Thread: Gpa??

ttuPrincess Guest

Gpa??

Does anyone know if you get a speacial Title, or anything if you graduate with a GPA of 3.5 or better from college?

HBP

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    This is an ANABOLIC forum not ACADEMIC.... lol. I'm sure you being a female and all the modes will give you one! Nice JOB though on the good marks!

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    Nerd....

ttuPrincess Guest
    Stop making fun of me... Im being serious!!!!! I want to know......

And Im not a NERD!!!!! Remember I have no job.. all I do is go to class, and workout.....

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    3.5 i am haveing trouble maintaning my 2.0

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    If you grad with a 3.5 or better on a 4 point scale you will graduate with honours, or cum laude. Summa cum laude if you are 3.75+.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    of course you do.....

Summa Cum Laude = 3.85+

Magna Cum Laude = 3.75+

Cum Laude = 3.5+
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

ttuPrincess Guest
    Sweet.. thanks so much ... Im standing at a 3.4 right now... 2 more semester to bring that up....

The only reason it means so much to me is because Im the 1st in my entire family to go to college..... Kinda trying to set a good example for my little sis...

And TTGB.. watch it.. If you have a teenage daughter who dances... I will more then likely be teaching her in a few years at summer camps... I can make or break dancers at young ages!! LOL J/K I would never hurt a young girls dreams!! I might charge you extra though!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by ttuPrincess
    Does anyone know if you get a speacial Title, or anything if you graduate with a GPA of 3.5 or better from college?
    Not until you learn how to spell 'special'

They have summer camp for strippers??

...If you have a teenage daughter who dances... I will more then likely be teaching her in a few years at summer camps...

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    And TTGB.. watch it.. If you have a teenage daughter who dances... I will more then likely be teaching her in a few years at summer camps... I can make or break dancers at young ages!! LOL J/K I would never hurt a young girls dreams!! I might charge you extra though!! LOL
    You know that I was just joking with ya! 3.4 is very close...wish I had graduated with honors. How many hours do you have left to bring up your GPA .1 or more?

Teenage daughter.....VERY scary thought....then I would have to pay for all the hell that I put other dads through when I was growing up. SCARY!

peace,

ttgb

juicehoe is offline Anabolic Member

And Im not a NERD!!!!! Remember I have no job.. all I do is go to class, and workout.....
    right on with that 3.4! keep cracking at it. And i remember i was a nerd for my love of computers... now its your turn bookworm!
    NERD!

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingtogetbig
    How many hours do you have left to bring up your GPA .1 or more?

peace,

ttgb
    I only need 20 more hours.. but Im gonna be taking atleast 24... I have to be a full time student to stay on insurance.... Im gonna lookinto retaking a couple classes for grade replacements to bump it up a tiny bit more...

OK YUP I AM OFFICIALLY A NERD!!!!!

HBP

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by chicamahomico
    Yes they do.. Im the head instructor.. specializing in pole and chair dancing.. LOL

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    retaking clases? consider yourself lucky. you can't retake clases at my school. only if you fail

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    retaking clases? consider yourself lucky. you can't retake clases at my school. only if you fail
    If you make a "d" or worse you can .. let me check hold up... DARN IT I made a C- in geology.. Wait Im wishing i had made a D???? WTF...... oh well....

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTommy
    3.5 i am haveing trouble maintaning my 2.0
    im right there with ya bro...princess has all the brains...and stole the little i had too!

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdStone
    im right there with ya bro...princess has all the brains...and stole the little i had too!
    I can't steal what you didn't have to begin with...J/K.... LOL guess Im sleeping on the couch tonight!!!!

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    pfff

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyk
    pfff
    pffff yourself

whiteyk is offline Pimp in Training
    pffff yourself

ahhh hellll no!

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by whiteyk
    ahhh hellll no!
    what are you gonna do about it?????

rambo is offline The Lord God
    BAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dude-Man is offline Anabolic Member
    depends on the school. At bu, you can graduate cum laude as long asy ou're in the top 10% of your class/school, whether that's with a 3.8 or a 1.8.

saboudian is offline Senior Member

That is the worst thing you can do. That means you are just another number.

cb25 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielle
    of course you do.....

