BajanBastard is offline VET Retired

How to keep on growing on 15+wks cycle.

Hi bros,
    First most of us know that Androgen Receptor sites do not "burn out" this is hogwash in fact the opposite is true, the AR upregulate and muliply to make use of all the new high concentrations of AAS in the blood....the reason you need to increace AS doses after a few cycles is because of the added muscle mass ( more AR sites) from previous cycle. NOW how do i keep on growing during a say 20 week cycle? Assuming diet, rest, training etc is good is there anything that can be done to maximize AAS caused growth? the one i know that slows down cycle muscle gains of is the SHBG increase, which i can combat with the use of proviron +insulin . Are there any other growth-slowing actions i should know about? thanks guys.
    Last edited by BajanBastard; 05-19-2004 at 10:47 PM.

BajanBastard is offline VET Retired
    bump+post whore

Quote Originally Posted by big k.l.g
    Hi bros,
    First most of us know that Androgen Receptor sites do not "burn out" this is hogwash in fact the opposite is true, the AR upregulate and muliply to make use of all the new high concentrations in blood....the reason you need to increace AS doses after a few cycles is because of the added muscle mass ( more AR sites) from previous cycle. NOW how do i keep on growing during a say 20 week cycle? Assuming diet, rest, training etc is good is there anything that can be done to maximize AAS caused growth? the one i know that slows down cycle muscle gains of is the SHBG increase, which i can combat with the use of proviron+insulin. Are there any other growth-slowing actions i should know about? thanks guys.
    I've posted my theory on AR receptors over prolonged exposure to supraphysiological doses of AAS over time. ARs are upregulated initially in response to increased ligand (AAS) concentrations. However, it's been shown in vitro (but not yet in vivo) that ARs do downregulate over time, when exposed to constant high levels of AAS (test). Androgens lower SHBG levels, whereas estrogens increase SHBG levels, so utilizing sufficient anti e's throughout a cycle can have advantages from many different standpoints. During an AAS cycle, if sufficient anti e's are used, your bioavailable AAS (akin to bioavailable test in a "natural" athlete) will be much higher than when not on cycle. SHBG will creep up over time, but your % bioavailable test should still be much higher than off cycle. A couple things to try during the latter half or latter 1/3 of a longer cycle would be to incorporate proviron and/or to slightly increase doses (but plan your starting doses with this in mind). I'm in now way a proponent of big doses. Your body seeks homeostasis by many mechanisms and will adjust to Xmg/wk of AAS. Increasing that dose after a long run at a constant dose has the potential to increase expression of ARs once again. Another thing that many do is to add in more androgenic compounds towards the end of their longer cycles, which can again lower SHBG levels in addition to providing their inherent anabolic and androgenic effects.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Lot of good points einstein and I agree with your post and will be doing pretty much what you have written.

I'm not going to add or change the compounds being ran in my current cycle but will be upping my dosages 25mg per day. As of now I'm running 100mg Prop ED and 100mg EQ EOD......... After week 15 I will start running 125mg Prop ED and 125mg EQ EOD and see what this will do for my cycle.

Also, another thing I have learned is when gains stop comming on it's ususally because your calorie intake needs to be bumped up......... This isn't an option for me this cycle but have seen increase in my bulking cycles by doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    Also, another thing I have learned is when gains stop comming on it's ususally because your calorie intake needs to be bumped up.........
    This can't be stressed enough. I should have mentioned that before anything else I said. You NEED to maintain a fairly excessive positive caloric intake to grow big. I know JB is good at drilling that point home, and he's right.

big_mike is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by einstein1905
    This can't be stressed enough. I should have mentioned that before anything else I said. You NEED to maintain a fairly excessive positive caloric intake to grow big. I know JB is good at drilling that point home, and he's right.
    SPOT ON!!

I agree with the both of you bros. Once you gain weight, you MUST eat MORE to grow.

best advice

SaTyR is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by big_mike
    SPOT ON!!

I agree with the both of you bros. Once you gain weight, you MUST eat MORE to grow.

best advice
    Exacly , most are still eating the same at week 14 as they did on week 2 , since you have gained more lbs you have to eat more than you did at the beginning of your cyle . EAT EAT EAT !

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    So if you were to hit the wall lets say at week 20 (allowing proper cals) that a good dose of an androgen should get you growing again. Like maybe tren or halo?

dangit is offline Member
    Yeah, it's important to eat like a pig when doing a bulking cycle and trying to put on mass. I don't worry too much about putting on fat when I'm bulking. This way I just make sure I eat, eat and eat some more. Need to fuel the furnace

A lot of people don't seem to understand just how many calories it takes to be big and stay big.

I was stuck last year and had to start throwing in protein drinks in between meals to keep on growing. This was on top of the 6 meals a day that I was already eating. I've figured out long ago that my body seems to be comfortable at around 200lbs and to stay over this weight, then I really have to crank up the calorie intake.

Thread Information