Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Test Rage Myth?

OTSS1 is offline New Member

Test Rage Myth?

I am setting up my second cycle with Test E, Deca , and Winstrol (with nolva and clomid on hand of course.) I kinda kept away from test, because everyone of my friends that has been on it have said that it caused them to get angry.....roid rage . But after research and talking to you all I realize that test is an essential base for a cycle. Is this roid rage a side effect for all users or is it more about your personality and if you are predisposed to anger??

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    It's more your maturity level........... If your an a** hole off AS then you will be one on AS..... Just that simple.

bjayg is offline Member
    now i want you all to listen very close. i was on high doses of test before and was out with some friends drinkin in the local bar, when this dude walks right up to me and calls me a whop. so i said lets take it outside, next thing i know its me and six of his friends out back of this bar. i gotta tell you i totally snapped, puched him right in the nose and killed him right on the spot. then i went thru the other five like they were a joke. when all was said and done i had killed everyone of them and got the hell out of there. boo! lol j/k its all in your head bro..........

falker is offline Associate Member
    I killed a bunch of people once!

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by bjayg
    now i want you all to listen very close. i was on high doses of test before and was out with some friends drinkin in the local bar, when this dude walks right up to me and calls me a whop. so i said lets take it outside, next thing i know its me and six of his friends out back of this bar. i gotta tell you i totally snapped, puched him right in the nose and killed him right on the spot. then i went thru the other five like they were a joke. when all was said and done i had killed everyone of them and got the hell out of there. boo! lol j/k its all in your head bro..........
    Good story though

barbarian is offline Banned
    i can acualy see you beatin 6 people down...your a big dude

craneboy is offline Senior Member
    my wife says im mellower during cycle, go figure

test is best is offline Associate Member
    If anything test mellows me out

woodspan is offline Junior Member
    I have found I am much more in control of my emotions and anger. I have three kids under 8 so this is a trying time. No problems to report and I am very calm, but very self assured if that makes sense.

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    I think the only thing that does make a difference would be fina otherwise I haven't noticed much of a difference.

kaorialfred is offline Member
    I am a stay at home dad/college student with a 1yr old boy and 8 yr.old. So daddy has to keep his stuff straight. Now I have felt a little over confident with the ability to break bones of people who at the gym I work at give the staff hell. In respect to my wife I have turned over to her my testim gel for use. She says it helps the old libido and acne. She's not trying to keep on using either. Just the gel. She by nature is very fighty (montanna mauler) So you can just imagine a black male who is on 2cc of test a week. Constanly trying to run the house and work on another degree. So sometime around here we get a little mouthy but I keep things in control. Old blue eyes doesn't take sh*** from no one. I just kinda she would quit flexing her tricep in front of me all the time.

Either way if you think negative, my view is you will tend to be or swayed that way. Just keep your cool and think before you act.

nickg1983 is offline New Member
    Well I personally think roid rage is developed by doing so much that your liver is shutting down. That will make you really crazy and you will turn yellow. But hey if its gonna make you kill people go for it!

DoctaBig is offline Member
    how do you suppose that liver damage makes you crazy??? and test is not very hepatotoxic?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It's a total rise in blood hormone levels (testosterone , estrogen, progesterone, ...) that can effect aggression and general disposition... some are effected more than others... but it is not a way to enable impulsive, poor choices...

Quote Originally Posted by DoctaBig
    how do you suppose that liver damage makes you crazy??? and test is not very hepatotoxic?
    Agreed. Testosterone nor it's 17B ester will cause major stress on the liver... generally working out with heavy weights can raise liver values...

The Winstrol can effect your liver values since it has the 17a-Alkylated modification that protects the parent hormone from digestive process...

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    rage is a myth imo... MudMan summed it up nicely...

dick on = dick off

Billy_Bathgate is offline AR Vet / Retired
    IT is a fact that testosterone increases aggresion, look at experiments on monkeys and gorrilas with testosterone, however it wont be a problem as long as you are psycologically mature enough.

beefydragon is offline Member
    i'm very chilled during my cycle... so far people loves hanging out with me... i think if you workout hard enough, you'd get rid of your stress level.
    yes, maturity level is definitely another factor...
    my partner loves it when i'm on a cycle... he becomes mr. nice guy and i'm a extremely horny mr. nice guy... go figured... men are just plain pigs...

beefydragon is offline Member
    oh yeah, just to add... the rage and depression comes after you jump off of a cycle... most kids commit suicide is because they don't go on PCT therefore they whole body just shuts down... gotta make sure you take clomid, nolva, tribulus and some supplements during your PCT to make sure you are producing your own test...

