Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member

hate to rant but...

Anyone else notice that as of lately the same people are in every post and newbies are coming out of the woodworks in droves? Where the heck have all the mods, vets, and older guys to the board been hiding?

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

we've been hiding

Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    Anyone else notice that as of lately the same people are in every post and newbies are coming out of the woodworks in droves? Where the heck have all the mods, vets, and older guys to the board been hiding?
    from the newbies asking questions that can be searched, the same people in every post, and the such.this place used to be like one big family and it seems that in the past year it has become overrun with guys pushing their UG labs, 18 yr olds w/ attitudes, and just a real low energy level.
    this place was like a second home for me for 3 years.now i bareely post on here anymore. it's just not like it used to be IMO. i love the board and the job jason does to keep it going strong. i just think we should have locked the doors a year ago

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    After you've been here a while, its all the same questions over and over again, and you just get tired of even bothering reading them, and most ppl that are just so set in there ways that its not even worth responding to. Every now and then though, an interesting post does comes up.

ptyboy- I think locking the doors would probably be the death of a msg board, animal recently did that to his board, and my guess is that it will eventually grind to a hault.

oh no i'm w/ ya

Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    After you've been here a while, its all the same questions over and over again, and you just get tired of even bothering reading them, and most ppl that are just so set in there ways that its not even worth responding to. Every now and then though, an interesting post does comes up.

ptyboy- I think locking the doors would probably be the death of a msg board, animal recently did that to his board, and my guess is that it will eventually grind to a hault.
    i say lock the doors in a half joking manner. you need traffic obviously, but i felt like the board just started to go weird for awhile back then.
    i'm w/ you on the rest brotha

Yeah I hear ya Sab. MAybe AR could use a "members only" forum for mods, vets, invites, and members who have put in time on the board (no consideration of post count). I think that would be cool.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Guess I'll stop posting, remember where you came from.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah I hear ya Sab. MAybe AR could use a "members only" forum for mods, vets, invites, and members who have put in time on the board (no consideration of post count). I think that would be cool.

"Tenured members only lounge"
    or maybe "oldtimers lounge"

I know the purpose of the board is to help... but people get busy, and tired of answering the same questions... I read a lot of post but to be honest I have to pace myself on replies or I get burned out...

ColdSore is offline Banned
    i 100% agree...ive only been here like 10 months and things are already different...something needs to be done...dont know what???..but something

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    i agree...but there will be droves of newbies on any board...just something we have to ignore for the most part....the fact is that "we" still all know eachother...fuk a newbie....let them post...just ignore them...

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Why don't you lazy azz bastages do some research and post something worth commenting on? When is the last time one of you created an interesting thread (partyboy obviously being the exception)? Seriously, I think boards go through this as a natural part of things and the truth is when you know most of the answers it isn't the same as when you are first learning.

palequail is offline Banned
    I think in flow of newbies is a good thing.....I mean at least people are searching for advice and answers...it does get repetitive I admit....but I enjoy helping a brother out when I can...especially when they don't know **** and I totally turn them around for the better....I've had a lot of people do the same for me in my life.

Swellin Guest
    Rickson, you are absolutely correct. I have increased my knowledge exponentially, but the more I think I know...the more I realize I need to learn. The same silly questions get old, and I might answer one out of ten of them, but I understand where the new guys are starting. Most of the time they don't read any of the stickies or ed threads...they just post questions.

Aside from that, everybody reaches a burnout point on the boards. If you check every few hours and don't see anything interesting...for 2 days, it is easy to walk away for a while and not miss the silliness. I think that right now, everybody is pretty busy with work and all of the crap that goes along with spring...so there is less happening on all of the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    Why don't you lazy azz bastages do some research and post something worth commenting on?
    We're just the guinea pigs here Rickson. We sit back and rely on smart guys like you and Pheedno post research breaking studies so we can test the theory out and then post the results for everyone elses sake

Actually I've been telling the other guys to dig up some good articles for us but for some reason no one ever listens to me

rambo is offline The Lord God
    I'm an old member, and cranky. Just thought I'd grab my cane and start swinging while everyone else is. Where are my ****ing teeth?

