Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mgronbach417 is offline New Member

its stupid to lift then booze it up huh?

yeah, im adicted to two things, well three, lifting, booze, and girls. but my question is if you lift then drink alot, does that make it pointless that u just lifted? i know im not the only one that does this either so those of yall that do it too speak up, thanks.

map200uk is offline Anabolic Member
    not pointless, but it hinders progress and isnt really of any benefit :|

larry3436 is offline Associate Member
    i would say if your getting smashed every night its pretty much pointless.Smoke a joint instead , then munch on some protien.

powerlifter is offline Anabolic Member
    your liver is working hard enough JMO

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    i would say if your getting smashed every night its pretty much pointless.Smoke a joint instead , then munch on some protien.

Agreed
    getting hammered just dehydrates you and hinders you progress, blazing up on the other hand... munchies never hurt anyone
    as long as you don't do it before a workout, then youd just be too **** tired

jbigdog69 is offline Banned
    Yes!!!
    Last edited by takara; 05-11-2004 at 12:32 AM.

beeffreak6 is offline Associate Member
    Make a decision about what is more important and your life and do only one. I am a alcoholic so i had to quit drinking but now i am seeing huge differences since i quit drinking totally. I was big then but it was only holding me back. I would put all my energy into one thing and go for it!

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-Cent
    Agreed
    getting hammered just dehydrates you and hinders you progress, blazing up on the other hand... munchies never hurt anyone
    as long as you don't do it before a workout, then youd just be too **** tired
    i beg to differ, i know alot of people who smoke in the gym parking lot i go to, and highly recommend it because the weed is making you lift slower and is giving you more intensity in your work outs. just something to ponder.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LilVito469
    i beg to differ, i know alot of people who smoke in the gym parking lot i go to, and highly recommend it because the weed is making you lift slower and is giving you more intensity in your work outs. just something to ponder.
    what are you talking about.....what evidence do you have on that

Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker
    what are you talking about.....what evidence do you have on that
    the evidence is trial on my self, why dont you guys try it? see i smoke probably alot more than you guys, when i smoke i dont get the munchies or giggles like they claim, when i smoke i can still do things that have to get done... my evidence is potheads who work out tell me this because they have been doing it for such a long time. try it out and lemme know what you think.

ok, i see what you are saying...the only thing that i would say is that once you get to a point that you are smoking in an almost addicted like manner where you dont get the same effects any more that the reason you may be doing better in a workout is because one is dependent on the drug and is having withdrawl without it but after smoking is much stronger, etc.

but i am no scientist, this is just what i notice and what other people seem to notice. the best i can tell u is to try it for your self.

the evidence is trial on my self, why dont you guys try it? see i smoke probably alot more than you guys, when i smoke i dont get the munchies or giggles like they claim, when i smoke i can still do things that have to get done... my evidence is potheads who work out tell me this because they have been doing it for such a long time. try it out and lemme know what you think.
    Dude anybody who is serious about training knows that smoking is stupid and so is weed. Dont get me wrong i love getting ripped on weed but i quit that stuff to reach my goals. I used to smoke blunts before the gym i know

ok, i see what you are saying...the only thing that i would say is that once you get to a point that you are smoking in an almost addicted like manner where you dont get the same effects any more that the reason you may be doing better in a workout is because one is dependent on the drug and is having withdrawl without it but after smoking is much stronger, etc.
    no sorry pal, im just not a lightweight like you... i dont see why u had to come out nd flame saying im dependent on weed, all i said was i beg to differ and its something you should ponder. sorry if when i smoke a joint i dont laugh ridiculously like a little school girl like you do, im just sayin when u smoke weed for a while u get to a point where u loose the giggles and munchies.

bjayg is offline Member
    no thanks, but to each is his own bro...........

