drop dead fred is offline New Member

Elite's Lawsuit...are we next?

Has anyone else received a letter from Elitefitness about their impending lawsuit from Muscletech?? Apparently, Muscletech is pissed off because some of Elite's members are flaming Muscletech's products....My question is this: how long till a company comes after ANY site (including this one), for allowing it's members to excersise their right to free speech? Muscletech's lawyers want Elitefitness to disclose personal info about it's members...specifically, the ones who made disparaging comments about Muscletech's products. I'm impressed with Spellwin's response...basically that he would sooner shut down his site then to violate his own privacy agreement. He invited muscletech to defend itself personally on Elite's discussion board rather than throw a lot of time and money into a lawsuit...
    I'm no big fan of elitefitness, but I don't think they deserve to be slapped with a law suit for allowing their members to speak their opinions openly....THIS IS AMERICA....RIGHT!?!?
    What do you guys think? I wish I could attach the letters, but I don't know how. If I can figure it out maybe I'll mail it to Jason and let him try to post it...if anyone else got the same letter, put it up (my computer skills are somewhat lacking).

Naturally Anabolic is offline Associate Member
    in my opinion, i believe it to be a scare tactic if nothing else... if they took such a thing to court they would lose hands down, and it is ridiculous to think they can censor the opinions of people!

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    People will sue for anything these days.
    They would have to prove malicious intent. And that's not possible in that situation because the members would be proctected under the 1st ammendment.
    Just a scare tactic like NatAna said....

M

drop dead fred is offline New Member
    that's what I thought, too. How can the site managers be held responsible for the opinions of it's members? The thing is, they're trying to get Elite to divulge confidential info about the members in question...probably to persue some knd of slander suit....Even if it isn't likely they'll win...there is nothing to stop any company from hiring a lawyer to TRY to push these people around. That's what bugs me...even if the Elitefitness wins the lawsuit...think of the time and expense involved just to protect ones self!!! What a crock of shit....

lil_josh is offline Junior Member
    muscletech is just ranting and raving and can't do jack shit because they have no legal right to in my opinion

HEY...IM GONNA SUE THE WWF FOR GIVING RAVEN (MTV TOUGH ENOUGH WINNER) A FREAKIN TITLE SHOT AND NOT ME...AFTER ALL I'VE BEEN IN THE BUSINESS FOR 10 YRS..WHAT ABOUT ME???WHAT ABOUT ME???
    Last edited by MR PHATT ASS; 02-04-2002 at 04:05 PM.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    WTF ?? Is MuscleTech high or something ??? With ALL THIS SHIT on the internet, they can't say shit or do shit about it. Have they even surfed the internet before to see what goes on in this wonderful world wide web ??? !!! ???

I think it's really really REALLY stupid. If they even think about doing something to this site, I will personally kick their asses!!!

Terinox

Mighty Joe is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds Like a nuisance Law Suit to me. Or the threat of one.

Its the kind of suit they know they can't win, but they can make you spend money to protect yourself!

mj

TheGame826 is offline Member
    all i gotta say is im gonna return all of my muscle tech products tomarrow

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Muscletech are the some of the best products you can buy I just don,t buy them because I feel they are overpriced I don,t like the way they advertise their product and if they are gonna sue my ass over those sort of comments I,d willingly go to court and see what happens.

Its all hype Muscletech are trying to be the "big" men and whether they sue Elite or not are they going to sue everyone who has an opinon? Sorry I thought we were entitled to say what we want as it is called freedom of speech.If Muscletech do go ahead with it it only shows how small and narrow minded they really are.

Canes4Ever is offline Banned

I'm surprised......

they would do this, its BAD for business. Even those that use their products may think twice about using them in the future, because of the "ill will" such a lawsuit might bring......

Sounds DUMB to me. Just my 2¢.

Wrathchild is offline Junior Member
    It really pisses me off how all this companies advertise their "legal alternatives" to steroids , "1250% more growth" crap, and the "400 pound juicer" that "got big with a "better protein bar", no one's gonna make me pay $50 for a can of "state of the art creatine" when I can get a Kilo of the same creatine for $30 (=200 servings) Am I missing the transport? well, for a couple of bucks I can add 2 or 3 pounds of pharmaceutical grade dextrose and ALA. MuscleTech products are excellent, but I get the same or better results with other products and reasonable prices. After all the best supplements I get'em at the groceries: beef, eggs, and turkey etc.

Ironweb is offline Member
    It's just bad business to do what they are doing. They should have went on and defended their position. By doing what they are doing it only proves the point of the people's opinion.

Wrathchild is offline Junior Member
    I think it's a big scam when these companies use words in the labels like "Deca ", "Para...", "Dbol " "bolan",etc. and try to make 'em sound like the real thing.

Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator
    Thats how they sell products its all down to marketing and got to give the guys at muscletech credit they sure know how to advertise LOL

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Muscletech CANNOT sue anybody for expressing their opinions, as long as those opinions aren't slanderous. Personally, I feel this will only hurt their image more. Nobody likes big companies that try to take down the little guys. They have obviously made marketing mistakes, such as 10 page "article/ads", and we have grown to despise that. I'd love to see Muscletech continue with these lawsuits until we give up on them completely. Maybe then we'll be able to read fitness magazines that contain scientic research that isn't conducted by these mysterious "independant labs".

Ironweb is offline Member
    That would be great excess. I can not hardly look through mags anymore. They have so much advertisement that it takes away from what you are picking up the mag for in the first place.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Wrathchild
    After all the best supplements I get'em at the groceries: beef, eggs, and turkey etc.

THANK YOU! Did you hear him boys and girls, what was the first item on his grocery list???

Read my 1st quote. That's all that needs to be said.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    i just wanted to say for the record and any future reference that i love muslcetech. i recomend their use to everyone. If your not using muscletech your not sh*t.

lol sue me now
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

SPEEDY is offline Junior Member
    i think that part of the reason why they were getting sued is because they have a board that gave bad opinions on muscletech while stating that the products they sell are better and cheaper. This will not stick in court...its total dump, and I cracked up when I read it.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    I used to use Muscletech until I heard of there lawsuit threats. I will go with a similar creatine to Celltech by Schwartz Laboratories. It was refered to me by someone on this board. Suppossedly it has almost identical ingredients and is made in the same place for a fraction of the cost. This is all hearsay to me. I have yet to check it out. If one of you checks it out let me know please.
    peace
    Big Rush

Mugs is offline Anabolic Member
    As the owner of the site I know exactly what we can and cant do. Elite has done nothing wrong, but Muscle tech is pissed and in the US you can sue for anything. Unfortunatley you have to hire an attorney and defend yourself even if you dont have money. That is the truth because I have been sued more than a couple times. :-) (not really funny) It sucks but they can cause allot of damage. more than likely thier lawyers are on payroll and have nothing better to do. On the other had we do not and have to hire ours most of the time "by the hour" My .02

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    Down with Muscletech!!!

mishon1 is offline Associate Member
    tru muscletesh sucks

manijak is offline Associate Member
    what was the first ammandment again?

Thread Information