arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member

For all you mofo's that said my Pat's were going to get blown out!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For all you mofo's that said my Pat's were going to get blown out!!-a_vinatieri_vt.jpg  

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For all you mofo's that said my Pat's were going to get blown out!!-a_vinatieri_sp.jpg  

This is how I feel right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails For all you mofo's that said my Pat's were going to get blown out!!-vegetass1.jpg  

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    You feel like one of those pokemon guys. . .whats that guys name?

Diddy Kong?

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    Yeah, I felt like the lead singer of Twisted Sister too!

GenuinePL is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    Yeah, I felt like the lead singer of Twisted Sister too!
    LMAO, EX

Hey Arth. I don't think that even patriots fan's realized yet that their team has won. LOL (It was so inpossible that this thought of winning the superbowl haven't clicked over in their minds yet)

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    I admit...I had the Rams winning, but I was hoping for the Pats BIG TIME !!!! I thought they had it in the bag when Tebuke Jones ran back that 95yrd fumble recovery for a TD. I bet poor Willie McGinnest felt like shit after that holding call on Faulk...but what are you gonna do, the guy is tres dangerous!! He redeemed himself several plays later when he sacked Warner for a 9 yrd loss. Besides watching Vinetari blast a 48yrd FG as time ran out was much more dramatic...what a fantastic game!!!

bram is offline New Member
    Yesterday i saw a little of the game on tv, is this really the most favorite sport in america? I watched it for 15 min, and within that time there was only 5 min action. The rest of the time they had a break. After every tackle or bodycheck there was a break for severak minutes. Why they don't have a break every 20 min or something.

With all respect for American football, but why are those guys wearing all that protection? Oke for protection there body, but isn't it much harder without a protected armor all over your body.

Here in europe we have rugby, this sport is harder then american football. No protection for the body, those guys can suffer any bodycheck.

But the whole atmosphere around the game was beautifull.

No flame intended bram but I've played both sports and I can say that although Rugby is very tough and grueling and at times rough, some of the hits in American football are extremely brutal (albeit rare). In Rugby the tackles must be made below the chest, where as in American football you can take a guys head off 11 Things that do not happen in rugby...a 195 lb wide reciever running across mid field in full flight looks towards his quaterback and recieves the pass. Before he can turn around (he is totally prone and unprepared) he is slammed in the chest by a 250lb line backer running just as fast in the opposite direction !! Just watch a head on collision between a compact sports car and a heavy duty pick up and see who comes out on top. Point is you don't see that type of hitting in rugby...this is why body armour and protection is neccesary in Football.

Thanks for your explanation Pete.

Didn't know that rule about tackles above the chest, cool!!

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    In regards to Pete's rugby comments,

Well i played rugby until it preventing me from playing any more sports period. Except swimming, etc...but those don't count as sports in my opinion, but to prevent uprise i'll change what i said... it preventing me from playing any kind of contact or aggressive sport. And when we played rugby there was no rule about hitting above the waist, the rule is no hitting above and including the neck. Everything else is legal. Now we took blows like u've never seen b4, how many time on an average football season do u see a guy get up after a tackle and be covered in blood? not often, but in rugby this is seen at least once per game. Also in the scrum, if anyone reaches for the ball with anything but his feet, you are cleeted with steal cleet in the hands arms head what ever it may be. When u are tackled the first thing u do is cover your head cause u know where those cleets are going. One game a flanker of our cleeted a guy repeated in the face durring the whole scrum, and the ref didn't say shit. when he got up, fuck was he mad, but i don't think he could see anything cause it didn't look like he had a face anymore. So anyway, most of my team played football as well but they will all tell u that rugby is a lot harder, a lot tougher but in the end its all about the fun of the game.... oh yeah and the beer!

FI...no doubt that rugby is tough and can be brutal, that's not at debate here (I actually said no tackling above the chest) I was merely trying to demonstrate to Bram why it's necessary to wear head gear in American Rules Football. I for one, would not want Ray Lewis bearing down on my when I wasn't looking with no gear on

I saw this funny pic.

Thread Information