Quote Originally Posted by Rickson
    Why don't you lazy azz bastages do some research and post something worth commenting on?
    I gotta agree. Lately it seems like there isn't squat for new or interesting posts, and we're all to blame for that. So why don't we leave the whining to tryingtogetbig, while the rest of us do something about the lack of good posts. Maybe I'll posts some nude pics of myself, that should be good for a 3 pager, I do a pretty neat trimming job on the pubes.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey
    I gotta agree. Lately it seems like there isn't squat for new or interesting posts, and we're all to blame for that. So why don't we leave the whining to tryingtogetbig, while the rest of us do something about the lack of good posts. Maybe I'll posts some nude pics of myself, that should be good for a 3 pager, I do a pretty neat trimming job on the pubes.
    Yikes!!!

flexshack is offline Member

Unhappy

i really like this idea. i too miss how the board used to be. i remember when it was just a baby and everyone knew everyone. it was a tight-knit group back then. i think i'm gonna cry.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Everyone starts from the bottom, no big deal to me, this board is here to help, sure the same ol ?'s get old but that's how it will always be.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    The whole "LOCKING THE DOOR" theory is nice for the members but Im not sure that the administrators feel the same way. Web sites "usually" arent around for "complete" enjoyment. It takes time and money to keep them up and running. People like to be compensated for their work and the main way to get that is to have a LARGE NUMBER of HITS on a website. Im sure Jason and his partners would rather have 10,000 hits instead of 1,000 hits a week.

Tell ya what. If you guys like a tight knit family, head over to Solid muscle and start from scratch. It will grow in a couple years, but until then, it will be close and everyone should know everyone....

slamd097 is offline Banned
    IMO, i think you need to be careful with this line. I remember when I frist showed up I still know little, But I am still learning and gaining a ton of info. But then you look at the questions being asked and sure it does get a little old. The same thing over and over again can make things a little boring and make you pull your hair out. Considering that all the crap the noob's hear is just what is on the news or what they heard form friends ect. so it is kinda a grey area. Where do you draw the line between stupidity and validity?

Mart651 is offline The Redneck Queen of the Lounge
    Out with the old, in with the new. You guys sound like the thirty year old guys standing in the corner at the club. Everything has passed you buy and you can not remember what was fun. Everyone of you have asked questions that have been answered. Different personalities think differently about things. People who are easy going don't let this kind of stuff bother them.

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mart651
    Out with the old, in with the new. You guys sound like the thirty year old guys standing in the corner at the club. Everything has passed you buy and you can not remember what was fun. Everyone of you have asked questions that have been answered. Different personalities think differently about things. People who are easy going don't let this kind of stuff bother them.
    agreed, this is a open site, the old members are no better than the new, maybe more knowledgeable, but in the beginning they werent either, this site evolves bc of newbies, and their questions, if u dont like answering the ?s, dont, but dont be upset bc someone asks it, you were a dumb**** newby at one time to.

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    Quote Originally Posted by partyboynyc
    from the newbies asking questions that can be searched, the same people in every post, and the such.this place used to be like one big family and it seems that in the past year it has become overrun with guys pushing their UG labs, 18 yr olds w/ attitudes, and just a real low energy level.
    this place was like a second home for me for 3 years.now i bareely post on here anymore. it's just not like it used to be IMO. i love the board and the job jason does to keep it going strong. i just think we should have locked the doors a year ago

...at least its nice to see some famaliar faces on this thread!

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member

wow

Quote Originally Posted by decadbal
    agreed, this is a open site, the old members are no better than the new, maybe more knowledgeable, but in the beginning they werent either, this site evolves bc of newbies, and their questions, if u dont like answering the ?s, dont, but dont be upset bc someone asks it, you were a dumb**** newby at one time to.
    That is a great attitude and very humble

samoth is offline Member
    Where the heck have all the ... older guys to the board been hiding?
    They're busy completing their degrees.

BabyGirl01 is offline Female Member

I have actually been thinking the same thing. I would like to know where they have all gone.

