J*U*icEd is offline Anabolic Member

arimidex== no sex drive?!

whats up with that??....im on 2 mg of arimidex a day and lately ive been noticing that i don't want to have sex as often.....and when i do i go soft sometimes......ive heard that this is an effect of having no estrogen in ur body.....HELP!!

Daniel S. is offline New Member
    Why are you on 2 mg/day???? What does the rest of your cycle like.....Im using .25mg/day and no bloat or loss of sex drive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel S.
    Why are you on 2 mg/day???? What does the rest of your cycle like.....Im using .25mg/day and no bloat or loss of sex drive.....
    well im very very prone to estrogen related sides....and ive tried 1mg a day but wasn't enough....the rest of my cycle goes like this....

week 1-12 sust 250 every 3 days
    week 4-14 EQ 400 mg a week

WHATS GOING ON????

Daniel S. is offline New Member
    Hey bro.......Why are you running your EQ past your test? When do you plan on starting clomid therapy?...You should stop the EQ one week before the test so the half lifes will match....

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Either put your EQ at 12, or your Sust at 14. Start clomid 3wks post.

2mg of a-dex is a lot bro. I do not see how that is neccessary. Back it down to 1mg. If 1mg is possitivley not enough. Go up in .25mg incriments.

Your lipids are probably screwed right now. Get on some policosanol(OTC supp derived from sugar cane) at 20-40mg a day. 10mg of Nolva ED wouldn't be a bad idea either

Quote Originally Posted by Pheedno

2mg of a-dex is a lot bro. I do not see how that is neccessary. Back it down to 1mg. If 1mg is possitivley not enough. Go up in .25mg incriments.

Your lipids are probably screwed right now. Get on some policosanol(OTC supp derived from sugar cane) at 20-40mg a day. 10mg of Nolva ED wouldn't be a bad idea either
    i was going to run the EQ past the test b/c i wanted to harden up the gaines alittle and get the harsh androgens out of my system before starting clomid therapy.....and too tell you the truth im already on 10 mgs of Nolva a day along with the 2 mgs of a-dex.....i was thinking of just gettin rid of the arimidex all together and gettin myself a whole lot of Nolva instead.....i have HCG would this help at all???

Help.....bump!!

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member

Pheedno,

Why do you think his lipids are screwed? Does arimidex adversely affect lipids? Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by BASK8KACE
    Pheedno,

Why do you think his lipids are screwed? Does arimidex adversely affect lipids? Please elaborate.

Inhibitors such as a-dex and femara effect lipids(primarily HDL) because estrogen greatly contributes in the stabilization of cholesterol. If you inhibit the production of estrogen, the lipid environment can become "unstable"

Now personally, a-dex/l-dex has not had an effect on my HDL(has the potential), but I've never used more than .5mg. Femara has dropped my HDL into the teens.

Nolva being a SERM, helps in eleminating blood estrogen by binding to the receptor, but doesn't prevent conversion; in addition it mimicks liver and bone estrogen which help in creating a healthy heart environment.

pheedno....help me out on what i should do....the only thing im concerned about with estrogen is gyno....thanks

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

he already told you, what are you missing?

Inhibitors such as a-dex and femara effect lipids(primarily HDL) because estrogen greatly contributes in the stabilization of cholesterol. If you inhibit the production of estrogen, the lipid environment can become "unstable"

Now personally, a-dex/l-dex has not had an effect on my HDL(has the potential), but I've never used more than .5mg. Femara has dropped my HDL into the teens.

Nolva being a SERM, helps in eleminating blood estrogen by binding to the receptor, but doesn't prevent conversion; in addition it mimicks liver and bone estrogen which help in creating a healthy heart environment.
    Thank you, Pheedno.

Does proviron , which is an armomatase inbitor like arimidex , have a similar adverse effect on lipids?

Well, I've never seen any bloodwork while provrion is being taken, and I've never heard anyone mention it before. BUT, any med that prevents estrogen production has the protential to effect the lipids. Inactivators won't(aromasin ), and SERMs won't

Thanks Pheedno.

I'm going through old posts and found this one. Wanted to add the following definition for others who reference this since you refered to SERM in your post:

SERM
    SELECTIVE ESTROGEN RECEPTOR MODULATORS

The group of drugs classified as SERM selectively acts on estrogen receptors present in different tissues and organs: breast, uterus, bones. Their agonistic action on bone and lipid metabolism has been documented in clinical trials. Positive influence on bones appears as the inhibition of bone resorption (confirmed with bone markers) and estrogen-like increase in bone mineral density, and in consequence decrease in the risk of osteoporotic bone fractures. Their agonistic action on lipids is shown as the decrease in serum total cholesterol, LDL-cholesterol, without significant influence on HDL-cholesterol and TG.
    SERM do not stimulate the uterus and breast, contrary to estrogens which increase the risk of neoplasms. Their unfavorable influence on the activation markers of hemostasis and fibrinolysis was not found.

Bump.

xxample

Well, I've never seen any bloodwork while provrion is being taken, and I've never heard anyone mention it before. BUT, any med that prevents estrogen production has the protential to effect the lipids. Inactivators won't(aromasin), and SERMs won't

I know it hasn't clearly/definitively been shown yet, but I think aromasin will have just as significant of an effect on HDL as do the inhibitors. Whether it be competive inhibition (AIs) or complete/permanent inactivation of aromatase (specifically, each aromatase enzyme to which aromasin binds), you're still getting the same net qualitative effect.....greatly reduced estrogen conversion.

I know it's not a hugely important issue, since one would likely be using a SERM (nolva) along side of it anyway.

I agree that 2mg/day of Adex is excessive....even 1mg/day is a lot. Maybe try 1mg/day with 20mg/day of nolva, if 10mg/day doesn't cut it....that's a far better option than going crazy on the AI dosing, as you've now found out.

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    2mg/day is too much. 0.25mg/day of Adex and 10mg/day of Nolva should be enaught
    Last edited by Mordecaipsi; 05-09-2004 at 06:50 PM. Reason: fixing pic

Thread Information