LilVito469 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by monstercojones
    rage is a myth imo... MudMan summed it up nicely...

dick on = dick off
    couldn't have said it better myself...

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by craneboy
    my wife says im mellower during cycle, go figure
    Mine thinks I am an animal in bed...

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    i can see more agression, but thats it. big jay,i would actually believe your story bro..

Quote Originally Posted by falker
    I killed a bunch of people once!
    Very disturbing

SV-1 is offline Respected Member
    Food for thought.

Posted by JohnnyB.

The effects of supraphysiological doses of testosterone on angry behavior in healthy eugonadal men--a clinical research center study.

Tricker R, Casaburi R, Storer TW, Clevenger B, Berman N, Shirazi A, Bhasin S
    Division of Endocrinology, Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, California 90059, USA.

Anecdotal reports of "roid rage " and violent crimes by androgenic steroid users have brought attention to the relationship between anabolic steroid use and angry outbursts. However, testosterone effects on human aggression remain controversial. Previous studies have been criticized because of the low androgen doses, lack of placebo control or blinding, and inclusion of competitive athletes and those with preexisting psychopathology. To overcome these pitfalls, we used a double-blind, placebo-controlled design, excluded competitive athletes and those with psychiatric disorders, and used 600 mg testosterone enanthate (TE)/week. Forty-three eugonadal men, 19-40 yr, were randomized to 1 of 4 groups: Group I, placebo, no exercise; Group II, TE, no exercise; Group III, placebo, exercise; Group IV, TE plus exercise. Exercise consisted of thrice weekly strength training sessions. The Multi-Dimensional Anger Inventory (MAI), which includes 5 different dimensions of anger (inward anger, outward anger, anger arousal, hostile outlook, and anger eliciting situations), and a Mood Inventory (MI), which includes items related to mood and behavior, were administered to subjects before, during, and after the 10 week intervention. The subject's significant other (spouse, live-in partner, or parent) also answered the same questions about the subject's mood and behavior (Observer Mood Inventory, OMI). No differences were observed between exercising and nonexercising and between placebo and TE treated subjects for any of the 5 subdomains of MAI. Overall there were no significant changes in MI or OMI during the treatment period in any group.

Conclusion: Supraphysiological doses of testosterone, when administered to normal men in a controlled setting, do not increase angry behavior. These data do not exclude the possibility that still higher doses of multiple steroids might provoke angry behavior in men with preexisting psychopathology.

Powrlftr is offline Associate Member
    You know there has been more than one study done on roid rage .....

Physical provocation potentiates aggression in male rats receiving anabolic androgenic steroids
    McGinnis MY, Lumia AR, Breuer ME, Possidente B
    HORMONES AND BEHAVIOR
    41 (1): 101-110 FEB 2002

Abstract:
    Anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) have been linked to indiscriminant and unprovoked aggression and violence. We employed a brief tail pinch to examine the effects of different AAS on intermale aggression in gonadally intact male rats in response to a mild physical provocation. Animals received 5 mg/kg testosterone propionate (TP), nandrolone (ND), or stanozolol (ST) 5 days/week. Controls received vehicle injections. After 12 weeks, rats were tested for aggression while treatments continued. Animals were paired with either gonadally intact or castrated opponents and were tested in the subject rat's home cage, the opponents's home cage, and a neutral cage. Aggression was tested during tail pinch of the subject rat and during tail pinch of the opponent rat. In TP-treated males, tail pinch significantly enhanced aggression in all social and environmental conditions compared to intact controls. TP treatment also significantly enhanced aggression when the opponents were tail pinched. Tail pinch did not increase aggression in ND-treated males, and aggression was significantly lower than controls in ST-treated males. As expected, cell nuclear androgen receptor binding was significantly elevated by the high dose of TP. Our results show that while AAS alone does not induce the indiscriminate and unprovoked aggression characteristic of 'roid rage, TP heightens the animals sensitivity to external stimuli and lowers the threshold for aggression and dominance in response to provocation.

