PoPpaPaQ Guest

Fighting Techniques

I know theres a few bro's on here that are trained fighters so i figured id shoot a quick question. Im looking for links or free e-books on different styles of fighting and their techniques. I would also appreciate any links to specialized workout regiments pertaining to boxing and any other martial art.

thanks a lot

thegorilla is offline Associate Member

Imo

geoffthompson.com

THATS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THAT !

try some cat named Rickson too

my .02

TheInfamousApe

TheGorilla

PoPpaPaQ Guest
    tnkz.. u gotta order everything tho... Wouldn't mind ordering a few video's or books tho... anyone know of any free links?

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    honestly though you need to train or practice with someone, reading all the books wont do squat if you dont have experience practicing the techniques. even if your only do it once in a while it will be alot better then the books, use the books to get ideas, then try the ideas with a training partner. other then that the books are gonna be useless and give a false sense of protection

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Doing anything without proper instruction is a waste of time IMO. Seek out a dojo or boxing gym in your area or save your energy until you have the cash to do so.

You won't get much value from books other than some ideas. Techniques need to be learned hands on. The one book that is valuable IMO is "Tao of Jeet Kune Do". More philosophy of technique than technique itself. It's so very clear and to the point yet it touches on the things that everyone seems to forget or not think about in the first place.

Nothing compares to real practice though.

decadbal is offline Banned
    i took muy thai for a while, but then i just let all that go, got a concealed handguns lic. and dont worry about anyone and their type of fighting skills..lol

Thread Information