thegorilla is offline Associate Member

Idaho Trial Could Be a Test of Patriot Act

Yahoo News :

Idaho Trial Could Be a Test of Patriot Act

Big brother is big enough !!!!

TheInfamousAper

TheGorilla

rambo is offline The Lord God
    This depends. If they can prove his other bank accounts, they have reasonable reasons to prosecute/incarcerate him. If not, he's done nothing wrong by our constitution. So it will be interesting.

Long&Strong is offline Associate Member
    Not to be an a$$, but I say if he helped them out even a little bit, it doesn't matter what rights he has as a U.S. citizen, he obviously isn't acting like one anyway. Send him back!!!

PurePower is offline Senior Member
    If he supported ANY terrorist group, I do not want him in my country. He should be given the MAXIUM on all counts, if he is found to be guilty. I do believe in innocent until proven guilty though.

Quote Originally Posted by Long&Strong
    Not to be an a$$, but I say if he helped them out even a little bit, it doesn't matter what rights he has as a U.S. citizen, he obviously isn't acting like one anyway.
    That's a strong statement from someone who has purchased and/or used Illegal Anabolic Steroids . We're the best country in the world because we are granted those rights.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    if you cant see the difference between steroids and terrorism - or frankly terrorism and pretty much anything else, I feel sorry for ya rambo - but I know you do - terrorism is similar to treason in my mind - because it really is unlike any other crime because it can threaten so many - even whackos like Malvo, who killed plenty - one small terrorist attack threatens many more than that

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    if you cant see the difference between steroids and terrorism - or frankly terrorism and pretty much anything else, I feel sorry for ya rambo - but I know you do - terrorism is similar to treason in my mind - because it really is unlike any other crime because it can threaten so many - even whackos like Malvo, who killed plenty - one small terrorist attack threatens many more than that
    <climb on soapbox>
    I'm glad you know me well enough to see the tangential notion of my analogy. It's obvious the scope of the two crimes is not analogous in the least. What I'm trying to get at is that the PROSECUTION and right to fair trial of a crime is still an essential civil liberty. It doesn't matter what crime, when we start bending on an issue so essential as this, we lose the foundations we were built on. </step down from soapbox>

thegorilla is offline Associate Member

hmm

I would have to agree with Rambo, this is the foundation of our entire system.

Once you start taking away these basic rights, whats next ?

TheInfamousApe

TheGorilla

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    you guys really need to read the patriot act - I gurantee you that none of you has - do you know of any other act that allows the fed gov to be sued if they abuse it? or that specifically requires a judge to sign off on it? (most search warrants get basically a clerks stamp)

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    you guys really need to read the patriot act - I gurantee you that none of you has - do you know of any other act that allows the fed gov to be sued if they abuse it? or that specifically requires a judge to sign off on it? (most search warrants get basically a clerks stamp)
    I've read it. Have YOU?

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    I bet that prosecutors really dig this act.

Thread Information