newtogear is offline Junior Member

Propecia, Nolva, & Free Testosterone

i've got a curious question. i'm on a 500mg ew test-e cycle only. i'm taking:

10mg nolva,
    .25mg ldex, and
    1mg finasteride every day.

i know that when there's excess test in the system, it will convert to either dht, estrogen, or both. BUT...what happens when you're taking a product that inhibits dht conversion and also a product that inhibits (or blocks) estrogen conversion?? what happens to all that free test floating around in the system if it has noting to convert to?? and how does this affect muscle gain, if at all? thanks.
    Last edited by newtogear; 05-15-2004 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newtogear
    i've got a curious question. i'm on a 500mg ew test-e cycle only. i'm taking:

10mg nolva,
    .25mg ldex, and
    1mg finasteride every day.

i know that when there's excess test in the system, it will convert to either dht, estrogen, or both. BUT...what happens when you're taking a product that inhibits dht conversion and also a product that inhibits (or blocks) estrogen conversion?? what happens to all that free test floating around in the system if it has noting to convert to?? and how does this affect muscle gain, if at all? thanks.
    Test doesn't convert to either DHT or estrogen because there is excess test. It converts at a relatively constant rate to either (determined by the activity and amount of aromatase and 5a reductase). DHT can bind SHBG, which frees up more bioavailable test, so limiting DHT can reduce the % of bioavailable test. However, estrogens increase SHBG, whereas androgens decrease SHBG. So, reducing estrogen reduces SHBG, which frees up more bioavailable test. I can't predict what the relative magnitudes of each will be, but you'll likely have no noticeably decreased effects.

kubano28 is offline Associate Member
    good answer,cant do anybetter than that!!!!,

newtogear is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    Test doesn't convert to either DHT or estrogen because there is excess test. It converts at a relatively constant rate to either (determined by the activity and amount of aromatase and 5a reductase). DHT can bind SHBG, which frees up more bioavailable test, so limiting DHT can reduce the % of bioavailable test. However, estrogens increase SHBG, whereas androgens decrease SHBG. So, reducing estrogen reduces SHBG, which frees up more bioavailable test. I can't predict what the relative magnitudes of each will be, but you'll likely have no noticeably decreased effects.
    i don't know what shbg is. but would you say that the finasteride and nolva cancel eachother out? and it appears that since i'm taking both products....i'll have a lot of "biovailable test" in my system, which i guess would be a good thing.

Thread Information