Aggression in male rats receiving anabolic androgenic steroids: Effects of social and environmental provocation
    Breuer ME, McGinnis MY, Lumia AR, Possidente BP
    HORMONES AND BEHAVIOR
    40 (3): 409-418 NOV 2001

Abstract:
    This study examined the effects of anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) on aggression under different social and environmental conditions. Three AAS were tested in gonadally intact male rats: testosterone propionate (TP), nandrolone (ND), and stanozolol (ST). Doses of 5 mg/kg were given 5 times/week, with gonadally intact controls receiving vehicle only (propylene glycol). Animals received six weekly tests under each condition in a counterbalanced order. Results show that the three AAS differed in their ability to elicit aggression. Males receiving TP were more aggressive than controls, ND males were similar to controls, and ST males were less aggressive than controls. In the social and environmental provocation tests TP-treated males were more aggressive than other groups, but were able to discriminate between intact and castrated opponents and between their home cage and a neutral cage. In the environmental provocation test, TP males were also more aggressive against opponents when tested in the opponent's home cage. It is suggested that chronic exposure to high levels of TP does not eliminate the ability to discriminate between social or environmental cues, as might be expected if it induces a " 'roid rage." However, TP does increase the likelihood that the animal will respond with aggression/ dominance in a provoking situation. All three AAS variably affected serum testosterone and LH levels, as well as testes, seminal vesicle, and prostate weights. No effect on body weight was observed.

Anabolic androgenic steroids and behavioural patterns among violent offenders
    Thiblin I, Kristiansson R, Rajs J
    JOURNAL OF FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
    8 (2): 299-310 SEP 1997

Abstract:
    Objective: the purpose of the study is to give an account of psychiatric symptoms, aggressiveness and violent behaviour among users of anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS). The method used is retrospective evaluation based on information from forensic psychiatric evaluations (FPE), police reports and court records. Fourteen violent offenders were evaluated for current or previous use of AAS. The results suggest that AAS may produce violent behaviour and other mental disturbances, including psychosis. Besides previously described AAS-related violence, termed 'roid rage', two new patterns are described: (1) the cold-blooded executioner ('Terminator'), and (2) the temporary AAS-user who takes the drug for the purpose of encouragement shortly before a criminal act ('Sturmschnapps behaviour'). The effects of AAS on the central nervous system seem to be particularly detrimental to individuals with an inherent psychiatric disorder. It appears that use of AAS may lead to violent acts in vulnerable persons not only during current use but also after withdrawal.

Here's the reference to that one paper you keep posting over and over .....

The effects of supraphysiological doses of testosterone on angry behavior in healthy eugonadal men - A clinical research center study
    Tricker R, Casaburi R, Storer TW, Clevenger B, Berman N, Shirazi A, Bhasin S
    JOURNAL OF CLINICAL ENDOCRINOLOGY AND METABOLISM
    81 (10): 3754-3758 OCT 1996

Here's another ref. but it had no abstract ....

Personality changes due to ''roid rage''
    Mulube M
    BRITISH MEDICAL JOURNAL
    313 (7059): 707-707 SEP 21 1996

Anabolic steroid -induced mental disorders. Nakatani, Yoji. Inst. of Community Med., Univ. of Tsukuba, 1-1-1 Tennodai, Tsukuba-City, Ibaraki-Ken, Japan. No no Kagaku (2000), 22(1), 73-78. CODEN: NNOKFZ ISSN: 1343-4144. Journal; General Review written in Japanese.

Abstract

A review with 20 refs., on the medical application and the abuse of anabolic steroids (AS), adverse effects of AS and dependence induction, and AS-induced mental disorders, including steroid-induced violence.

Hormonal modulation of chemosignals which elicit aggressive behavior in the Indian palm squirrel, Funambulus palmarum. Alexander, K. M.; Bhaskaran, G. Dep. Zool., Univ. Kerala, Kariavattom, India. Editor(s): Doty, Richard L.; Mueller-Schwarze, Dietland. Chem. Signals Vertebr. 6, [Proc. Int. Conf.], 6th (1992), Meeting Date 1991, 499-502. Publisher: Plenum, New York, N. Y CODEN: 59NYAR Conference written in English.