GearAholic is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    thats f*ckin nuts..... i do not think i could smoke it up and lift i would straight up trip out, knock over sh*t, and prob hurt myself.....

no sorry pal, im just not a lightweight like you... i dont see why u had to come out nd flame saying im dependent on weed, all i said was i beg to differ and its something you should ponder. sorry if when i smoke a joint i dont laugh ridiculously like a little school girl like you do, im just sayin when u smoke weed for a while u get to a point where u loose the giggles and munchies.
    first off, i apologize---i shouldnt have used the word "you." I just meant it in generality. If one is dependent then they may need to smoke before a workout in order to eliminate withdrawl symptoms or put them in a normal state of arousal. I did not intend it to be aimed at you.

And i wouldnt call me a light weight....

btw on the drinking bro it hinders ur gains liek crazy trust me i know this from expirence its just not totally a waste but like some 1 said a few posts up ur livers working hard enough, i just totally stopped drinking for the longest and now i am seeing gains like crazy, i give in once or twice a monty and i may have a few drinks just enough to get a good buzz but thats on the weekend on a day i am not working out and i prob don't drink more than 5-6 beers

first off, i apologize---i shouldnt have used the word "you." I just meant it in generality. If one is dependent then they may need to smoke before a workout in order to eliminate withdrawl symptoms or put them in a normal state of arousal. I did not intend it to be aimed at you.

no hard feelings taken...i know what u mean but i do know alot of people who do smoke before they head to the gym do it just before they hit the gym and maybe at night before they go to bed and have like a protein shake with it. they use the weed as a thing to get in their own mental state in the gym and as a relaxation thing at night after a hard days work and a hard workout.and im shure your not a lightweight. your older than me and im shure you have been doin it longer than i have

SportsMedVIP is offline Anabolic Member

You must not have ever really smoked too much since you keep refering to withdrawal symptoms. Smoking some before a workout and wether anyone should or not depends on the individual and what they want. Weed only makes you giggle and get munchies, as it's been put, if you let it. It's not like alcohol where things happen wether you like it or not. Maybe the munchies aren't an easy fight but in the end that's just will power, and most would like a little boost to their appetite. I find it makes me more focused and able to ignore everyone else in the gym but don't rely on it like you think someone that smokes a fair amount would. And I would say I smoke a fair amount. But again, everyone's different and if you find it's no good for you ... it's no good for you.

no hard feelings taken...i know what u mean but i do know alot of people who do smoke before they head to the gym do it just before they hit the gym and maybe at night before they go to bed and have like a protein shake with it. they use the weed as a thing to get in their own mental state in the gym and as a relaxation thing at night after a hard days work and a hard workout.and im shure your not a lightweight. your older than me and im shure you have been doin it longer than i have
    see...everyone can get along....lol

Quote Originally Posted by ECoastVIP
    You must not have ever really smoked too much since you keep refering to withdrawal symptoms. Smoking some before a workout and wether anyone should or not depends on the individual and what they want. Weed only makes you giggle and get munchies, as it's been put, if you let it. It's not like alcohol where things happen wether you like it or not. Maybe the munchies aren't an easy fight but in the end that's just will power, and most would like a little boost to their appetite. I find it makes me more focused and able to ignore everyone else in the gym but don't rely on it like you think someone that smokes a fair amount would. And I would say I smoke a fair amount. But again, everyone's different and if you find it's no good for you ... it's no good for you.
    Actually, you must not have smoked to much since you dont know what withdrawl symptoms are. They are not the effects that you get when you are on the drug such as giggling, but rather are the effects that occur when you develop a dependence on a drug and do not have the drug in your body.

Dont talk sh.it unless you know your sh.it.

Levitan is offline New Member

Smokin weed

LMFAO...this is great entertainment....I could just see myself smokin a blunt, and training legs....they would have to give me cpr to get me off the floor...I train hard....I would love to see someone smoke a blunt, and keep up with me, and Im no bad a@$ either...IMO I just dont see it....but to each their own, and it makes for hilarious reading....
    Train hard...smoke on if thats your thang

And if i misread your post, your still wrong. Withdrawls symptoms and dependence to happen to a degree.

