Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Long&Strong is offline Associate Member
    I usually work out early in the morning (6am) anyone who works out that early knows that the only people there are generally old people. I don't mind them too much b/c they are never in with the free weights, but I do get the occasional guy who wants to "get back on track", or pick up his new years resolution, and just either gets in my way or does exercises for muscles that I never knew exsisted. I generally don't mind if someone asks what they should do for certain muscles, but if you ask before every machine, it gets annoying.
    My favorite idiot exercise is the one where this jacka$$ is doing pull downs without locking his legs in. He just litteraly jumps and uses his bodyweight to pull the weight down, then he stands up and stretches out like he just set an olympic record....I guess you are gonna get them guys everywhere

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Mr Shoulders - guy is maybe 175 and pretty cut but has shoulders that look like Football shoulder pads and always seem red and swollen - come to think of it I cant really remember seeing him do any other excercise except something for shoulders - but he walks around with a tank top of course and spiked hair as if he is 300 lbs

Marcus201 is offline New Member
    Guy at my Gym. About 40 years old 6' 135lbs. Wears spandex pants, cutoff sleveless shirt. He comes over to the free weight area and starts doing these funky ass arobic exercises with light weights, exhaling really loud and making these crazy faces. To top it all off he smells like a pig pen.

or...

This middle age dude that wears his karate uniform to the gym and does his karate s***T where I am trying to lift, DUDE SAVE IT FOR UR BASEMENT

TooSmall is offline Associate Member
    let's see here

fat lady in spandex whos ass sweat is clearly visible to anyone within a kilometer of her

skinny guys who do the most ridiculous workouts, then give advice to other people, like this guy that teaches karate but only works out biceps in the gym

people who smash the dumbells together at the top of their reps (incline, shoulder press). the odd clang is expected, but i mena people who slam the things together thinking its good meanwhile it takes all the resistance out of the lift

this guy from around town whos known around as being all ****ed up for taking his brothers home made acid in high school, ever since he's just been fvcked up. now his workouts are funny, his 3 exercises are flies, dumbell curls, and military press
    hes fat and works up a sweat from walking to the water cooler
    just looking into his eyes you can tell hes not right in the head
    imagine the worst form possible, multiply it by 10 and thats how he trains

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    you can't do 10 plates on leg press?
    ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

~SC~

roccoswello is offline Associate Member
    We got this one guy in his 50's hes pretty strange and his wife works out in jeans all the time, aerobics and everything. Well this guy, when he decided to start working out must have spent $300 or $400 on gear and I mean work out gear.

He shows up at the front door with weird looking workout pants, he has on a head band, workout gloves already on both hands, wrist bands, and he's holding his lifting belt. He then proceeds to put the lifting belt on ( he's got to get hot as hell under all that) and start working out. You would think that he would be doing squats or dead lifts or whatever, right. Wrong. I kid you not, he jumps on the leg machines today does leg exercises (not squats) for like an hour with the belt on....

Poor guy I can't bring myself to ask him about it........

*Narkissos* is offline Anabolic Member
    Mr. World 1964: Comes to gym and just talks about the good old days

The middle-aged house wife who thinks thongs are SUPPOSED to be worn on the outside of her spandex suit..and that it's SUPPOSED to disappear between the folds of her waist and butt-crack

O
    and that it's SEXY

250+ plus guy with 30% bodyfat that doesn't see the point of cardio... thinks 'i ain't fat...just bulking up a bit'

Guy who comes to the gym just to spot ladies...makes ever spot look like a sex-act

165lb Guy that asks for a spot on his 300lb bench press... and you end up having to deadlift it off his chest... and he wants 5 more 'reps' after that 'one'

then wants to increase the weight next set

THE FAT AEROBIC INSTRUCTOR!!!!

Grunter Schierlcamp:

Shouts, grunts and groans regardless if the weight's heavy or piss-light

Just HAS to draw attention to his 'massive bench'

Gear Dog:

Guy.. weight-training for only a year.. convinced he's maxed out.. constantly asking you for a gear source

ticboy is offline Junior Member
    The best one at my gym is "eye of the tiger", he comes in set up for incline press at the smith machine, puts 2 20kg plates on each side, sits down on his bench and then, in a very loud voice, psyches himself up by saying" Eye of the tiger, " Eye of the Tiger" for a few minutes then does about four or five reps and then leaves, i have never seen him do a full workout or work any other muscles

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Holy cr@p, there is this one freak that works out at my gym. I can't even begin to describe him well enough here for yall to understand, but let me try.

