Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet

Think I'll take the 'ol rifle out.......

And murder a few animals.... Yeah, its a day for hunting.

Any other hunters here?.

Sierra_Breeze is offline Female Member
    Whatcha hunting? wabbits? better and make sure it's dead before ya try and carry it out lol Good luck happy hunting.

Spoon is offline 'Lurker at the threshold'
    I used to go hunting when i was younger. I hardly have time now. what kinda game do you get back home? I do hunt the occasional stray cat with my airgun

Spoon

Well if I'm going out this morning it'll be just local. Shoot a few wabbits and foxes. But game here is pretty much the same as the USA and canada. But getting a gun licence here is just crazy, for instance. I bought a Ruger 10/22 for my son (he's 12) [of course my name is on the licence] and had to wait 7 months for the licence to come through. A shotgun takes about 6 weeks and anything over those two, well lets just say FORGET IT!.

I'm the one wearing the hat and camo's, my son is in blue. His friend is holding my son's Ruger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Think I'll take the 'ol rifle out.......-gun-group1.jpg  

Them must be some powerfull arnery wabbits if it takes that much fire power to bag one! lol That sucks, about the gun deal, but I suppose it's suposed to be for your protection. Do you use dogs to hunt them wabbits?

That ruger is a good piece. I knew gun laws in Ireland were not as lenient as in the States but 7 months is too much. Why is it that long? geez i bet illegal possesion of firearms their is no joke!

Anyway wouldnt it be nice if we all had a chance to experience big game hunting like in the old days? especially in India or east africa. I find hunting small game less appealing

Spoon

Philliagorillia is offline Associate Member
    I use to be big into deer hunting along with everyone else in the family, we alawys hunt up in kirksville Mo. one of the best places in the U.S. to hunt whitetail. But i got burnt out on whitetail hunting. I mainly just goose/duck hunt, turkey hunt, and squirrls every now and then. Nothin like some good ole fried squirrl. But mainly i just shoot on my teams in the off seasons. Man i cant wait till it gets bit warmer, i wanna do some fishin and get me some big ole catfish and fry'em up. Yes im a hillybilly i know....

Dogs, well some guys I shoot with have dogs. I don't have myself. But yea, we use dogs. Spoon the gun laws here are in place because of our war in Northern Ireland. Possision of any kind of handgun is illegal. Forget it, ever BB guns are illegal here.

I shoot anything I can eat...and I like to eat..

Quote Originally Posted by Philliagorillia
    I use to be big into deer hunting along with everyone else in the family, we alawys hunt up in kirksville Mo. one of the best places in the U.S. to hunt whitetail. But i got burnt out on whitetail hunting. I mainly just goose/duck hunt, turkey hunt, and squirrls every now and then. Nothin like some good ole fried squirrl. But mainly i just shoot on my teams in the off seasons. Man i cant wait till it gets bit warmer, i wanna do some fishin and get me some big ole catfish and fry'em up. Yes im a hillybilly i know....
    Another month before we're deep sea fishing here, can't wait.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BOUNCER
    I'm the one wearing the hat and camo's, my son is in blue. His friend is holding my son's Ruger.
    Bouncer..what size are the rabbits over there?You guys hunt them with rifles?Why not lay a carrot on a land mine!!Either way there won't be much left of them.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    I shoot anything I can eat...and I like to eat..
    I almost never eat what I shoot

MMMMMMMM crispy catfish

Spoon

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    Bouncer..what size are the rabbits over there?You guys hunt them with rifles?Why not lay a carrot on a land mine!!Either way there won't be much left of them.
    Well last night the rabbit I saw was 7ft tall and pink...

Makes sense now...at least I understand the heavy weapons!!! I guess a ball of fur and a foot wouldn't be to appealing huh!!

Dogs, well some guys I shoot with have dogs. I don't have myself. But yea, we use dogs. Spoon the gun laws here are in place because of our war in Northern Ireland. Possision of any kind of handgun is illegal. Forget it, ever BB guns are illegal here.

Thats what i figured. With all those stiff gun laws im sure you guys have a large circulation of loose firearms! anyway happy hunting to you and your soon save some wabbit for us!

Spoon

Hubby hunts, turkeys, squirels, rabbits, and used to hunt racoons untill he got drug through a river straight up a hill and caught nothing but the flu, and a bunch of stickers needless to say he got over the coon hunting really fast. Plus he said I ruined his dog by making a pet of him

3vil3lmo is offline Junior Member
    I shoot rabbits. Australia doesn't have much larger animals. I would go after some kangaroo's but thats highly illegal, and its pretty hard to spot if its a mother or not. (Baby being in pouch and all. Hard to spot through aussie bush.)

Well you know us people here in southern ohio..dun't know any better..We just scrape it right off diz here road..That's what i call huntin... <<<hell id eat this elephant if i could get a clean shot through the brush pile out back...

