JuiceManJake is offline New Member

Steroids for Injury Recovery

I have been nursing a nagging injury which I believe to be either a groin pull or mild inguinal hernia which up until now has been managable with good warmups and ice after lifting or running. I have already made an appointment with my HMO doctor to get a solid diagnosis on this but it won't be for weeks.

Question: If I were to have an appointment with a more 'sympathetic' doctor, are there any anabolics I could ask for that will help me recover quicker and minimize my risk of training with this injury? Are cortisone type anti-inflammatory drugs worth considering?

UrbanDawg is offline Banned
    Your doc will NOT precribe AAS to recover from a muscle tear. If they would - then they prob. just precribe it to you to get big. If itsa hernia then you better get it repoaired.
    If its a muscle pull or slight muscle tear - then AAS will speed that healing. Im mid cycle and I tore a muscle in my thigh. It healed perfectly in about 10 days. When I was 10 years younger these tears took a month or more to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceManJake
    I have been nursing a nagging injury which I believe to be either a groin pull or mild inguinal hernia which up until now has been managable with good warmups and ice after lifting or running. I have already made an appointment with my HMO doctor to get a solid diagnosis on this but it won't be for weeks.

Question: If I were to have an appointment with a more 'sympathetic' doctor, are there any anabolics I could ask for that will help me recover quicker and minimize my risk of training with this injury? Are cortisone type anti-inflammatory drugs worth considering?

Thread Information