Summa Cum Laude = 3.85+

Magna Cum Laude = 3.75+

Cum Laude = 3.5+
    At my undergrad, apparently, it was a little easier

Cum laude 3.4-3.59
    Magna Cum laude 3.6-3.79
    Summa Cum Laude 3.8+

I missed cum laude by 0.02....sonnofab*tch!

rambo is offline The Lord God
    Quote Originally Posted by cb25
    At my undergrad, apparently, it was a little easier

Cum laude 3.4-3.59
    Magna Cum laude 3.6-3.79
    Summa Cum Laude 3.8+

I missed cum laude by 0.02....sonnofab*tch!
    That's 'cause you went to ASU. Sucka.

ttuPrincess Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    That is the worst thing you can do. That means you are just another number.
    What do you mean by that??

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    graduated with 3.6 information systems major (undercover nerd) and yes it was with honors over 3.5 at any school as far as i know.

Well, no matter what anyone says, they're always gonna look at your gpa, so its important to have a solid number there.

However, there still gonna wanna see experience, volunteering, extracirricular activities, etc. (obviously this depends on your major). Lemme ask you a question, what are u going to talk about with an employer in an interview? Your GPA?

Its also likely, that most of the stuff that you learn in your classes you'll never use again, most skills you are going to learn won't be in the class room, and thats why this is so important, and they know this too.

There's not much of a difference between a student with a 3.4 and a 3.5, so i wouldn't bother retaking a bunch of classes just for a small increase. Do something with your time that you can really learn something, if you're premed, go volunteer at a hospital, if you're egring, go build a solar car. You're going to learn alot more doing those types of things than retaking some classes in which you already know the material, and its a much bigger plus, and certainly something you can elaborate on a resume or in a interview.

ttuPrincess Guest
    OK I absolutly understand what your saying Saboudian..

I will clear somethings up..... my major is dance.. by working out that not only includes the gym, but also 5-7 hours of rehearsal time a week. I have been in 5 dance shows since comnig to this University and ran lighting for a theatre show. And am being looked at for the position of assistant director for the show next semester.

As for what I will talk about at interviews, my GPA will mean nothing, because I can be the dumbest person in the world, but a terrific dancer and get the job. But I am not to worried about interviewing for a job, because I have basicaly had a terrific opportunity handed to me on a silver platter. No interviews, nothing. My mother's best friend owns the company that I work for, and has asked if I would like to buy 1/2 of the company after I graduate college and buy the rest when she retires. I am very lucky for this.

What I learn in the classes for my major I will use again, but that in itself is relative due to the major I am in.

There is a difference to me between a 3.4 and a 3.5... simply the words said after my name as I walk across the stage. In high school I graduated with a 89.8.. no rounding up... .2 away from honors... I was devistated. This is everything to me. I will not only be the 1st person to graduate college from my family, but setting a president for my younger sister entering college next year.

I hope now that we both understand where each person is coming from

samoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    depends on the school.
    Correct.

I love everything I've ever heard about this school. If I ever do a master's this is one of the places I will definitely consider attending.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisAdams
    depends on the school. At bu, you can graduate cum laude as long asy ou're in the top 10% of your class/school, whether that's with a 3.8 or a 1.8.
    Princess, look into your school's GPA calculation rules, many colleges don't use a straight line average when they factor in retaken courses. How they figure it out is completely school dependent. This will minimize the effects a better mark in the same course will have on your overall GPA enough so that it is not worth doing unless you are going to go from a 50 something to an 80 something....otherwise save your money.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    def. agree with you Saboudian....

i've learned more at my job by experiencing and seeing first hand how a business is run (i.e...dealing with customer problems, meeting deadlines, learning how to meet company goals, etc)......then i will EVER learn sitting in a classroom!!!
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

ttuPrincess Guest

Princess, look into your school's GPA calculation rules, many colleges don't use a straight line average when they factor in retaken courses. How they figure it out is completely school dependent. This will minimize the effects a better mark in the same course will have on your overall GPA enough so that it is not worth doing unless you are going to go from a 50 something to an 80 something....otherwise save your money.
    It just replaces it straight up.... but You have to have a D or worse.. and my lowest grade is a C-

Well, I wasn't couting on your major being dance, lol at myself.

BTW- That sounds like a tremendous oppurtunity, good luck and enjoy it. I myself am completey fed up with the job search.

Thread Information