free speech and I do not tell others what to do.
    Would it be better if I assumed I know what you mean? Would it be better if I just don't ask? If you don't want me to ask you questions, tell me and I won't.
    I attempted to explain this in my above post. I can only speak for myself, you will have to ask other people what their reasons are.
    But if you don't mind, then I would like to know why you (and many others are like that too) don't seperate Israelis from Jews.

BDTR is offline Retired
    “Every time we do something, you [Shimon Peres] tell me America will do this and will do that... I want to tell you something very clear: Don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.”

— Ariel Sharon
    Israeli Prime Minister
    Knesset, Tel Aviv, October 3, 2001

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by bdtr
    “Every time we do something, you [Shimon Peres] tell me America will do this and will do that... I want to tell you something very clear: Don’t worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it.”

— Ariel Sharon
    Israeli Prime Minister
    Is that quote for real? kinda hard to belive he said some thing like that.....

— Ariel Sharon
    Israeli Prime Minister

LOL!!

Ah......Amen....?

BDTR is offline Retired
    So you're agreeing its true?

LOL!!

Ah......Amen....?

The best way I can think of explaining this is to use a casino. When you play any game at a casino you are said to have negative expectation, the house has positive expectation. What that means is that in the long run, emphasis on long run is very important, the house will win more times than you will. Even if it very close the house will come out on top. The longer you play, the more likely this is to be the case. How does that translate to our conversation? If you surveyed a sample of Israeli's you would find that many of them are Jewish. Far more than any other country, I would wager. This doesn't mean you can bet the other way tho. Becasue someone is Jewsih I would not bet that they are Israeli; unless we were in Israel.

In chrisadamspost he said the fellow was Israeli. And yes, I am extrapolating that to mean Jewish in this case. Why? How likely is it that a foreign citizen owns a business? Considerably less likely than it is for a citizen of that country to own one. I am ignoring the possiblity of dual citizenship in this case even though I would wager that a person with citizenship in both the USA and Israel is far more likely to be Jewish than an average US citizen.
    Don't you think these kinds of assumptions may bring to negative prejudism (sp)?
    Here's something that happened not long ago in Jerusalem. A young boy goes out for a run on a Friday evening in a Jerusalem street where typically you would find Jews. A car with terrorists drive that street and shoot the boy (he's probably an Israeli Jew, because he's running in a typically Jewish street, right?). The boy dies. Turns out he's Israeli, but an Israel Arab. The terrorists declair him a "martyr" (He's and Arab, so he must sympathise with their cause, right?). Then it turns out he's an Arab, but not a Muslim Arab. He's a Christain Israeli Arab. His family opposes the Palestinian terrorists groups and being Christian do not support the "jihad". In his case these assumptions got him killed. Do you see my point about why this is wrong and why I find this disturbing?

So you're agreeing its true?
    You're not seriously asking.....

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Zionism, zionism please be gone...

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Muslim Brotherhood, bwahahahahaha, based on Al-Afghanie LOL

BDTR is offline Retired
    I'll give an Amen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by rambo
    Zionism, zionism please be gone...

No, I don't get your point.

Do you see my point about why this is wrong and why I find this disturbing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information