atlasDj is offline New Member

Question propecia and deca

I have heard not to take propecia while on deca , but I have yet to hear exactly what the problem is, does anyone know. I have been on propecia for about a year and I'd prefer to not stop.

Sokrates is offline New Member
    propecia is a 5ar inhibitor....this stops test from converting into DHT, but it will also stop deca 's nandrolone from converting into a less active metabolite (DHN) which is less harmful to hairloss than the original molecule.

Topical spiro is an option.

atlasDj is offline New Member
    How soon after my last injection would it be safe to resume using propecia?

Sokrates is offline New Member
    safe is a relative term. it could be safe to use it during a cycle depending on the amount of deca you are taking and how prone to hair loss you are. depending on how much test you are taking, and whether or not you are using topical spiro, it is conceivable that not taking propecia, even when taking deca, could be worse. you have to use your brain and think it through.

the safest approach is to use topical spiro (this blocks dht at the receptor site...vs systemic propecia which blocks the conversion to dht) until the deca is out of your system at which time you can go back to propecia. (candidly, the safest thing is probably to just add spiro to your propecia more generally and see how you do overall juicing aside, but that's another topic). overlap is ok.

for that calculate using a 7 day halflife...if you are injecting once a week you max out around roughly 2x the injection amount, ie 400 mg injected weekly ballpark max blood level of 800 mg, cut in half every week following last injection, so 3 weeks later roughly 100 mg in blood you start clomid and back to propecia that week or next.

.....these numbers are pretty rough. hope this makes sense to you.

Thread Information