mrmanners is offline Junior Member

Does anyone know anything about hypothyrodism?

It seems it can cause slowed metabolism as well as decreased sexdrive. I guess levothyroxine is the answer along with monitoring of the blood levels to get the dosage right. Has anyone had this and undergone the treatment for it?

MrM

damiongage is offline Anabolic Member
    search......Mallet and thyroid...he is the guru

Demon Deacon is offline Anabolic Member
    Yes mallet is very knowledgeable on the subject. PM him if you have to

Froggy is offline Member
    I don't have it, but three of my siblings do. Two of them take a daily synthroid pill and it fixes them right up...the other is also diabetic & he needs his blood levels checked much more often.

Illusion of size is offline Junior Member
    I have hypothyroidism.(diagnosed 2001) Currently take 200mcgs of synthroid ed.for the rest of my life.
    I can still do gear and ECA but clen kicks the sh*t outta me.
    Off cycle my recovery times are a little slower than two years ago( but that could also be age 35yr male)
    I'm never really the same as when I had an active thyroid since I take a fixed dose. (my body could adapt levels as required). ECA seems to make me fell better,even at low doses.

Doctors take a very slow approach to gtreatment. 1 month at 50mcgs, then 3 months at 100 mcg. Fcuk, it took forever to get to 200 mcg per day.

Can't train like I used too though, tire more easily, recuperate slower.

Mallet is the thyroid guru. pm him if you need advice. He is always helpfull.

Mallet is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmanners
    It seems it can cause slowed metabolism as well as decreased sexdrive. I guess levothyroxine is the answer along with monitoring of the blood levels to get the dosage right. Has anyone had this and undergone the treatment for it?

MrM
    Were you diagnosed with hypothyroidism, or are you just suffering from the symptoms? An easy way to tell how optimal your thyroid is functioning is to do the basal body temp test (BBT)..Do a search for "testing your thyroid function" this will give a good indication of low thyroid function or and over active (hyperthyroidism) as well.

draftwho2003 is offline New Member
    I know this thread it old but i'll post anyways. I've been treated for hypothyroidism for the past 6-8 month. Currently i'm on 100mcg on levothyroxine. Beside the side effects from Hypothyroidism, and the slower recovery as mentioned above is there anything else i should look for. Is there any supplement that will interfere with this or cause any problems? I'm only using creatine and protein and this point...

Thanks!

fred9 is offline Member
    depression is also a sympton of hypothyroid...most people with a depression are also checked on thyroidhormone levels..

olvios is offline New Member
    It brings down everything you do.Also any use of Gh,IGf and other steroids will effect it one way or another.Especially gh and igf so you have to be carefull to adapt.
    Igf & Hypothyroidism

Thread Information