Abstract

Studies were undertaken to elucidate the hormonal modulation of aggressive behavior in a sciurid rodent, the Indian palm squirrel. Aggressive responses of both male and female animals depended on whether the subject was resident or intruder. In the home cage context, gonadectomy curbed aggression in both sexes and administration of testosterone, estrogen, or progesterone to castrated males increased aggression. Estrogen alone affected aggression in the females causing a slight increase in the ovariectomized animals. In the neutral cage context, castration reduced and ovariectomy increased aggression. In castrated males, testosterone and estrogen elevated aggression whereas progesterone did not. In ovariectomized females, testosterone had little effect on, and estrogen and progesterone depressed aggressiveness.

andelman, Ronald. Gonadal hormones and the induction of intraspecific fighting in mice. Neuroscience & Biobehavioral Reviews (1980),

Abstract
    Recent data pertaining to the influence of gonadal hormones upon intraspecific fighting behavior of mice are reviewed. Contrary to previous findings, exposure to testosterone during the neonatal period of development is not necessary for the activation of fighting later in life by testosterone treatment provided that the adult treatment regime is chronic. Rather than ‘organizing’ the central nervous system, neonatal exposure to testosterone appears to render it more ‘sensitive’ to the aggression-activating property of that steroid; animals exposed to it early in life fight more quickly following the commencement of adult testosterone treatment. Other data have revealed that the position in utero of female fetuses relative to males determines to a significant extent the sensitivity of the adult female to testosterone. The responsiveness to the hormone of females contiguous to two male fetuses is enhanced. And finally, although estrogen does not activate fighting in normal adult females, it will do so if the female has been administered either estrogen or testosterone during early life. Females exposed to low levels of estrogen as neonates also will display aggression in adulthood when estrogen titres normally are high. These data suggest that for normal female-like behavior to develop, it is essential that the neonatal ovary be relatively quiescent.

Effect of steroids on aggressive behavior on isolated male mice. Suchowsky, Giselbert K.; Pegrassi, L.; Bonsignori, Arturo. Farmitalia Ist. Ric., Milan, Italy. Editor(s): Garattini, S. Aggressive Behav., Proc. Int. Symp. (1969), Meeting Date 1968, 164-71.

Abstract

The fighting incidence in intact mice was not influenced by s.c. administered testosterone propionate (I); estradiol (II) completely inhibited aggressiveness; progesterone (III) and 6a-methyl-17a-acetoxyprogesterone (IV) were partial inhibitors. II-treated mice began to show aggressiveness almost immediately after interruption of treatment; III and IV caused marked and long- lasting inhibition of aggressiveness. When mice which acquired agressiveness by isolation were castrated on the 15th day of isolation, their fighting behavior decreased moderately up to the 30th day. Animals castrated at the beginning of isolation never became aggressive. Steroid treatment during isolation induced aggressive behavior in relation to the androgenic properties of the compds. used. No fighting occurred in castrated mice treated with IV. Aggressive behavior was moderate in III-treated mice, and readily acquired in those treated with I and 17a-methyltestosterone . Mice treated with 17a-ethynyl-19-nortestosterone (V) or 17a-ethynylestra-5(10)-ene - 17b-ol-3-one (VI) developed little aggressive behavior; after suspension of the steroid, fighting episodes markedly increased. Aggressiveness in intact mice was not increased by the administration of 1 mg. I; after suspension, this treatment led to a significant decrease of fighting episodes. I + II (0.001 mg.) administration to castrated mice caused a linear increase of combativeness. Suspension of treatment led to a linear decrease of fighting incidences. Castrated mice treated with I + II (0.003 mg.) had significant increases of combativeness during the posttreatment period. No significant difference existed between I + II (0.003 mg.) and V or VI after suspension of treatment. On other days, combativeness in mice treated with I + II (0.003 Mg.) gave significantly higher results than in mice treated with V or VI. No significant difference existed between the 2 groups treated with V or VI.
    Androgenic effects may be masked or inhibited by an impeded estrogenic side effect or by estrogens themselves.