BG

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    to some degree I think there is always some ebb and flo just because people have lives outside the board - Rickson is on the money as usual - I really wish you guys would start digging around on your own and post up some interesting stuff - thats what I did when I was but a lowly member - I learned a lot and made for interesting discussion - now the mods are busy on boards like this keeping trash off - but I would really like to see more new things like pheendos recent post on PCT or some of einstein's stuff on IGF - I really enjoy reading those kind of things

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    I love the idea for a tenured members only forum...
    I;m with PartyBoy on this one... I miss the small family like style...

back in the day

Quote Originally Posted by arthurb999
    I love the idea for a tenured members only forum...
    I;m with PartyBoy on this one... I miss the small family like style...
    i could make a thread to discuss my problems w/ my friends here and the mods have always been great w/ letting me rant about random things. it just gave the board personality at the time when it was just getting going.
    NOW, i post about how i am seriously, in all honestly, disturbed by the fact that i can't stop ****ign cheating on my gf. people who have never even spoken to me are questioning sexuality, telling me my mother must have been murdered by my father w/ a sledge hammer, and telling me to grow up. this use to be a family.not a hide behind the computer and talk **** board.that's why i never frequented any other board.
    i guess times change and you just have to deal w/ it.
    good to see you monstercojones and arthur!!!

i could make a thread to discuss my problems w/ my friends here and the mods have always been great w/ letting me rant about random things. it just gave the board personality at the time when it was just getting going.
    i remember those rants. funny ****, sometimes. you have always been the board comedian (i mean this in a good way--made me laugh)

NOW, i post about how i am seriously, in all honestly, disturbed by the fact that i can't stop ****ign cheating on my gf. people who have never even spoken to me are questioning sexuality, telling me my mother must have been murdered by my father w/ a sledge hammer, and telling me to grow up.
    lol. btw, how have you been doing with that whole issue?

this use to be a family.not a hide behind the computer and talk **** board.that's why i never frequented any other board.
    i guess times change and you just have to deal w/ it.
    good to see you monstercojones and arthur!!!
    true. for the 2 and 1/2 years i have been part of this board, i too stayed loyal. only until recently have i finally joined some other boards (not in search of having what we had in the very beginning here, but rather just to learn more).

good seeing you flexshack

Quote Originally Posted by flexshack
    i remember those rants. funny ****, sometimes. you have always been the board comedian (i mean this in a good way--made me laugh)

lol. btw, how have you been doing with that whole issue?

true. for the 2 and 1/2 years i have been part of this board, i too stayed loyal. only until recently have i finally joined some other boards (not in search of having what we had in the very beginning here, but rather just to learn more).

glad i could keep it light at times here for ya bro.
    as far as the cheating thing, i have been good for 12 days.just like a junkie i'm counting the ****ign days.sad , but true
    yeah i have the faith that the board will get it going again. it's just weird how it seemed to change so quickly.

as far as the cheating thing, i have been good for 12 days.just like a junkie i'm counting the ****ign days.sad , but true
    yeah i have the faith that the board will get it going again. it's just weird how it seemed to change so quickly.
    hey 12 is still a streak. keep it up. if it's any solace, it probably will get easier b/c of how much better you will feel about yourself the longer you stay loyal to her.

and about the board, my great grandma said it best when she told me change is inevitable. it's not only predicted, it's for sure (those weren't her exact words, but you get the point). i hate this aspect of life, but i learned that the sooner you can accept and realize it, the better off you will be.
    personally, i think this board is still great and hopefully will always be. but, i think it has definately changed and will never be what it was. it used to be better.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    2 words for you partyboy.....Paris Hilton......have you banged her yet?

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PuddleMonkey

Hey....MonkeyPiss....what did I do to you?

BlocRoc is offline Member
    Nostalgia....

I miss http://www.fitnessboard.com

That was my first home, I came here after FB shut down.

L8

samoth is offline Member
    it's just not like it used to be IMO.
    Please make more noodle and anti-masturbation spider posts.

ahh the good old days

Quote Originally Posted by samoth
    Please make more noodle and anti-masturbation spider posts.
    i wish i could!!i swore off all those drugs i was doing back in those days.now it's just weed for me.although i don't PUI anymore because i get too ****ed up and say **** like the old days like a freak. i don't want to insult the whole new crew of people w/ my pot happy rants

samoth is offline Member
    i don't want to insult the whole new crew of people w/ my pot happy rants
    We don't care what the new people think. We want more classic partyboy posts!!!

Quote Originally Posted by samoth
    We don't care what the new people think. We want more classic partyboy posts!!!
    i second this!

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Ok, I just got a PM about this. Here's the deal....if I set up a "club" there will be a requirement for each member to contribute a certain number of new threads in the steroid questions section each month that are research type items. If you are not contributing, you will be kicked out.

Just for the record, I still have no idea how I am going to do this, but I am brainstorming.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information