He's older, like early 50's, tall, skinny. He always wears khaki shorts and knit collared shirts. The thing is his hair is a f-ing disaster, I don't think he's ever combed it in his entire life. His glasses are on the tip of his nose and crooked, very crooked. He's always kinda squinting to see through them and curling up his lips. "Curling up his lips", no thats too mild. He's always contorting his lips and twisting his face and making these f-cked up facial expressions. When he gets on the cycle, he f-ing makes these sick noises like he's dying. For God sakes, a freaking cycle, ITS NOT THAT HARD. If that wasn't bad enough, he makes worse noise when he works out. Once I thought he was going to need an ambulance. Sometimes he tries to count while making these gross, retard sounding noises.

I have to get a video tape of this sh-t to do it justice.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    What about "THE UNDER-ACHIEVER" :

The poor fu*ker that gives 110% at all times, adheres to a very strict diet, doesn't drink, doesn't smoke and does quality cycles. Yet for some unknown reason he doesn't see the sort of gains you would expect for the dedication that he has.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical King
    What about "THE UNDER-ACHIEVER" :

The poor fu*ker that gives 110% at all times, adheres to a very strict diet, doesn't drink, doesn't smoke and does quality cycles. Yet for some unknown reason he doesn't see the sort of gains you would expect for the dedication that he has.
    You bastard, that me!!

JMack is offline Junior Member
    We have this little foreign guy that comes in about once a week. He manages to find the most inventive exercises with the cable machines, I didn’t know people could get there bodies in some of the positions he pulls off. On day I was going to sit in the sauna and I walk in to him laying floor of the sauna, no towel butt azz naked in a fetal position WTF.
    I can also talk about the people that work at the gym, one day someone got the exceptional idea to paint all the dumbbells with enamel paint, they had paint chips falling of for a year.

Chemical King is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JMack
    We have this little foreign guy that comes in about once a week. He manages to find the most inventive exercises with the cable machines, I didn’t know people could get there bodies in some of the positions he pulls off. On day I was going to sit in the sauna and I walk in to him laying floor of the sauna, no towel butt azz naked in a fetal position WTF.
    I can also talk about the people that work at the gym, one day someone got the exceptional idea to paint all the dumbbells with enamel paint, they had paint chips falling of for a year.
    Honestly, some people just havn't got a clue. Its like the gym I use at present. They closed the place because they got a £13,000 grant. We all though "great were gonna get some new gym equiptment", as this is the most used part of the building and generates the most revenue.

So anyway, 3 weeks later we turn up ready to go and what have they done ?
    "SPENT £13,000 on relaying the main hall floor" WTF. I used to work in that buisness myself and know it doesnt cost that much for the floor and noticed it had only been buffed up not relayed

Maraxus is offline Banned
    How about the 2 14 year olds wearing extra large wifebeaters when they can fit in a small, gawking at you while your benching instead of worrying about their own routine.

I hate those little fukers, but they always rerack my weights when im done.
    Maraxus loves that.

decadbal is offline Banned
    the ppl wwho do lat pulls and pull the bar to their lap... and about a foot in front of themselves

WS6_KID is offline Associate Member
    The Has been- Me and my bro go to do dead lift in the power rack only to find the bar is loaded on the SAFETY bars with 495 on it...well 5 plates on one side and 4 on the other. After waiting about ten minutes and doing some ab work no one comes along so e figure what the hell and start dismanteling this project when so late 40's guy comes around the corner. So we let him finish and what does he do. He puts 6 plates on each side and proceeds to squat. But he has the safety bars set so after coming down a whopping (no lie) 6 inches he bounes the bar off the safety bars and brings it up like hes actually doing something Unbelievable. The reason he took so long to get back to the rack. He was checking the sports scores.

The Senorita: This girl is dedicated she hit the gym consitantly with animal like intensity and her 5'6 140lb over sized booty is in a way attractive and down right seductive while i'm on. Yet despite her intensity and consistance her psychique never change....I feel bad for her.