And if i misread your post, your still wrong. Withdrawls symptoms and dependence to happen to a degree.
    Any sort of "withdrawal" symptoms (and you did misread my post, or maybe I miswrote it,either way) are purely mental and again a matter of will power. And on top of that so negligible that it's not what I would call incorrect to say there aren't any. If by withdrawal symptoms you mean the desire to smoke some more than they do exist, but I don't think that's the definition of withdrawal symptoms. That desire is 100% mental and the equivelant of any pre-workout routine you decide to take up and then don't want to stop, like stretching. Marijuana is 100% not physically addictive and therefore you do not withdraw.

Quote Originally Posted by Levitan
    LMFAO...this is great entertainment....I could just see myself smokin a blunt, and training legs....they would have to give me cpr to get me off the floor...I train hard....I would love to see someone smoke a blunt, and keep up with me, and Im no bad a@$ either...IMO I just dont see it....but to each their own, and it makes for hilarious reading....
    Train hard...smoke on if thats your thang
    Not to say that you're wrong, but I know a good handful of athletes that smoke freely and are in tremendous shape. They work just as hard as any other person in the gym and at their sport and are on the professional level. If you want to say it holds you back, then maybe we can say they work harded than you, since they are pro with what they're doing so obviously it's working for them. JMO from what I have experienced and have seen myself.

Any sort of "withdrawal" symptoms (and you did misread my post, or maybe I miswrote it,either way) are purely mental and again a matter of will power. And on top of that so negligible that it's not what I would call incorrect to say there aren't any. If by withdrawal symptoms you mean the desire to smoke some more than they do exist, but I don't think that's the definition of withdrawal symptoms. That desire is 100% mental and the equivelant of any pre-workout routine you decide to take up and then don't want to stop, like stretching. Marijuana is 100% not physically addictive and therefore you do not withdraw.
    actually, i dont think that you can say that it is 100% not physically addictive. There is evidence both ways. Ill dig up some interesting studies for you.

From the Science of Marijuana by Leslie L Iversen.
    “The effect of THC on dopamine release is apparently due to it’s ability to trigger a release of naturally occurring opioid substances in the brain. There seems to be some crossover in the dependence syndromes caused by cannabinoids and opioids. One could suggest that the reason some people become dependent on marijuana is because they can become addicted to their own naturally occurring opioid chemicals. Using marijuana may prime the brain to seek substances like heroin that act on the same opiate receptors.

ALSO HERE ARE SOME GOOD STUDIES....check them out

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q..._uids=14560320

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q..._uids=12827346

Where is your info

ahah **** score bwhitaker-1 eastcoast and lil vito- 0

From the Science of Marijuana by Leslie L Iversen.
    “The effect of THC on dopamine release is apparently due to it’s ability to trigger a release of naturally occurring opioid substances in the brain. There seems to be some crossover in the dependence syndromes caused by cannabinoids and opioids. One could suggest that the reason some people become dependent on marijuana is because they can become addicted to their own naturally occurring opioid chemicals. Using marijuana may prime the brain to seek substances like heroin that act on the same opiate receptors.

ALSO HERE ARE SOME GOOD STUDIES....check them out

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q..._uids=14560320

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q..._uids=12827346

Where is your info
    Look, I'm not looking to argue this point with you as there are no 100% iron clad studies that prove it either way. Each side has their studies and they contradict each other. But to retort to what you put up there. Stretching also releases dopamine in your body, as does cracking your knuckles. This stretch to prove that THC is addictive is pretty far fetched. To say you can develop a dependecy to THC because of a dopamine release that one study found is like saying you're addicted to banging your head on the wall, an activity that also causes this release. And your first link is to a study relating to THC in pill form. I find that to not relate to the herbal version of THC as directly as you'd like, enough that I don't think a comparison can be made if you're going to a clinical study level with this. And the second study just showed that monkeys will self administer something they enjoy. How odd is that. Either way, to each his own. Consider me ignorant if it makes you feel better. I agree with your statement from earlier though, we can all get along.

fitnessguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GearAholic
    ahah **** score bwhitaker-1 eastcoast and lil vito- 0

No, i wasnt saying that my studies PROVED that it was addictive, just that you cant say that it is 100% true that is isnt.

