ChefJ is offline Senior Member

blood taste diziness????

Was doing shoulder presses and at the end of my last working set I pushed real hard and had a hint of blood in my mouth and got really dizzy. It eventually passed and I went back to work although with much less intensity. Later on I found that I had caught a cold but do not think this had anything to do with the gym incident. I am currently taking about 825mgs of test per week with no other compounds. I checked my blood pressure when I got home and it was 130 over 68 which is is well below the hypertension stage. any comments or input will be greatly appreciated.

BWhitaker is offline Senior Member
    Your blood pressure when you checked it may have only been 130/68 but in the middle of you strenous set it may be have 3 times that causing vessles to burst

Quote Originally Posted by BWhitaker
    Your blood pressure when you checked it may have only been 130/68 but in the middle of you strenous set it may be have 3 times that causing vessles to burst
    Should we be checking our blood pressure during workouts? I am also thinking of lowering my dose to 600 mgs per week for the last 5 weeks is this advisable it is my third cycle and first one consisting of test only.

I will see if i can get some of the studies dug up that show increases in BP during heavy lifts, expecially in the 1-5 rep range, as well as towards the end of a higher rep set. For the most part, it is only elevated during the set however may remain somewhat higher for a time. Either way, the big concern is not a condition but rather when your BP gets so high tiny blood vessesls in the brain break--its almost like having a very small stroke...very small. The neurons could then die. Do this once, no problem....do it a million times and it may be.

Thank you for your input it is taken seriously and I will definetly be studying this further and I will post any findings.

This may or may not be completely correct, but according to a few papers that i have read it was the case. I will continue to lift long and hard, but i could definately see where this could cause a problem in the future. Mostly, i worry about cognitive funtion. Its hard to have anyone tell you that they didnt experience it because you hvae no way to know at what cognitive level one would have been functioning

Thread Information