ItalianFlex is offline Junior Member

High Blood Pressure

Hey guys i havent been feeling well the past week so i went and got my blood checked im pretty high around 170....i NEED to bring it down please any suggestions would b very helpful thanks guy

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    What are your stats and what are you taking?? Also, what was your complete reading??

Doc M

Im not sure the full reading all i was told is 170....im 5'8 180lbs and im taking 500 mgs of test eth one cc on mon one cc on thurs...iv been on for about 2 weeks.....

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianFlex
    Im not sure the full reading all i was told is 170....im 5'8 180lbs and im taking 500 mgs of test eth one cc on mon one cc on thurs...iv been on for about 2 weeks.....
    You need to get it checked again..ANd who checked it?? Friend, Doctor, Nurse

Doc

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Try one of the machines you see in the pharmacy, that you put your arm into, push a button and it squeezes your arm and gives you a reading. Those are very accurate as far as I've found bro, a doc is probably better but at least you could put your mind at ease a little if it gave a lower reading. All of them here are free so why not

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah i agree with one cent, also if it is high. drink 2 gallons of water a day and watch the sodium!! i know thats a shiit load of water but it works! peace and good luck

Quote Originally Posted by hung-solo
    yeah i agree with one cent, also if it is high. drink 2 gallons of water a day and watch the sodium!! i know thats a shiit load of water but it works! peace and good luck
    Keep in mind when using the electronic machines often found in Walmart's, drug stores, etc., that they are designed for people who have average sized arms..If you have anything above 14 inches, you are probably going to get an inaccurate reading..Have it done manually by a health care professional..

Doc M

1-Cent is offline Anabolic Member
    Keep in mind when using the electronic machines often found in Walmart's, drug stores, etc., that they are designed for people who have average sized arms..If you have anything above 14 inches, you are probably going to get an inaccurate reading..Have it done manually by a health care professional..
    Really? I didn't know that, I learnt something today lol

hung-solo is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc M

Doc M
    yeah good point i didnt think of that either

Yea i was useing a machine from a local store......i was told taurine can help alot when takein at a dosage of 3-4 grams a day...whats ur thoughts on that?

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    There's a few types of blood pressure meds around . . . some (catapres) work by making all the blood vessels expand (more volume, less pressure), some work by ridding your body of extra fluid (diuretics like dyazide). If you're going to take either of these, you really need to keep your blood mineral levels checked monthly so things don't get out of hand and you pass out (and maybe die).

GNC, I think, sells stuff with taraxatone, which is an herbal diiuretic. No idea how well it works.
    In my experience, the prescription stuff will reduce your blood pressure 20 points or so, so you still need to do other stuff like drink water and do lots of moderate intensity cardio (walking, slow jogging), and lead a relatively low-stress lifestyle. After you do all this and you still have high blood pressure, you're gonna have to reduce the amount of magic you take.
    -Tock
    Last edited by *Narkissos*; 05-12-2004 at 11:35 AM.

Thread Information