Mr. clueless- This guy wears slacks and a t-shirt to the gym and does a different bench exercise each day.....never adding any weight to the bar or his already under sized body...nuff said.

The Gati Boys- These guys roll at least 6 deep and are all under 21 but look about 12. They stand in front of the mirrors and throw punches holding 10lb dumbells. Then they flex there abs, all 3 and 1/2 of them. Then do curls..more flexing...then leave

The Groupie: This ass clown talks to everyone and there mother giving feedback about the strengths and weaknesses. I was doing shrugs with 405 and he has the nerve to come over and say "Man its got to be no fun workingout with a monster like that" (talking to me little brother) Rather than rip his head off and punt it across the room I just said actually he's my personal trainer.

3Vandoo is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    When I was 16, I used to train at that ****ty ass gym. Anyway, one of the member there was a intelectual deficient, call him a mongolian or trisomic.
    So that small dude is kinda buff anyway and strong like hell. He went to the dumbells rack and took some 100lbs DD, and start doing curls, and he yells "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH AHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAAH". So, everyone turned to look at him. Then he did, shoulders, with some side laterals with the same dumbells still yelling like a madman "aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH H"

suddenly the DD in his left hand flew accross the room, so the dude started yelling harder "AAAAAAH AAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" and threw the other dumbell.

****, I never witnessed a gym getting emptied that fast!

roccoswello is offline Associate Member
    repost

alluprbdy is offline Associate Member
    My gym should be known as the gym of freaks its that f'n weird. First off we have a lot of the same characters everyone has. The old guys like 70+ who where the goofiest clothles youll ever see and dont really do anything at the gym but talk to other elderly. we have the crazy screaming man who seems to think he is a monkey, I mean this guy will climb up a machine and hang upside down for no apparent reason. He also gets so overly pcyhed up he lugi's in his shirt. We have some freak with a growth coming out of his eye who comes into the gym not to lift but "to study the bench press" and "to see what everyone is doing" quoted it b/c those are his exact words when asked. We have two strippers that come in and lift (no complaints on that one just distracting). We have this bill gates looking geek who has his own form that is unmistakeable. This guy will do shoulder press with dumbells and one at a time goes down and jumps up funny as hell. We have Mr. Strongman who brags about his strength even though he has spoters on both sides of the bar pulling up so hard their all red in the face. We have this guy called 80's who wears these crazy parachute pants with a million colors and those tanks that are huge and purple or green all neon though. I htink I've wrote enough but seriously I could go on forever.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Ive got:
    That Loud Black Guy - Always hear DMX from his headphones, which gives him no idea of how blessed loud he is yelling during leg extentions.

The Big Girl w/ the Trainer Always - You know her. Props to her for workin out with the trainer and tryin to change. Too bad the diet must be off at home, cause nothing ever changes.

The Starer - Always stares at you...(creepy)

The Zen Lifter - Meditates before doing his set, seems to do them in some other mental world. Doesnt bother me, just funny.

The Locals - The guys you see, dont know their names, but may have spotted them before or just know them enough to say hi every night when you see them.

The Crazy 50 Year old - Not a senior, but not young, the man just looks insane. Does pullups, and i swear someone runs a 40,000 volt current through the bar with the flailing motions hes making.

THE TOPPER - THIS IS THE GUY WHO SEES HOW MUCH WEIGHT YOU ARE DOING, AND THINKS YOU CARE WHAT HES DOING, SO HE HAS TO TOP YOU, AND PUTS ON 10 MORE LBS THAN YOU JUST TO PROOVE HES A MAN. Meanwhile, you have already done 4 exercises, and this is your 20th set, and you just dont care.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    I saw a dude doing a plate loading squat machine 1 day--this dude was putting plate after plate on the side bars that are for holding the weights when the machine is not in use.--then he'd do a set ,after about 6 sets he looked at us and said no matter how much weight he puts on it wasnt getting heavier---how do you even help someone like that-- I told him he was pretty strong--and then I had to walk away

decadbal is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapout
    I saw a dude doing a plate loading squat machine 1 day--this dude was putting plate after plate on the side bars that are for holding the weights when the machine is not in use.--then he'd do a set ,after about 6 sets he looked at us and said no matter how much weight he puts on it wasnt getting heavier---how do you even help someone like that-- I told him he was pretty strong--and then I had to walk away
    i did that to a hammer bench machine bc i thought it was the kind that held two rows of plates... yea little to say i still LOL at myself about it..

