batlin is offline Associate Member

Magic the Gathering?!?!

WTF, i was watching south park and I saw a commercial for "free special edition magic the gathering cards + tourney"

WTF, i didnt know nerds still played that gay ass game!

thetank is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by batlin
    WTF, i was watching south park and I saw a commercial for "free special edition magic the gathering cards + tourney"

WTF, i didnt know nerds still played that gay ass game!
    you're honestly gonna sit there and sully the wizardry i hold at my fingertips??..well i just pulled my magic karmic justice card on YOU bitch...yeah i cast you out homeboii...expect a meteor to hit your body where you sleep tonight....aint gonna be nothin left of yer ass but a skid mark ya hurds? infidel...

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by thetank
    you're honestly gonna sit there and sully the wizardry i hold at my fingertips??..well i just pulled my magic karmic justice card on YOU bitch...yeah i cast you out homeboii...expect a meteor to hit your body where you sleep tonight....aint gonna be nothin left of yer ass but a skid mark ya hurds? infidel...

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    haha i used to play magic when i was younger, still got all my cards too.

umm... errr...

I cant say a thing now........

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tadpoleboyy
    haha i used to play magic when i was younger, still got all my cards too.
    those must be worth millions by now.

domeyeahaigh is offline Senior Member
    pokemon is better yo

Mogamedogz is offline Member
    Nothing is nerdier than the guys that dress up like the characters, and go into the woods to have (pretend) Mystical battles.

They call it LARPING. (Live Action Role Playing). Geekiest shit EVER!!!

LMAO!!

Amorphic is offline Veritas, Aequitas ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogamedogz
    Nothing is nerdier than the guys that dress up like the characters, and go into the woods to have (pretend) Mystical battles.

LMAO!!

Hahaha, on that definetly made my day. The look on that guys face is priceless.

cookiemonstR is offline Associate Member
    I used to play when i was a kid, and had fun, but, i was going to a store to pick up halo 2 when it came out a couple years ago and it was on a friday night around 8 pm. There was a table in the back of the game store and they were playing Magic. No Big Deal right? 2 of the guys were easily in their 40's playing against kids who were 7-10...haha some funny

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    i played the card game like.. bout 10yrs ago.. hard core.. probably got .. probably close to 50+grand in cards right now sittin in my closet or more

got tons of foriegn korean/japanse rare prints and what not.. i used to love that shit- unlike CHESS where it was all skill.. MTG involved SKILL and LUCK! so i could still win even if i was an R TARD!

i really miss those days.. i would do tournys friday and saturday nights till like 4 am.. now shit is all stressful and stuff..

(HERE IS MUST READ PART, and i can NOT STRESS ENUFF ON HOW HOT THIS BLOND CHICK WAS or HOW DUMB, she had trouble saying multisyllable words)
    ONE TIME THIS DOOD CAME IN when we were starting a tourny.. and he was SUPER FAT defieenlty the guy off simpsons.. but his GF.. was SO ****ING HOT omg HOT! like WTF!!!!! but so dumb.. i was like 16-17 at the time. and boxed (muaythhbai so i was pretty jackd/lean) and had an open button shirt.. u know trying to impress the bad ass MTG'players and of course i faked baked but she comes up to me and starts PIDDLING w/ my buttons on my open colla shirt and is like OH wow u must get alot of sun.. do u ever get sun burnt? I WAS LIKE WTF ( i could LITERALLY FEEL HER WANTING TO HUMP ME..) then i hear "Holly! Sit here!" and she like snaps too and quickly moves over and sits down next to the guy ROFL ..

tadpoleboyy is offline Member
    haha i went to a few tournaments, my counterspell deck will defeat any of you, probly my elf deck too haha

cookiemonstR is offline Associate Member
    tai, whats the stress, whats ur job?

Quote Originally Posted by cookiemonstR
    tai, whats the stress, whats ur job?
    wat do u mean wats the stress .. wats my job.. i had a 600 overdraft by a chick that was kinda shitty my job is telling people how to eat properly

Yeah. It's ust silly to pretend you're someone else, make up some stupid name for yourself, have little symbols that represent your character, and try to gain power and prestige in a made up world, while you interact with other geeks who are doing the same thing.

"Magic the Gathering" is silly...it's clearly nothing like internet steroid discussion sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Roberts
    Yeah. It's ust silly to pretend you're someone else, make up some stupid name for yourself, have little symbols that represent your character, and try to gain power and prestige in a made up world, while you interact with other geeks who are doing the same thing.