But it's all in our heads, right

Anabolic -androgenic steroids and aggression in castrated male rats. Clark A S; Barber D M Department of Psychology, Dartmouth College, Hanover, NH 03755 Physiology & behavior (1994 Nov), 56(5), 1107-13.

Abstract

The resident-intruder paradigm of aggression was utilized to evaluate the aggression-inducing properties of two anabolic-androgenic steroid (AAS) compounds, methyltestosterone and stanozolol , in castrated male rats. Three weekly tests were conducted. On test week three, castrated males treated with methyltestosterone displayed levels of aggression equivalent to the levels displayed by castrated males treated with testosterone propionate on most of the behavioral indices assessed. In contrast, treatment with stanozolol at the dose used in this study was completely ineffective in eliciting aggressive behavior. AAS effects on aggression were mirrored by their ability to stimulate seminal vesicle growth. There were no effects of AAS treatments on the levels of locomotor activity. These findings highlight the heterogeneity of AAS effects on the nervous system and behavior and indicate that the psychological effects reported by human AAS abusers may depend upon the distinct chemical structures of the abused steroids.

Change in behavioral reactions of animals under the influence of the anabolic steroid nerobolil, phenobarbital, and their combination. Maleva, I. F.; Uzbekova, D. G. Ryazan. Med. Inst., Ryazan, USSR. Editor(s): Anikin, G. D. Mater., Povolzh. Konf. Fiziol. Uchastiem Biokhim., Farmakol. Morfol., 6th (1973)

Abstract

Nerobolil (nandrolone phenylpropionate) (I) [62-90-8] (1 or 5 mg/100 g) given daily to rats for 10 days increased the threshold of the pain reaction by 30 and 112%, resp. The higher dose also decreased the threshold of the aggressive reaction. When treatment with 1 mg I was combined with 1 mg phenobarbital [50-06-6]/100 g, thresholds of pain, emotional, and aggressive reactions were increased 70, 20, and 37%, resp.

This one's kinda funny ...

Weight training. A potential confounding factor in examining the psychological and behavioural effects of anabolic-androgenic steroids. Bahrke M S; Yesalis C E 3rd Division of Epidemiology-Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Chicago, Illinois Sports medicine (Auckland, N.Z.) (1994 Nov), 18(5), 309-18.

Abstract

Psychological and behavioural changes are associated with anabolic-androgenic steroid (AAS) use. Changes in personality, moods and self-esteem following weight training have also been reported. The fact that nearly all AAS users are also dedicated weight trainers has often been overlooked in studies examining the relationship between AAS use and behavioural change. A triad may exist between AAS use, weight training and behavioural change (including dependence). It is also possible that changes frequently attributed to AAS use may also reflect changes resulting from the concurrent use of other substances such as alcohol, and from dietary manipulation including food supplements. Weight training and related practices should be considered potential confounding factors in future studies designed to examine the psychological and behavioural effects of AAS.

This one is interesting but isn't necessarily in favor of the roid rage concept ...

Psychological moods and subjectively perceived behavioral and somatic changes accompanying anabolic-androgenic steroid use . Bahrke M S; Wright J E; Strauss R H; Catlin D H U.S. Army Physical Fitness School, Ft. Harrison, Indiana American journal of sports medicine (1992 Nov-Dec), 20(6), 717-24.

Abstract

To assess physiological and psychological states accompanying anabolic-androgenic steroid use, male weight lifters 1) were interviewed regarding their physical training and the patterns and effects of any drug use; 2) completed a written physical and medical history questionnaire, a Profile of Mood States questionnaire, and the Buss-Durkee Hostility Inventory; and 3) were physically examined, including a blood sample and urinalysis. Subjects were divided into current anabolic-androgenic steroid users (N = 12), previous users (N = 14), and nonusers (N = 24). Current and previous users reported the following changes associated with anabolic-androgenic steroid use: increases in enthusiasm, aggression, and irritability; changes in insomnia, muscle size, muscle strength and density; faster recovery from workouts and injuries; and changes in libido. We were unable to confirm these interview and physical and medical history questionnaire responses using standardized and well-accepted psychological inventories. There were no significant differences among groups for any Profile of Moods factor, total mood disturbance, total Buss-Durkee Hostility Inventory score, or any subscale. For current users, there were no significant correlations between either total weekly drug dose or length of time on the current cycle of anabolic-androgenic steroids and any individual scale of the Profile of Mood States, Buss-Durkee Hostility Inventory, Profile of Mood States total mood disturbance, or composite Buss-Durkee Hostility Inventory score. Furthermore, anabolic-androgenic steroid users did not differ in their responses on these inventories from nonusers or from general population norms.
    Last edited by Powrlftr; 05-21-2004 at 02:35 PM.

