mass junkie is offline banned

Guess what I got in the mail today???

I went back to my old house to collect my mail....I'm awaiting a special package.....but ****ed if I didnt get a notice for Jury Duty........this sucks ass!!!!

Long&Strong is offline Associate Member
    I thought you were gonna say your sauce arrived...that does suck bro, but better you than me I guess...good luck

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    If you don't want to go, dont. They cant prove you ever got that summons; it's not registered.
    Allthough, Iv'e been summoned 3 times, and all times I ended up actually wanting to get on the jury to see how it turned out.

ttuPrincess Guest
    Just go in and act metally insane.. or better yet.. be yourself... LOL sorry.. ok Ill stop

ChiTownTommy is offline Senior Member
    im not regasterd to vote so they can't summon me to jury duty, :-)

ttuPrincess Guest
    Im still registered to vote where I went to school my freshman year.. which is 8 hours away.. so I dont have to go either..

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownTommy
    im not regasterd to vote so they can't summon me to jury duty, :-)

If your not a felon, and have a drivers liscense or SS#, your in the system. It's randomized; my mother has never been summoned. I'm 24 and have been three times

Da Bull is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mass junkie
    I went back to my old house to collect my mail....I'm awaiting a special package.....but ****ed if I didnt get a notice for Jury Duty........this sucks ass!!!!
    I got one of those in Miami also.Fill out the form and tell them your predjudice and they will relieve you promptly.

Danielle is offline Female Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bull
    I got one of those in Miami also.Fill out the form and tell them your predjudice and they will relieve you promptly.

exactly.......its pretty easy to get out of it

or say you have young children at home, which you do.....and your a caregiver......and there is no one else there to take care of them without you...............they cant force you then........
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, THAT IS STRENGTH

SwoleCat is offline AR Hall of Fame
    Tell them you love sitting in the juror chairs, just like the movies, and you love puttin' people away for LIFE!!!!

Needless to say, you won't get another summons for quite a while!

~SC~

Was summoned once many years ago and normally I probably would have answered the call to do my civic duty, but it was right around the time they were starting massive trials for a bunch of hells... no thanks... don't need that crap in my life!

Photocopied my fire dept ID and badge and sent it back to them... it's the last I heard from them ("essencial services" like Fire, EMS, nurses, doctors, police... are not required to accept jury duty requests in this province).

Red

dirtythirty is offline Associate Member
    just do what my grandpa did....walk in the building with a blues clues shirt on and your weiner hanging out of your fly. they love that kinda "ish"!

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Its ok, Mass - they probably have to let you out of it anyway - your courthouse is not likely to have proper facilities for midgets

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by CYCLEON
    Its ok, Mass - they probably have to let you out of it anyway - your courthouse is not likely to have proper facilities for midgets

no boster seats or highchairs

5211969 is offline Banned
    Go, Be an American citizen and do your duty, Hell it can't be that hard...and it might even be fun..

Sage is offline Anabolic Member
    when asked, i told them i enjoy watching "X Files" and they kicked me out for some reason, still got paid $20 a day which was just enough to get some grub at subway......

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I'm with Pheedno here. I think court cases have the potential to be interesting, entertaining and you might learn some neat sh*t about how the legal process works in reality. I would probably skip out if the case was lame IMO.

And Red, you made the right call......there is no way in hell some beaurocrat could get me to be on a jury for a case which involved any major organized crime figures. I'd feign a seizure if I had to to get releived of duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno
    If you don't want to go, dont. They cant prove you ever got that summons; it's not registered.
    Allthough, Iv'e been summoned 3 times, and all times I ended up actually wanting to get on the jury to see how it turned out.

Babyweight is offline Female Member
    So are you saying you haven't received my card yet????? Maybe it was the wrong address.

tryingtogetbig is offline Whiney Member
    quit being a pussy and do your time....you big ol homo.....

Thread Information