Thread: Bust...

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod

Bust...

This guy gets A++ in my book!!

BUST
    HAMILTON -- Authorities arrested an East Windsor man for alleged possession of anabolic steroids which, they believe, he purchased over the Internet and sold to athletes and bodybuilders, officials said yesterday.

James Newmeyer, 42, of Gardenview Terrace, was arrested when he arrived home about 8:15 p.m. Thursday after a six-week investigation by the county prosecutor’s office’s Special Investigations Unit.

During a search of his home, officers seized about $20,000 worth of anabolic steroids in Newmeyer’s kitchen cabinet and in closets throughout his home, officials said.

The drugs included testosterone , propionate , enanthate , Sustanoon 250, Deca -Durabolin , and Durabolin, according to a statement from the Mercer County Prosecutor’s Office.

Officers also seized glass vials and hundreds of syringes.

The SIU investigation revealed that Newmeyer allegedly purchased large quantities of various steroids from China on the Internet and was allegedly repackaging the steroids for sale to bodybuilders, the prosecutor’s office said.

The bust raises the issue of steroid use among athletes and bodybuilders.

An informal survey by The Trentonian yesterday showed mixed opinions from weightlifters when it comes to steroid use.

One individual, who openly admitted he uses steroids, said the drug helps him bulk up for dirtbike competition.

"Sometimes things aren’t fun unless they’re dangerous," Richard, a 28-year-old Hamilton resident, said as he arrived at an area gym.

"I’m that type of person," he said as arrived in his SUV.

Richard explained that he needs the extra heft when he’s throwing his 400-pound dirtbike around the track at 130 mph.

"I’ve got two bikes in the back of my trailer. It’s a little bit of an advantage for me when I’m at the track (racing the bikes). It gives me an edge in my performance.As long as the bikes are legal they don’t say anything about the person driving it."

Another patron at the same club said he would never use steroids . He said he has seen steroid users before weightlifting competition and they look grotesquely oversized.

"It looked like super-human strength," Dennis, 40, said as he arrived on his bicycle, sweating and listening to headphones.

At another area gym an amateur bodybuilder, with a cut body that would make any gym rat jealous, said he has never touched ‘roids’ -- the street name for steroids. Instead, he sticks to a strict diet and exercise routine.

"I’ve seen guys do it that are competing in shows because they want to look the best that they can," the man said. "Then I’ve seen guys who do it in an attempt to look as good as they think that they should look. A lot of people that use them think it’s an easy way out and they don’t have to train as hard. That’s not true at all."

Steroid abuse has been shown to lead to an increased risk for heart attacks, strokes and liver damage. Abusing anabolic steroids can also lead to men developing enlarged breasts and women’s bodies can become masculinized, according to the SteroidAbuse.org website.

Users, like Richard, claim the drugs act almost like a fountain of youth.

"You’re just able to do more weight, get a few more reps. When you wake up, you kind of have that ‘top of the world’ feeling like you’re 17 again," he said.

Yet even Richard exercises some caution.

"I am doctor supervised," he said. "I do get my blood tested and make sure my liver’s OK. (The doctor) wasn’t happy about it. But he has to take care of his patient."

Newmeyer was charged with multiple counts of narcotic possession and possession with the intent to distribute. He was released on his own recognizance.

The Mercer County Sheriff’s Office, East Windsor Township police, Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office and the East Brunswick police department assisted in the arrest.

Thats why its very important to have a 'clean house' if you're gonna do that kinda stuff.

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    good article mb.

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MBaraso
    "I’ve seen guys do it that are competing in shows because they want to look the best that they can," the man said. "Then I’ve seen guys who do it in an attempt to look as good as they think that they should look. A lot of people that use them think it’s an easy way out and they don’t have to train as hard. That’s not true at all."
    Surprised the above quote even made it to the paper. Usually steroids are depicted by the media as quoting some clueless doctor touting all the dangers of aas and how steroids are a huge detriment to society.

Good read by the way MB.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Good article, I wonder how he got under the microscope

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm very suprised that info made it to press with the way today's liberal media tries to villify steroids . Good article.

-moto

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    Wow, 20k worth of juice and they OR'd him...Maybe they (law enforcement) are starting to get their heads out...

motoxxxguy is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironfist
    Wow, 20k worth of juice and they OR'd him...Maybe they (law enforcement) are starting to get their heads out...
    Yeah, I noticed that too. I was expecting a $200,000 bail!

-moto

palequail is offline Banned
    yeah but 20 grand could be an exageration...they might think one bottle sells for 300bucks or something.....but that is a lesson on why you don't order from Overseas and then try to deal it..

elicotton is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palequail
    yeah but 20 grand could be an exageration...they might think one bottle sells for 300bucks or something.....but that is a lesson on why you don't order from Overseas and then try to deal it..

It's a running joke locally when our Sheriffs Dept busts someone for dealing anything because the value is so overstated in the papers. The county sheriffs son is on my little league team and he ( the sheriff, not the son ) laughed when I asked him about it. He said the media asks and he pulls a # out of his *&%$.

So I shot the sheriff. J/k, sorry.
    Last edited by elicotton; 05-20-2004 at 08:23 PM.

Thread Information