"Magic the Gathering" is silly...it's clearly nothing like internet steroid discussion sites.
    and i will sacrficie my Sage Owl to counterspell ur Forum Internet Discussion Flame!

but in all honesty MTG = CHESS
    while FORUMS = DND

come on .. get ur nerdisms right!

Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa

but in all honesty MTG = CHESS
    while FORUMS = DND

come on .. get ur nerdisms right!
    http://www.anthony-roberts.com/blog/?p=211

Already did...

LawMan018 is offline Senior Member

LMAO!!

Dude, where'd you get that picture of me?

.. probably close to 50+grand in cards right now sittin in my closet or more
    LOL!!!! WHAAAAAT?!?!?!?! i dont know whats more ridiculous, the idea that magic cards are actually worth money to people, or the fact that you have 50 000 dollars worth in your ****in closet!!!! are you kidding me?!?!

LOL!!!! WHAAAAAT?!?!?!?! i dont know whats more ridiculous, the idea that magic cards are actually worth money to people, or the fact that you have 50 000 dollars worth in your ****in closet!!!! are you kidding me?!?!
    not one bit.. im seirsly thinkin of holdong on like another 20yrs then sellin them biches.. but my luck.. they will decrease LOL

TR'05 is offline Member
    This thread is sooo fuking hilarious!

LMAO!!

LOL live action...role playing. sounds like kind of a contradiction eh?
    a)i cant believe people dress up to play a CARD GAME.
    b)its even more ridiculous that they take thier CARD GAME into the woods to get into thier characters 'authentic' surroundings, for thier game of CARDS!! haha LARPING?!!??!! WHUUUAAAAT!!! haha, could you imagine walking through the woods, and coming across 2 adult men dressed in moon decalled robes and pointy hats sitting parallel on either side of a stump throwing cards down at it?!?!?! i would LOSE it.

b)its even more ridiculous that they take thier CARD GAME into the woods to get into thier characters 'authentic' surroundings, for thier game of CARDS!! haha LARPING?!!??!! WHUUUAAAAT!!! haha, could you imagine walking through the woods, and coming across 2 adult men dressed in moon decalled robes and pointy hats sitting parallel on either side of a stump throwing cards down at it?!?!?! i would LOSE it.
    Dude... It's FVCKIN hilarious!!! Check it out on you tube!! The dudes even yell out Magic Spells!! I saw one where this dork was dressed up in a Owl Cloak... wings and everything! He pounced off a tree squawking!!!

Bwwwhahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Just the thought of it makes me want to piss my pants lau***ng!!

i think i know who's gunna win..

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I was eating a few weeks ago at a restaurant and was seated with my back to the counter, I heard these dudes come in and they were talking about their fights and how many they needed to win to progress to the next level. I figured they were mma or something and didn't think too much of it. When they walked past where I was sitting, they were dresses like some of these people, and were talking about how their spells were the strongest ones and no one could stop them, I about choked on my drink, because they were easily in their 30's lol.

I remember the LARP people running around my college campus years ago.. they were the funniest people, sword fighting in the middle of the quad.. wearing capes to class... you think they would be smarter then to be sword fi***ng in front of all us greeks.. man did we have some good times lau***ng at them....

i think i know who's gunna win..
    I think the guy in the robe on the left yells out "fireball!, fireball" and blows the truck up.. but in the process kills his friend running after the truck with his sword....

not that I was there or anything...

I love the shorts!

I wonder what that guy in the truck is thinking?

Pooks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LawMan018

I wonder what that guy in the truck is thinking?
    LOL thats the guy in the shorts n boots LOL

HOLY CRAP you are right!!!
    OMG, I just did a google search and found that pic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So this thread has inspired me to go and watch a LARPING video on youtube to see what the hell it's all about... WEIRD! However I watched this one called the battle of forsynth and it looked like it was actually pretty cool, except for dressing up weird. Guys charged eachother and bam! People were flying, hitting the ground. And they did some wrestling towards the end and whoever hit their back on the ground first lost! So it got me thinking... I think we should band together as a team and since we're all big muscle heads, no one will stand a chance!

MagicalTrevor is offline New Member
    and i will sacrficie my Sage Owl to counterspell ur Forum Internet Discussion Flame!

I think I will st***e that.....

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalTrevor
    I think I will st***e that.....
    So magical trevor, is that you in your avatar????

unclemoney is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by batlin

I love the shorts!
    Hey look, 2 of our board members!!!... Far left, Tai, and to the right of him DSM!!!

dont make me "Monkey steals the peach" you

Thread Information