james55555 is offline Junior Member

sciatic nerve damage

I went to my doctor after having lower back pain and numbness in my left leg also my ass hurt. I told him it happened on my cycle so had an MRI done and found some damage to my sciatic nerve. I told him I had a few painful shots and one very painful shot. He told me the shot was too close to the sciatic nerve and is caused irritation and that I should stay off my feet for 3 days and ice it down 3 times per day. This was 5 months ago I did what he said and I still have pain in my left butt. Has anyone had a similar experience or advice? I want to start another cycle but I am afraid to.

TRE
    TRE is offline Anabolic Member
    no but **** man that sucks.

UrbanLegend is offline Senior Member
    My advice would be to play it safe and not start any cycle before you are feeling %100 healty. PM DocM, hes a doctor. There is always the option of telling your doctor, but I have heard so many horror stories about gear and docs finding out that I couldn't possibly reccomend that.......

simplecanibus is offline Associate Member
    i remember a great thread about glute shots and lots of people thinking they were doing it right when they weren't. i hope you feel better, seriously, cause that's a major issue, but here's the thread on glute shots if you're interested for next time not to hit that nerve again.

http://forums.anabolicreview.com//sh...ad.php?t=21360

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    No reason for that to ever happen with proper technique IMO

ya

Well I am no doctor but I bet everyone has had a painful shot or two. I was hopping to fond someone with a similar experience.

GymDog is offline Banned
    How about stop shooting in the butt? Why not bi's, pecs, or delts?

yes

Definitely the delts on my next cycle. I have had this gear for a long time I am dying to use it.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james55555
    Well I am no doctor but I bet everyone has had a painful shot or two. I was hopping to fond someone with a similar experience.
    Wasn't blaming you Bro - have had nurses I work with zap a patient like that - all it is on their part is laziness not to confirm where they are shooting someone

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by james55555
    I went to my doctor after having lower back pain and numbness in my left leg also my ass hurt. I told him it happened on my cycle so had an MRI done and found some damage to my sciatic nerve. I told him I had a few painful shots and one very painful shot. He told me the shot was too close to the sciatic nerve and is caused irritation and that I should stay off my feet for 3 days and ice it down 3 times per day. This was 5 months ago I did what he said and I still have pain in my left butt. Has anyone had a similar experience or advice? I want to start another cycle but I am afraid to.
    James55555,

I hope you recover well and quickly from your injury.

This is exactly why I had written a thread about glute shots. You're lucky you didn't cause more damage. If you had nicked the sciactic nerve with the needle or put more pressure on it, you could have been paralized permanantly from damage to the sciactic nerve (this is NOT an exaggeration).

I respect XBiker, the creator of spotinjections.com, but the pictures of his glute shots which many refer to are way too low, and give examples of an injection area that puts the sciactic nerve at risk. In his defense, he has asked me to send pictures of someone putting a needle in the gluteus medius. I sent pics to him, but he didn't like the ones I sent.

NO ONE should be injecting in the Gluteus Maximus (the large part of the butt) because you risk hitting the sciactic nerve and causing irreversible, permanent damage. You should inject in the Gluteus Medius or in some other area, NOT in the Gluteus Maximus. NOTE: The Gluteus Maximus is considered an acceptable place for intramuscular shots; but if you are not a trained professional, then you risk damaging the sciactic nerve. So in general, you should avoid using the Gluteus Maximus as an area of injection--even using shorter needles is dangerous if you inject to low, or your nerve is in an abnormal spot.

Quote Originally Posted by simplecanibus
    i remember a great thread about glute shots and lots of people thinking they were doing it right when they weren't. i hope you feel better, seriously, cause that's a major issue, but here's the thread on glute shots if you're interested for next time not to hit that nerve again.

http://forums.anabolicreview.com//sh...ad.php?t=21360
    Simplecanibus,

I'm glad you wrote this response, I was about to post the link to the thread you mentioned. It's the the thread I started regarding glute shots, the sciactic nerve, the gluteus medius and gluteus maximus.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 05-18-2004 at 11:25 PM.

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GymDog
    How about stop shooting in the butt? Why not bi's, pecs, or delts?
    agreed!

50ATHLETE is offline New Member
    i HAVE HAD OVER 20 STERIOD EPIDORIALS AND 3 BACK OPERATIONS. i HAVE SOME NERVE DAMAGE. i AM CONSIDERING TAKING ANABOLIC STERIODS AT MY AGE HOW CAN IT HURT. I AM STILL SOLID AS A ROCK AND HAVE SOLD MUSCLE MAS AND HAVE NEVER TAKEN STERIODS. I FIGURE IT CAN ONLY HELP. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???

n00bs is offline Member
    Caplocks are on bro

Flier is offline Productive Member
    Gluteus Medius? Never heard of it, and I donīt think I have it, mine is all Maximus.

Itīs too hard to reach around there anyway, many other easier spots.

Thread Information