Also it wasnt saying that one becomes addicted to the increased dopamine necessarily but from the release of naturally occuring opiods. Also i doubt the increase in dopamine from cracking ones knuckles is the same as smoking weed.

PS...and if you ask any knuckle popper, they are addicted to it. lol

No, i wasnt saying that my studies PROVED that it was addictive, just that you cant say that it is 100% true that is isnt.

Also it wasnt saying that one becomes addicted to the increased dopamine necessarily but from the release of naturally occuring opiods. Also i doubt the increase in dopamine from cracking ones knuckles is the same as smoking weed.

PS...and if you ask any knuckle popper, they are addicted to it. lol
    The important thing here is that "I can smoke more marijuana than anyone else in the world!" Anyone know who that quote is from? Hint: It happened on a Monday night.

got me

by the way....does anybody have anyway for me to get a hookup on some bud tonight...just let me know

panabolic is offline Associate Member

Talking

Your taxin your liver pretty heavy especially if your on a cycle...def not heathy bro...I like larry's comment about the J and then snackin on some protien drinks. lol.

flabbywussy is offline Senior Member
    you are dead wrong buddy! when you smoke weed for a long period of time you do go into withrawal it's proven! do a search.not mental either ,PHYSICAL like nicotine, or opiates.your body craves it. if you don't believe keep smokin and remember this thread in a couple of years(that's if you can with all that weed) and then you will understand.by the way it also can't be good for you when you work out i mean come on ! bad posture is one of the main side effects of a habitual weed smoker not to mention poor motivation,and laziness! i think all you guys defending it are addicted,and in denial.sorry i would rather spend my money on gear and cigarettes.oh,yeah and for all you people that smoke weed and are going to say something about me smokin ciggs....like this"why smoke cigarettes it does nothin for you at least you get high on weed!" well i think it's better to just die from lung cancer than to die stupid and with lung cancer.
    Last edited by flabbywussy; 05-19-2004 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flabbywussy
    you are dead wrong buddy! when you smoke weed for a long period of time you do go into withrawal it's proven! do a search.not mental either ,PHYSICAL like nicotine, or opiates.your body craves it. if you don't believe keep smokin and remember this thread in a couple of years(that's if you can with all that weed) and then you will understand.by the way it also can't be good for you when you work out i mean come on ! bad posture is one of the main side effects of a habitual weed smoker not to mention poor motivation,and laziness! i think all you guys defending it are addicted,and in denial.sorry i would rather spend my money on gear and cigarettes.oh,yeah and for all you people that smoke weed and are going to say something about me smokin ciggs....like this"why smoke cigarettes it does nothin for you at least you get high on weed!" well i think it's better to just die from lung cancer than to die stupid and with lung cancer.
    I totally disagree with this sh*t i mean dude i smoked for 5 years solid and heavy at least a 1/4 oz a day. Weed is not physically addictive i know first hand i dont care about any studies. Smoking is just stupid period! Weed or butts i mean they hold u back in a sense plus u stink. I am not defending smoking at all i quit totally. And i was not addicted believe me noone goes to rehab for friggin weed! lol

Blackac is offline Associate Member
    Bros why do any drugs ona cycle anyways, some people spend $100-$800 on a cycle, why not do it perfect from day 1 and discipline urself. Its only 10 to 12 weeks, ur result will be better anyways...Im a pot herad as it is and i love to drink, but hey u have to make sacrafices, its will power i guess...

carlo is offline Associate Member
    Marijuana, alcohol,coke....no good! in my own case is bad enough I am using ASS, plus using coke and test can cause a bad blood clot twice as bad as using ASS by itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information