I use to hunt with my rottie hehe, when that dog saw me open up the gun cabinet he started going crazy, one time me and him were rabbit huntin and he decided to do a little killin himself, that dog was smart i tell ya what. Haha i got some comments on the fried catfish, i figured there had to be some other country boys on here that like catfish dipped in egg then rolled in cornbread and fried up and some good ole sweet cornbread and beans...

Quote Originally Posted by 3vil3lmo
    I shoot rabbits. Australia doesn't have much larger animals. I would go after some kangaroo's but thats highly illegal, and its pretty hard to spot if its a mother or not. (Baby being in pouch and all. Hard to spot through aussie bush.)
    Now kango hunting would be fun.They're just like over grown rabbits!!!

I use to hunt with my rottie hehe, when that dog saw me open up the gun cabinet he started going crazy, one time me and him were rabbit huntin and he decided to do a little killin himself, that dog was smart i tell ya what. Haha i got some comments on the fried catfish, i figured there had to be some other country boys on here that like catfish dipped in egg then rolled in cornbread and fried up and some good ole sweet cornbread and beans...

That is one hell of a meal....

nj123 is offline Member
    i love to hunt and always have since i was little. Do yall have whitetails in Ireland BOUNCER?

Quote Originally Posted by goodtobeapimp
    That is one hell of a meal....
    Cant beat southern cookin man, I tell ya it helps when your on a bulking diet!

Quote Originally Posted by nj123
    i love to hunt and always have since i was little. Do yall have whitetails in Ireland BOUNCER?
    We need to ship those guys some real whitetails and gobblers to hunt, they need something besides rabbits and foxes to shoot at. Wonder if the poor guys has ever gotten to try friend catfish even...

TPAK is offline Associate Member
    I love to hunt. Turkey season is coming up very soon. Can't wait. I deer hunt as well. Have several guns. But my true love is Bow hunting. There is nothing else like it.

bigol'legs is offline Quadzilla
    you guys look like you could fit in with BB71 and swellin down in the hills...

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    I am a big whitetail deer hunter, I have hunted elk when I lived in Washington, I small game hunt and am looking into hunting AR terrorists in the future, LOL.

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    I hunt 2-legged vermin..

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I wanna go hunt something too! A banana maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by groverman1
    I am a big whitetail deer hunter, I have hunted elk when I lived in Washington, I small game hunt and am looking into hunting AR terrorists in the future, LOL.
    LOL...

Spoon

MachZ is offline Member
    I hunt all the time, Turkeys open here in 2 weeks.
    Got a 58" bull moose last fall, was about 1400lbs.
    Forget about handguns in Canada as well. You can get them legally but can't do anything other than go to the shooting range and straight home. This is after you inform the police of the time/place you will be transporting the weapon and you need approval to do so before hand.....

shadowman25 is offline Associate Member
    i'm from michigan originally and every year after deer season ends we blam bunnies every day. i love to shake and bake them legs!
    sorry to hear about the brit liberals who want to outlaw foxhunting and completely destroy british mens heritage over there. I guess those bloated old women in the anti gun lobby in UK forget that if your grandad hadn't carried his rifle they would have never been born at all.
    dust them bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    Insert "Dueling banjos" from deliverance here

Red

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Come October (so long as other variables allow it) I hope to send this warrior up for several kills... get me some wabbit like they did 4000 years ago ...

Nice 10/22! Is that a suppressor on the end? God I wish those were legal here...

Got a nice 10/22 myself... love that gun. Did a bit of work on it though, the 5 lbs trigger pull on it was a little ridiculous (but prolly safer for kids) so I worked it down to mere ounces (plus a few other nice mods).

Red

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

Hey Bouncer, wheres that guys neck standing next to u...

Guess im glad i live in South Florida. With my concealed weapons license i can walk into a gun store and walk out loaded...

OG

Swellin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bigol'legs
    Did somebody call my name? I'll just skip that stuff Red was talking.

Yes sir, I'm a hunter. I do a lot of hunting, but very little killing. I am in it for the hunt...not the kill. Although, I take pride in my preperation for the kill, so I can do so with the least amount of suffering for the animal.

Bouncer, can you add parts and make mods to the 10/22? If so, I have some spare stuff you might really like to try. I build these things into tournament ready rifles. I have one with a 14 oz trigger, thumbhole silhoutte stock, and a suppressor. With the suppressor, my best group is .18 inches (5 shots at 50 yards from the bench). This is with a cheap barrel too. I have built another one that I have yet to shoot. I have been waiting 6 months on the custom benchrest stock for it, but it has some really nice parts. I have a 10/22 magnum that I have converted to a 10/17 magnum. I just need to finish building the stock for it...but I am lazy. I also have a K10/22T (Ruger's stainless target version). I sent it to CPC and had their full workup on it. In reasonable wind conditions, it will hold 3/4" groups at 100yards...pretty good for a 22.

alevok Guest
    I hunt birds, ducks, geese, quails. sometimes wild boar... I used to compete in skeet shooting and that made me an excellent bird hunter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information