Pale Horse is offline F.I.L.F.
    I say it's 90% mental 10% physical. If you are a-hole off=a-hole on.

It's just that a lot af psycopatic people that have commited crimes and been using AAS try to use that as their defense. "It wasn't me it was the roids!" So now we have the stereotype bacause a few bad eggs took AAS and tried to pass it off as an insanity plea.

I also agree it is when coming off and your test. is low and estrogen is up that "estrogen rage" begins. Ergo the female disposition.

Quote Originally Posted by 1victor
    I say it's 90% mental 10% physical. If you are a-hole off=a-hole on.

It's just that a lot af psycopatic people that have commited crimes and been using AAS try to use that as their defense. "It wasn't me it was the roids!" So now we have the stereotype bacause a few bad eggs took AAS and tried to pass it off as an insanity plea.

I also agree it is when coming off and your test. is low and estrogen is up that "estrogen rage" begins. Ergo the female disposition.
    Too bad estradiol completely inhibits aggression .... unless you are a pregnant mouse.

Russ616 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    It's more your maturity level........... If your an a** hole off AS then you will be one on AS..... Just that simple.
    agreed, steroids amplify existing emotions. . . .

High Estradiol may inhibit aggression but what about emotional mood swings? That's what we are talking about here loss of temper or being overly emotional. It's not roid rage it's I'm being a b*tch rage, an emotional basket case for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Powrlftr
    But it's all in our heads, right
    I think most of it is, yes. I've used more then my share of AAS, including the great "rage" causing tren , and I've never experienced any "roid rage ". But then I wasn't a violent prick before I started either.

As for the studies you posted that seem to confirm your point of view. Well, I don't give them much weight. With the exception of the one study that used "Fourteen violent offenders", all the others used animals (rats, mice, and Indian palm squirrels). Rats, mice and Indian palm squirrels operate on instinct. What they do when their hormones are messed with are no comparison to humans. If you give a rat some alcohol, and it kills and eats another rat that doesn't mean that a person will. Rodent behavior and human behavior are completely different. You said that you discount my study because it intentionally left out people who were predisposed to violence. Well I discount yours because it *only* used violent offenders, and no normal people.

You may have the mind and self control of a rodent, but I don't. Thank Darwin for evolution.

I agree, 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    I think most of it is, yes. I've used more then my share of AAS, including the great "rage" causing tren , and I've never experienced any "roid rage ". But then I wasn't a violent prick before I started either.

As for the studies you posted that seem to confirm your point of view. Well, I don't give them much weight. With the exception of the one study that used "Fourteen violent offenders", all the others used animals (rats, mice, and Indian palm squirrels). Rats, mice and Indian palm squirrels operate on instinct. What they do when their hormones are messed with are no comparison to humans. If you give a rat some alcohol, and it kills and eats another rat that doesn't mean that a person will. Rodent behavior and human behavior are completely different. You said that you discount my study because it intentionally left out people who were predisposed to violence. Well I discount yours because it *only* used violent offenders, and no normal people.

You may have the mind and self control of a rodent, but I don't. Thank Darwin for evolution.
    Humans operate on instinct too. What about the fight or flight response? I've seen a study on what female proportions are the most sexually attractive to males. Women with a 1:1.1 shoulder/hip ratio was the most attractive to from varying cultures, which would tend to lead one to believe that attractiveness is hard wired in the human brain, not a cultural construct.
    Do you have to teach a baby how to feed? etc. etc. etc. You have to remember that humans are animals and were nothing more for about 1-2 million years, it's only in the last 100k year that we've risen above that.

