sportmuaythai is offline New Member

Should I do steroid ?

I have been a very hard gainer, having weight of 117lbs, 5ft7in, 25 years old with no weight lifting experience. At 36, I bought some weights and through trials and error, managed to put on weights at snail pace. I even joined 1st class gym to get proper training. Now at 58, I weigh 139lbs BF%14-15, resting pulse 60bpm, no drug, no alcohol, no smoke. I train in muaythai 3times aweek, and bicycle quite hard. I'm not a BB, but have tried unsuccessfully in the last few years to get my weight up. All I get would be fat and aching body. Then I was told that Dbol would help me achieve my dream. Fortunately, I came across your web site, and a few others. After much follw up, I am ever so perplexed. Will the gain be worthwhile, considering all the risks involved? Lets say, I start with a 2 weeks of Dbol at 30mg/day, proper diet, exercise, and rest with PCT, long break, 2nd cycle 250 Test E 10weeks/250mg and 1-4 weeks/30mg Dbol/day, PCT and long break, 3rd cycle, same with addition of Deca 10 wks/250mg. Then may be a cut cycle. After that I will quit AS. I will have doctor check and guide pre cycle, during cycle, and post cycle. Sound good, so what is the problem? Like I mentioned above, I'm not a BB. I only do maintainance weight lifting just to look good. After 2 weeks of wt exercise 3/week, I get the physique I need and its off for 2 months. Then I again repeat my exercise regimen. It's nice that muscles have memory. Now, after the 3-4 cycles of AS and I'm off for good, will my body response to the 2-3 weeks of exercise per 2 months? My hopeful weight is 154lbs, BF%14.

barbarian is offline Banned
    no your to small man gain more weight first naturaly

Antwan is offline Associate Member
    Well he is 58. I think its now or never. I would go for it.

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Well he is 58. I think its now or never. I would go for it.
    I agree, if he was in his 20s or 30s I'd say pack on some more natural mass, but if you really think AAS is the only way and you've tried your best for years then I'd say go for it as well, probably won't get another chance.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    If he can not gain naturally by eatting and training then AS will be a waste at 58 or 28.

What's your diet look like?

JoeB is offline Associate Member
    In my opinion, 3 cycles won't give you what you're looking for. Work and consistency will put on muscle... steroids will only speed that process up a little. You still need to lift heavy and consistently. You will enjoy the cycles, but you won't maintain anything without proper and consistent diet and workout

UrbanDawg is offline Banned

do not do steroid

no - dont waste the time and energy. Lie mud said if you cant gain w/o juice you will not get much from a cycle.

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sportmuaythai
    I have been a very hard gainer, having weight of 117lbs, 5ft7in, 25 years old with no weight lifting experience. At 36, I bought some weights and through trials and error, managed to put on weights at snail pace. I even joined 1st class gym to get proper training. Now at 58, I weigh 139lbs BF%14-15, resting pulse 60bpm, no drug, no alcohol, no smoke. I train in muaythai 3times aweek, and bicycle quite hard. I'm not a BB, but have tried unsuccessfully in the last few years to get my weight up. All I get would be fat and aching body. Then I was told that Dbol would help me achieve my dream. Fortunately, I came across your web site, and a few others. After much follw up, I am ever so perplexed. Will the gain be worthwhile, considering all the risks involved? Lets say, I start with a 2 weeks of Dbol at 30mg/day, proper diet, exercise, and rest with PCT, long break, 2nd cycle 250 Test E 10weeks/250mg and 1-4 weeks/30mg Dbol/day, PCT and long break, 3rd cycle, same with addition of Deca 10 wks/250mg. Then may be a cut cycle. After that I will quit AS. I will have doctor check and guide pre cycle, during cycle, and post cycle. Sound good, so what is the problem? Like I mentioned above, I'm not a BB. I only do maintainance weight lifting just to look good. After 2 weeks of wt exercise 3/week, I get the physique I need and its off for 2 months. Then I again repeat my exercise regimen. It's nice that muscles have memory. Now, after the 3-4 cycles of AS and I'm off for good, will my body response to the 2-3 weeks of exercise per 2 months? My hopeful weight is 154lbs, BF%14.
    Dude, you're never gaining weight because you barely work out right. Anyone really think about that training schedule. No, your muscles won't just remember that they were twice as big back when you worked out 2 months before. Muscle memory refers to the ability to build that muscle back up easier if you did have it before. It's no miracle though. Try training 1 muscle group a wekk for 1-2 years. That's 5-6 days a week. Do 3-4 lifts per body part/9-12 sets per lift. Don't work out for a few months, then take a few off, then work out a few weeks, then wonder why you aren't gaining. Jeez. And don't take AS until you are going to work out consistentely for the rest of your able to work out life.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    Go for it, you only live once so you may as well be happy before you get prostate cancer. Just make sure you are eating 4 or 5k cals a day.

