sooner45 is offline Member

Problem injecting into Delt tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing Prop, rotating sites, glutes, quads, bi's, delts. Well anyway, tonight I was injecting 50mg of Prop in my right delt and about 2/5 of the way through it starts getting harder to inject and the needle gets a mind of its own and starts to slide out of my arm!!! I'm having to physically push and keep the thing in!! While have to fight and inject it in SLOWLY!! Whats the deal???? It didnt really hurt too bad it was just that it started to slide out, and then got harder to inject?? Is that normal??? Did I go too deep?? Not deep enough?? Is it just scar tissue?? I'm using a 5/8 of an inch pin. This is my 2nd or 3rd time to hit the delts and usually no problem but for some reason I had trouble, has this ever happened to you bro's???
    Last edited by sooner45; 05-20-2004 at 09:50 PM.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Could be a few things...

I inject delts all the time, sounds like you were probably injecting into scar tissue...
    Has happened to me and the pressure sometimes pushes the pin back out if you're
    not deep enuf... I would use a 1" pin and go all the way in... Also it could be from
    you flexing your delt while injecting, sometimes I do it and don't even realize it at
    first...

mark956101957 is offline Anabolic Member
    Had the exact same thing happen to me today with my prop injection.

Ntpadude is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    I'm doing Prop, rotating sites, glutes, quads, bi's, delts. Well anyway, tonight I was injecting 50mg of Prop in my right delt and about 2/5 of the way through it starts getting harder to inject and the needle gets a mind of its own and starts to slide out of my arm!!! I'm having to physically push and keep the thing in!! While have to fight and inject it in SLOWLY!! Whats the deal???? It didnt really hurt too bad it was just that it started to slide out, and then got harder to inject?? Is that normal??? Did I go too deep?? Not deep enough?? Is it just scar tissue?? I'm using a 5/8 of an inch pin. This is my 2nd or 3rd time to hit the delts and usually no problem but for some reason I had trouble, has this ever happened to you bro's???
    I think the short pin is the to blame. I was getting scar tissue on my quads because its the only place I like to shoot at, and getpinz sent me 1/2 of my pins as 5/8 needles so I notice shooting not deep enough seems to make more scar tissue... but if I get longer 1 inchers and push past the scar tissue, all goes well. Gotta watch it...if it comes out enough where you shoot between skin and muscle and not in muscle you get a great big knot and lots so swelling in the area that lasts a week!

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    What guage are you using?

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    take a really hot shower before your injections bro it softens your skin up, and its easy to inject.its worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    What guage are you using?
    25 Gauge 5/8 of an inch. I have some 23 gauge 1 inch that I use for quads also.

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sooner45
    25 Gauge 5/8 of an inch. I have some 23 gauge 1 inch that I use for quads also.
    Use 25ga 1'' for everything but glutes, you should use 1.5 there

Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    Use 25ga 1'' for everything but glutes, you should use 1.5 there

Even Bi's??? Is that just to make sure it gets deep enough in the muscle??? Would a 1 inch be too deep for delts and bi's???

cpt steele is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah even bis tris you may want to go a little more shallow, I have never done tri. I have put 1.5 in my delts 1 is fine

Quote Originally Posted by cpt steele
    Yeah even bis tris you may want to go a little more shallow, I have never done tri. I have put 1.5 in my delts 1 is fine
    Have you tried 1 inch in your bi's???

Thread Information