I just did a literature search and posted any and all relevant papers, whether they agreed with my point of view or not. I also posted the ref. to the paper you post. It's never a good point to take one study as proof positive of anything. I don't discount your study at all, but I prefer a body of evidence since many times different studies give conflicting results.
    If you give a female humans estrogens in the proper doses that will inhibit ovulation, if you give a male human test. it will increase aggression, over a broad spectrum tho, of course.
    Not all AAS's cause aggression in equal amounts or at all in the case of winny(?), and I don't need a rat to tell me that either

It is very clear that most studies are biased against AAS. It's likw the study that said sacharrin causes cancer in rats. Shure if you feed and 8oz rat 15ozs a day!

As far as the fight or flight response that is elementary school stuff. Roid rage is a cop out and if you get it then you have some growing up to do. We do not live in a world at least in America where we have to worry about that on a day to day basis.

Are you a secret crime fighter combing the streets at night for bad guys? Okay I'll buy fight or flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Powrlftr
    Humans operate on instinct too. What about the fight or flight response? I've seen a study on what female proportions are the most sexually attractive to males. Women with a 1:1.1 shoulder/hip ratio was the most attractive to from varying cultures, which would tend to lead one to believe that attractiveness is hard wired in the human brain, not a cultural construct.
    Do you have to teach a baby how to feed? etc. etc. etc. You have to remember that humans are animals and were nothing more for about 1-2 million years, it's only in the last 100k year that we've risen above that.

I just did a literature search and posted any and all relevant papers, whether they agreed with my point of view or not. I also posted the ref. to the paper you post. It's never a good point to take one study as proof positive of anything. I don't discount your study at all, but I prefer a body of evidence since many times different studies give conflicting results.
    If you give a female humans estrogens in the proper doses that will inhibit ovulation, if you give a male human test. it will increase aggression, over a broad spectrum tho, of course.
    Not all AAS's cause aggression in equal amounts or at all in the case of winny(?), and I don't need a rat to tell me that either
    Bro, at this point I don't know whether we agree or not. Maybe we kinda do and kinda don't. I know plenty of people who don't juice that can't seem to control themselves. I imagine if they started juicing that wouldn't change. I can control myself perfectly fine whether I'm on or off. I do not believe that a little juice will turn a reasonable, rational man into a violent uncontrollable caveman. It's called self control, some people have it and some people don't. It just pisses me off when grown men use "steroids " as an excuse for their lack of maturity. It doesn't take steroids to make someone a fu*knut.

daman1 is offline Diet Specialist
    Amen!

redwizza is offline Associate Member
    u 'hijacked' this joke from some one else!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by SV-1
    Bro, at this point I don't know whether we agree or not. Maybe we kinda do and kinda don't. I know plenty of people who don't juice that can't seem to control themselves. I imagine if they started juicing that wouldn't change. I can control myself perfectly fine whether I'm on or off. I do not believe that a little juice will turn a reasonable, rational man into a violent uncontrollable caveman. It's called self control, some people have it and some people don't. It just pisses me off when grown men use "steroids" as an excuse for their lack of maturity. It doesn't take steroids to make someone a fu*knut.
    Well I think that some AAS's cause increased aggression, and under the right circumstances certain guys predisposed to violence could snap. I don't like the attitude of some of the guys on here that think that just because they don't become more aggressive that no one does, and the "it's all in your head" crap is getting old. Your sex drive is all in your head too, do a deca only cycle and tell me how your libido is when you stop.

Hooligan is offline Associate Member
    I wouldn't say it's ALL in your head...but don't you think there is SOME placebo effect added by being "on"?

When I'm on a bulk and feelin big I tend to be more aggressive and more amped to fight entirely indepedent of any gear.

NaughtyNurse is offline Female Member

Very well said!!! You must be mature enough to handle your emotions.
    Blonde and ambitious!!

MOD
    @MuscleSci.com
    MOD@PremierMuscle.com
    MOD@QualityMuscle.com
    Medical Specialist @AtomicalMuscle.com
    [email protected]

[email protected]
    Anything I say is for educational purposes only, and is not intended to diagnose or treat. Please consult with your medical practitioner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information