yea know decadbal some days i worry that that poor little dude went back to that machine some day with some training buddies and they loaded it right and it crushed him on his first set because i didnt set him straight

anyone whos spent some time in a gym has done something stupid that people laugh about---whats cool about being big is they dont do it to you

the funniest thing I ever did(it wasnt funny then though) was when i first started training at my first gym there was 2 locker rooms with men on both doors but on tues and thurs nights( i dint know this at the time) women used one of them--so i be bopped into the locker room and thre were a bunch of women changing--needless to say after a couple of minutes i walked out and the door said men--so when the trainer dude came over i was like dont yell at me put a sign on the door other than men

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkissos
    Gear Dog:

Guy.. weight-training for only a year.. convinced he's maxed out.. constantly asking you for a gear source
    did ya tell him to try eating?

9000rpm is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedzilla
    THE TOPPER - THIS IS THE GUY WHO SEES HOW MUCH WEIGHT YOU ARE DOING, AND THINKS YOU CARE WHAT HES DOING, SO HE HAS TO TOP YOU, AND PUTS ON 10 MORE LBS THAN YOU JUST TO PROOVE HES A MAN. Meanwhile, you have already done 4 exercises, and this is your 20th set, and you just dont care.
    I think I see this guy at least twice a week at the gym. But I call him The One Upper,..because he's always trying to one up you. It is especially bad for me since I'm a small guy. I'm 5'5" and 180lbs. But I have a deep history in powerlifting. So at the average gym, I'm lifting the same weights as the 220+ pounders.

But this guy seems to always be behind me and he's loud just so I'll look. But the sad part is, he's huge. He's probably 6'2" and 225lbs. And he won't even come in the squat room when I'm in there. He did once, saw that I was repping out with 435lbs, and left just as quickly.
    Last edited by 9000rpm; 01-03-2005 at 05:25 PM.

Hed
    Hed is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 9000rpm
    I think I see this guy at least twice a week at the gym. But I call him The One Upper,..because he's always trying to one up you. It is especially bad for me since I'm a small guy. I'm 5'5" and 180lbs. But I have a deep history in powerlifting. So at the average gym, I'm lifting the same weights as the 220+ pounders.

But this guy seems to always be behind me and he's loud just so I'll look. But the sad part is, he's huge. He's probably 6'2" and 225lbs. And he won't even come in the squiat room when I'm in there. He did once, saw that I was reping out with 435lbs, and left just as quickly.

You know exactly what im talking about!
    I think twice ive actually started playing the one-upper game back.....its more fun that way....

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapout

Dude that is some funny shiznit....I cant stop laughing

Poor fella

90redlx is offline Junior Member
    Last edited by 90redlx; 03-27-2014 at 09:36 AM.

DARKSEID is offline Senior Member
    gotta love the characters of the gym always good for a laugh when you need one. I saw something pretty interesting yesterday. Watching a somewhat muscular guy about 250lbs using straps to row just the bar, and proceeded to work up to 65lbs with the straps. I didn't think anybodys grip could be that weak.

ticboy is offline Junior Member
    I have just joined a new gym, saw this guy there to day who was walking around with those really tight running shrts, but pulled right up and a real big wife beater tucked into the pants. This guy weighs about 150-160 lbs but walks around like he is Ronnie Colman, chest puffed out and doing the air lats thing, (walking around with the arms flared out around pretend lats) I was benching and he came over and told me that I should put my feet up on the bench otherwise I would only be working out my legs and not my chest and arms, Not quite sure how he figured that one out.

90 you need to write a book on the gym characters--that was impressive

goodcents is offline "body piercing & body jewelry expert"
    [QUOTE=Powrlftr]My favorite is the guy who gets on the leg press and loads up 10 plates then only lowers the sled 1 inch on his reps.

There must be one of these guys at every gym , you have to love the grunting too Make the guy rack his plates!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information