someday is offline Member

personal best 305 twice.

Just got back from the gym and did my best bench ever first time ever over 300 and got 305 twice....clean. It seems like only yesterday i was struggling to get 125 up twice. Oh yah body weight is 195 so that puts me at 110 pounds over body weight which i think is pretty dang good. Anyone else have any personal bests lately???

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Congrats! It is always a great feeling to get a personal record. Now you have to push hard for 315.

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Congrats bro...very nice lift.

palequail is offline Banned
    I know how you feel..Recently I put up 315...I weight 200......It always feels good to be getting stronger...

BigBull13 is offline Associate Member
    Congrats bro

ColdSore is offline Banned
    hell yeah bro...thats a good lifet...i only wish i could play with 300

decadbal is offline Banned
    awesome bro, now start aiming at 400

inheritmylife is offline Anabolic Member
    I trap bar deadlifted 425 16x a few weeks ago, thought that was pretty nice. I plan to video tape my next big one.

I'm at about 275x3 at 178-180lbs. So, I have a ways to go to 305x2. Great achievement bro.

I remember when I got 200 in high school. Good dang feeling.

Keep it up.

mass junkie is offline banned
    Nice lift.....I remember the day I broke 300 as well

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    concrates man way to go keep up the good job

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    good man, thats a solid lift

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    I trap bar deadlifted 425 16x a few weeks ago, thought that was pretty nice. I plan to video tape my next big one.

I'm at about 275x3 at 178-180lbs. So, I have a ways to go to 305x2. Great achievement bro.

I remember when I got 200 in high school. Good dang feeling.

Keep it up.
    hell yeah...the first time i pushed 2 plates on each side (225) i was pumped as hell...thought i was a tough guy...

425 16x's...**** bro...nice

Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    hell yeah...the first time i pushed 2 plates on each side (225) i was pumped as hell...thought i was a tough guy...

425 16x's...**** bro...nice

Yeah, 225 was something special too. The first time I ever tried it, I got it 3x. I was proud of myself....

until I remembered my buddy reping it as a sophmore in highschool. Gotta hate those genetic freaks.

Quote Originally Posted by inheritmylife
    Yeah, 225 was something special too. The first time I ever tried it, I got it 3x. I was proud of myself....

until I remembered my buddy reping it as a sophmore in highschool. Gotta hate those genetic freaks.
    yeah we had a guy that was repping 315 his senior year and got scholorship offers to UT and A&M and he turned them down....i saw him a few months agon and i bet he would be struggleing to hit 225 3-4 times

Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    yeah we had a guy that was repping 315 his senior year and got scholorship offers to UT and A&M and he turned them down....i saw him a few months agon and i bet he would be struggleing to hit 225 3-4 times

I love it when I see that. The guys that used to walk around punking everybody now have a little fear and uncertainty in their eyes when they talk to you...motivating.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    make sure u got spotter, not too fun when u gotta slide off weights on one side then watch other end of bar violently flip up and have the weights slide off that end, then u get 2 inch deep holes in ur floor....

samoth is offline Member
    Congrats Someday!! Do you primarily do bodybuilding or powerlifting?

Quote Originally Posted by Khull_Khuum
    make sure u got spotter, not too fun when u gotta slide off weights on one side then watch other end of bar violently flip up and have the weights slide off that end, then u get 2 inch deep holes in ur floor....
    Just flex your abs and 'set' the bar there... push/roll it to your upper quads (having small quads may cause some phallic discomfort here. We will assume you have large quads) , sit up, push/roll the bar to a few inches above knee level, row it up and onto the ground. I've only done this with less than 300lbs on the bar, so I wouldn't suggest this for the heavy pushers.

I now have a rack from EFS, custom for PLing with 0.5 inch hole spacing for the length of the bench movement, so I never have that problem anymore.

I'd be scared to lift without a rack any more... one slight slip of form and that bar ain't getting locked out and racked.

Phillyboy1 is offline Anabolic Member
    congradulations on your 305 push.
    i did a new personal best of 390 a couple of weeks ago. im at 188lbs now and i was about around 192lbs or so then, this was about 4 weeks ago

thegorilla is offline Associate Member

I do remember

Yeah bro, good job.

I remember 2 plates, 3 plates, 4 plates and .. well, I havent got 5 plates but Im staring at it.

TheInfamousApe

TheGorilla

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    i also remember the popular 225 lbs bench. I was on top of the word feelin all invincible, but now i laught at it......

congrats on 305 lbs bench

bornbad71 is offline Anabolic Member
    Very nice lift bro.....always good to see a bro reach a personal best. What weight do you have your goal set at? Continue the hard work and the lifts will keep going up.

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage
    i also remember the popular 225 lbs bench. I was on top of the word feelin all invincible, but now i laught at it......

congrats on 305 lbs bench
    ah yes the 225bench... i remember in high school the bad ass kids could do that. Funny how times change and thats nothing now

someday is offline Member
    I appreciate all the kind words yall. I've been feeling pretty good the last couple days i guess cuase i consider myself a stronger than average person now. I've been taking the last two days off from the gym cause i hate to push myself that hard and then go back the next day and risk injury of some sort. I'm back in tomarrow though and rarin to go. My goal ultimatly is to be a solid 200 or so, seeing as im 5'9" i figure thats a pretty good weight for my size especially if i could do it around 10% or so, but then again ill get there and want to be 210 then 220 and so on. It never ends.

Thread Information