Thanks for all your advices. To those who wondered why I only train 2 weeks every 2 months, let me add that I have trained at commercial gym religously for consecutive cycles of 10weeks on 1 week break with snail pace gain. However, I confess that I have also dropped weight lifting to stray into my other hobbies. I'm not a BB, but lift weight to improve my appearance and to gain advantage in the sports that I happened to be involved with. After 52-53 years of age, I couldn't make further progress in gaining quality body mass, and have taken time off to pursue my other sporting interests such as muaythai and bicycling. I found that if I would lift weight about 2weeks every 2 months, my body would response quite well and I would have toned muscles. I consider this maintainance exercise. I would like to put on a little more lean muscles to improve my appearance, to punch and kick harder, and sprint my bicycle faster. If steroid usage is too much of health risk despite doctor monitoring, and is reserved for elite body builders only then I accept your reccommendation. I'm not sulking but sincerely appreciate your feed back.

Ambulance is offline Member
    Thanks for all your advices. To those who wondered why I only train 2 weeks every 2 months, let me add that I have trained at commercial gym religously for consecutive cycles of 10weeks on 1 week break with snail pace gain. However, I confess that I have also dropped weight lifting to stray into my other hobbies. I'm not a BB, but lift weight to improve my appearance and to gain advantage in the sports that I happened to be involved with. After 52-53 years of age, I couldn't make further progress in gaining quality body mass, and have taken time off to pursue my other sporting interests such as muaythai and bicycling. I found that if I would lift weight about 2weeks every 2 months, my body would response quite well and I would have toned muscles. I consider this maintainance exercise. I would like to put on a little more lean muscles to improve my appearance, to punch and kick harder, and sprint my bicycle faster. If steroid usage is too much of health risk despite doctor monitoring, and is reserved for elite body builders only then I accept your reccommendation. I'm not sulking but sincerely appreciate your feed back.
    If you get that good of results in 2 weeks, why stop there...keep lifting and see what you can do. Your not gaining any more muscle because you stop.... very simple my friend

Talk to your doctor though...get yourself a script and use when you peak out naturally.

Justincase is offline Associate Member
    At 58 yrs old I would talk to my doctor and have blood work done.......he may put you
    on HRT....this could really help you gain lean mass at a safe pace.

Blackac is offline Associate Member
    Let me ell u from expienece. There are a lot of people that are born lucky, some big, some with genetics. Me on the other hand i grew up to be real scrawny. At 21 i was 5'8" and weighed about 129lbs 17%BF. i stayed that way untill i hit 25 ill say. Finnaly i hit the gym and changed my diet around completely. Im a very hardgainer. Now for 1-1/2 straight i went to he gym, no slacking 4x a week, consuming 4000 calories a day 500 grams of carbs, and 300 grams of protien. i went from 125lbs-156 lbs naturally. I took my first cycle, and gained a solid 9lbs of weight that i kept. Now i am at 162-165lbs, 8%BF. My next cycle should take me to 173LBS hopefully, where ill like to be.
    AAS just speeds up the process a little. Just a story for u to think upon...

-The_Bouncer- is offline Junior Member
    Consult your doctor, get your eats in order, get ur workout in order, and of all is fine and ready, Giver.... You may not have the opportunity later on in life.

Good luck bro

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I am on HRT (plus) and I am only 38. If you get your test level checked it is probably low anyway. If nothing else you will get a feeling of well being and possible slight gains.

I say go for it and keep it at a low level. It sounds like you are healthy and stay fit I don't see it as bad at all. You don't have to be or want to be Mr Olympia to improve yourself.

JoeB is offline Associate Member
    I still feel that if you do a few cycles, you'll enjoy them, but will return to your present condition after unless you stick to a training diet and workout plan.

You're body looks the way it is because of how you eat and train (be that fit or unfit). Steroids will only change that for a short period then it's back to your present state.

thats nonsence, doesnt make a difference if your 20 or 60 years old, if your not hitting the gym HARD ENOUGH, then theres no point in beeing there(unless your like the rest of america looking to burn off only the ****ty calories they put in there body's from the meals before).

dont waste your time.

Russ616 is offline Senior Member
    no no and no you should not take steroids . Get a membership to the gym and go. ( on a normal basis ). and start consuming food... Dont treat steroids as miracle drug, because they are not...

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    I can feel for you. When I graduated high school at age 17 I was about 6'4" and 145 lbs. It has taken me another 17 years and I am at 6'4" 225.

I was also so thin I looked like I was from a third world country and had no food while in fact I was eating 4000 calories, lifting wieghts, and having a quart of ice cream before bed for good measure in conjuction with weight gainers.

I have managed to put on 80lbs and still have the same waist size. I put on the first 55lbs naturally and the last 25 or so I had a little help. I think my metabolism has slowed which has allowed me to work to get to a more normal weight. I hope you figure out something that will make you happy.

I thought getting to 200lbs would be impossible, now I am looking to reach 240. Good luck!

Again I must express my sincere thanks for all members who took the trouble to advise me. I realized that I shouldn't do steroid , since I'm not a BB. I'm already enjoying my life with my sports and feel reasonably healthy. To those who gave me positive encouragement, thank you very much. Best wishes.

Thread Information